The Last G**db*e

The Last G**db*e

Jiyong’s POV

 

Here I go again, it’s a new morning. Time for a new adventure! Everyday seems an exciting adventure to me.

            

    Every morning I say this to a very kind classmate and neighbor of mine, “Good morning!”

 

And once we part after school I say this to her, “Sayonara!” (Japanese of farewell)

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

But I got a different feeling today. I wonder why I didn’t saw her under the cherry blossom tree waiting for me.

 

                I felt nervous.

 

My heart keeps on beating fast and aloud.

 

“What happened to her?! No, it can’t be! She would never leave me without saying goodbye or something. Aissh, that girl really know how to make me worry.”

               

I kept on walking until I had reached our school. I ran, passing through my Bigbang friends, expecting for a friend to apologize and say, “I’m sorry for causing you so much trouble”

 

 

 

But then, nothing of sort had happened.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t saw her and I became hopeless. I have neither enough energy nor strength to face the day.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

 

                Her smiles give me courage all day. It’s very unusual to me if a day is over without looking at her cherished face. She is a shy type, one of a kind person who always begin and end the day with full of smiles on her lips.

 

 

 

I finally decided to stop by at their house after the long period of classes.

 

“Be ready, I can’t wait to hear your sorry!” I blurted to myself.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *

Outside the school building, I saw her sitting under a tree alone.

 

                I ran towards her, dropped my bag & started yelling at her. But in return, she hugged me ever tight. I just end up saying, “You made me worry Dara. . .”

 

 

My anguish vanished. My heart just felt her gentleness and sincerity.

 

 

 

 

                She had expressed herself without words; staring at me, as if trying to say something.

 

 

 

 

 

And finally at our stopping point she had spoken, “Goodbye JI..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’ve never been together since kindergarten until these very days.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

               

My cellphone rang. It woke me up from my dreamland.

 

When I looked at the clock, it was 5: 46 in the morning. The sun had started to brighten up the surrounding.

 

 

 

                Then, I answered my annoying phone without looking at the caller ID.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There…. I felt like I’m frozen inside out.

 

 

 

 

Her brother’s voice tore me apart..........

 

 

“She died?! No, it can’t be. I won’t let . . . her . . . leave me . . . It’s a prank, I know it, Sanghyun always do that…aishh, that kid!”

 

I ran outside the house and went to their place. I opened the door and found her sitting on a sofa, looking back at me, smiling gently.

 

                She smiled and said, “I was waiting for you, sayonara Ji! Goodbye forever.”

 

                I shook my head, “No, I won’t let you. . . .” those words echoed around me.

 

I saw her slowly vanishing in the midst of the dark. I screamed, “Wait!”

 

 

 

 

I ended up hitting myself on the sofa.

 

 

 

 

 

I ran upstairs. I found her mother crying beside her lifeless body. I kneeled on the floor crying as well. I never thought that someone I love and cared the most had bid her Last goodbye.

 

 

 

I haven’t even confess to her yet…

 

                      How much she mean to me…

 

                                    And how much I love her…

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

A sudden twist of fate, within a few moments, his love went to eternal slumber in peace…

 

 

Love everyone and be happy, for every 60 seconds tick tock on the clock, is a minute of happiness you can’t turn back.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *            

Dedicated to

my friend/previous classmate

in high school

who died on

08/05/06

It’s been years but I can never forget her…

She was a very gentle girl…

I thought of her while I was writing this story and thinking about her made my eyes teary again…

Mianhae for being weird and a bit emo now…

I hope she’s happy somewhere up there doing some angel work…

Keke, she’s already an angel before she went up there, I know she’ll do good :)

 

Enjoy your day & thanks for reading!

 

LOVE,

 

~Crazy Author-nim - C.Y.S~