The Reason

Let's Not ...

 

Yoona and Donghae are childhood friends. They’re always together since preschool, elementary, and now, high school. Now, they’ll face challenges of their life as they enter a new school.

Everything was fine at the start until something happened.

“Ouch! Stop pulling my hair!” Yoona shouted along the corridor.

“It suits you, b*tch!” Eunjung said as she drag Yoona to the rooftop.

Eunjung, together with her bratty girlfriends Ji Yeon and So Yeon beat Yoona at the rooftop. They keep on kicking, punching Yoona’s body. They are not contented they also pull Yoona’s hair and slap her face. They pushed her to the wall and say these threatening words:

“Don’t you dare go near him! I don’t care if you two are childhood friends, just STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” , Eunjung said and let go from her grip.

“Just stay away from him and we’ll stop hurting you.” Ji Yeon said as she crossed her arms.

They’re expecting Yoona to cry and beg for their forgiveness, that she will stay away from Donghae. But Yoona, instead, looked at them straight in the eyes, keeping her expressions as brave as ever.

“It’s so easy my dear, we know you can do it” So Yeon said as she caresses Yoona’s face then, slapping it hard.

“We hope for your cooperation.” Eunjung said as she kicks Yoona’s legs and walked away, leaving Yoona alone in the rooftop, full of wounds and blood.

 

Everything has changed since they went to a new school. Donghae became an instant heartthrob since the first month of school. Mean girls started to bullying her, in the fact that she’s super close to Donghae and even her best friend started to fade away from her.

 

Yoona went straight to the comfort room and washed the dirt and blood away from her legs and arms. She also washed her face and her lips stung when water rushes through. Blood came out of the cut on her lips and decided to head to the clinic.

“Doctor Ye—” Yoona poke her head inside the clinic and looked around. She saw no one and decided to enter the clinic. “—sung.”

She shut the door behind her and silence filled the room. She walked through the room and heard a faint noise. Suddenly, Yesung pops out of nowhere. doing his signature dance with his earphones on. His music volume is so loud that Yoona can already hear it and he seems so absorbed by the music too that he’s closing his eyes and shouting:

“Say yeah~!”

“Say Oppa!”

“Say Oppapa!”

“Say Oppapapa!”

Yoona crossed her arms and chuckles at Yesung’s actions.

“Oppapapa~!” Yoona said to catch his attention. Yesung noticed her and stopped dancing immediately and removed his earphones off.

“Oh, hey~ What’s up?” Yesung asked, motioning her to follow him to his desk. Yesung sat at his chair and Yoona sat on the chair opposite to Yesung’s.

“Doing your daily ‘rituals’ again, huh?” Yoona started.

“Yeah,” Yesung replied and chuckles. “So, what’re you—” Yesung was interrupted as he sees Yoona’s current conditions. He was shocked by Yoona’s wounds and bruises and her cut on her lips.

“My god! Yoona, what happened to you?” Yesung exclaimed, grabbing Yoona’s arm and inspecting it thoroughly.

“I…I fell on the stairs…” Yoona lied.

“You. Fell.” Yesung repeated, not believing. “You fell on the stairs…again?”, his voice obvious he’s not believing. Yoona looked down her lap, doesn’t know what to say.

“This is the fourth time this happened to you this month and I know, you know, I won’t be buying your excuses anymore.” Silence filled the room once again.

“What happened to you, exactly?” Yesung asked her.

“Look, if you have problems, you can always talk to me. I’m always here for you, not as a school doctor, but as a friend.”

Yoona smiled. What Yesung has said made her feel comfortable, protected, cared for.

 After Yesung treated her wounds, she decided to tell him everything from the time they we’re still preschool, and that she is, in fact, in love with her childhood friend.

After their chat, Yoona went back to their classroom before the bell even rang.

Donghae’s POV

I was chatting with my ‘girlfriends’ when Yoona entered the room.

What happend to her? Her body was full of bruises, was she beaten by someone? Or she is just being clumsy again? I’ll go talk to her.

“Yoona.” I shouted and sit right next to her

“Yeah?” she replied. She look tired K

“What happened to you?” I said with a worried look

“I just fell on the stairs.” She said. I knew this, she’s lying … again

“You fell … again? It’s the fourth time, how can you be so clumsy?” I said and mess her hair

“Yah! Oppa! Hajima!” She insists and pushes away my hands

“Why? I’m just being sweet to you, you don’t like that anymore?” I said in a sweet voice

“It’s not like that it’s just that, where in high school now, and I’m not a kid anymore. What would other people think if you do that often? They would think where a couple.” She said

“You don’t like that? We will go to that stage right?” I said, just playing with her. I want to see her face red

“Tss.” She said and then the teacher came.

 

The Next Day

Donghae’s POV

“Where is she?” I said to myself

“I want to walk with her. But I can’t see any sign of her. Where could she be?”

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Yoona went out from the clinic.

I run up to her.

“Hey what happen to you again?” I said and grab her arm

“Ouch! It hurts!” She shouted

“I’m sorry. What happen to you this time? You fell again?”

“Y-yes.” She said and looks away

“Yah! How long can you keep your secret? I know you are lying to me. Please tell me the truth! I’m so worried right now.” I said, trying to convince her to say the truth to me.

“It’s nothing. Don’t mind me.” She said and walks away

“Yah!” I was about to run to her, but my ‘girlfriends’ stopped me

“Oppa, Kaja, let’s go to our class now” Eunjung said as she crossed her arms into mine

“Ok, let’s go.” I said and smile

 

 

Yoona’s POV

Urgh! Those brat girls beat me again! I’m so weak now, how could they do this to me? With just one conversation?! Tss, shallow.

*Flashback

I was walking at the corridor, when some girl pulled my hair.

“Ouch! Yah!” I shouted and saw Eunjung and her brat girlfriends again    -_-

What did I do this time? Oh no, the talk.
“How many time we have to tell you STAY AYAW FROM HIM!” Eunjung said and slap my face hard, until I fell on the floor

“You’re really a !” Ji Yeon said and kicks my arm

“Argh!” I shouted loudly so I can annoy them

“Shut up b*tch!” So Yeon said and covers my mouth

Eunjung pulls my hair up and said “If you don’t want us to beat you again, just stay away from him!” She started

“How can I stay away from him, if he’s the one who’s coming near to me?” I stated

And once again, she slapped my face.

“B*TCH! EAT FOOD!” She said and walks away

*End of Flashback

 

No One’s POV

Yoona always have bruises in her body, Donghae noticed that every day. When he asks Yoona about it, she always refuses and walks away.

One day, Donghae followed Yoona. She was on her sight but then a guy interrupted him, so he lost her. But he never stop, he goggled his school until his feet brought him at the rooftop.

He saw Yoona being beaten by his ‘girlfriends’. His heart was torn into pieces, seeing his best friend being beaten.

 

 

 

 

PS: sorry for being a bad girl here. I let them bullied Yoona Unnie.

Mianhae. T_T