Chapter 1

Heartbeat

 

Chapter 1

“Jessica! Jessiiiiie!” a loud cheerful voice was resonating heavily through Jessica Jung’s ears.

She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a familiar face with straight brown hair, eye-smiling cheerfully to her.

“Tiffany…what are you doing here?” she asked with a dizzy tone as she raised her head from the table, and added while looking around confusingly, “What’s going on?”

Her best friend Tiffany gave her a quiet chuckle as she sat down in front of her, “You, my friend, have been sleeping here for almost three hours.”

Jessica widened her eyes as she searched for a clock on the wall, “What time is it anyway?”

Tiffany ignored her and nonchalantly counted, “Five, four, three, two, one…”

Right after she said her last word, the bell rang. After realization, Jessica cursed herself as she witnessed more and more students entering the main hall and leaving the school building.

“Uh yeah, you missed English.” Her friend added.

Jessica’s shocking expression quickly disappeared as she went back to her consistent careless expression.

“Oh well…it’s no big deal. I’ll probably catch up tomorrow. “

“So classes are over. Let’s go.” Tiffany said as both of them stood up from their seat and left the main hall.

Jessica has just arrived to Seoul from America a week ago. The reason why she stayed in America for a while was due to her mother’s demand to take care of her grandparents for a while. Even though she would miss her grandparents, she was glad she was back in Seoul. Jessica needed to continue her degree on Modern Music. Becoming a vocalist or a contemporary singer was her dream career. A few things have changed ever since she left Seoul a year ago. Many of her friends left the high school she was currently studying in. Yoona went to study abroad while Taeyeon transferred to another school. She was upset, but thankfully, there was still Tiffany with her.

They were talking chillingly about random things as they walked outside of the building. 

“So my mom went mad over this and me and my sister were like…OH EM GEEE!!!”

Jessica stopped walking during their random discussion gave her friend a weird expression, “You and your sister said Oh Em Gee? That is so random.”

“No No Noooo!” Tiffany laughed as she shook her right arm, “Looooooooooook! It’s Lay!”

Jessica raised her eyebrow, “Uh no…I don’t have money right now, so I ain’t gonna buy Lay’s for you.”

Tiffany giggled as her eye-smile appeared again, “No silly! That hot guy!!!! His name is Lay!”

She pointed her finger towards a certain direction. Jessica followed her finger and she saw a guy playing basketball with a group a friends. Both of them started watching them playing for a while.

When Jessica took the time to examine the guy Tiffany was talking about, she let out a chuckle, “Well…I kinda get why you’re into him. I’ve gotta admit, he’s pretty good-looking.”

Tiffany gasped as she looked at her and violently shook her head, “Nooo! You can’t say that! He’s mine already!”

“Alright. Calm down girrrrl! Let’s go.” Jessica chuckled as she held her friend’s hand and continued walking.

All of sudden, a ball was thrown in the air and went straight to the American girls. Unluckily, it roughly hit Jessica’s head. She immediately lost balance and fell on the ground, before Tiffany even had the chance to catch her up.

“Ow!” she exclaimed with a high-pitched and whiny tone. She felt a decent pain not only on her head, but on her as soon as her body hit the ground.

Tiffany was startled by this and realizing what has really happened, she couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“Oh my gosh! Jessica, are you okay?” she asked while making a few quite chuckles, as she bent down to examine her.

Jessica put her hand on the side of her head, where the ball hit her. She could not stop exclaiming, “Ow ow ow ow ow ow!!!!”

She felt a little dizzy. Nevertheless, the pain was gradually decreasing.

“Jessie!! How many fingers do I have?” Tiffany asked as she did a V-sign in front of her face.

“Ugh…two?”

“Noooooo. 10 fingers, silly.” Tiffany joked as she pulled her arm upwards and stood her up.

A young man nonchalantly walked towards them. He was wearing a black leather jacket that covered his white shirt. He had light brown hair, almost covering a part of his forehead.

“Hey can you girls pass the ball please?” he asked with a soft voice.

Jessica glared at him, “Why? So you can throw it at me again?”

Tiffany quietly bursted out of laughter, but both Luhan and Jessica were unaware of it.

“What?” he widened his eyes.

“Dude, you threw that ball at her head.” Tiffany told him.

Jessica picked up the ball and walked closer to the young man.

Luhan’s eyes grew wide and his jaw could rise up, as he examined her face. She had straight brown hair. Her bangs were tied up, exposing her shiny forehead. She was dressed sophisticatedly, something Luhan wasn’t fond of, but he couldn’t deny that she looked gorgeous. He couldn’t speak. He didn’t know why. One thing he knew: It was surely not because he didn’t know how to apologize. It was something else.

 

------------------------------------

Sorry for the LONG wait. So here it is. I find it was kind of a boring and short chapter. But I do hope you enjoy it. Poster will be up soon. Subscribe & comment <3