Raindrops

Growing old with you

*pitter* *patter* *pitter* *patter*

“Jinki?”

Jinki looked away from the drops of rain on the window and smiled at his girlfriend, “hm?”

Amber crouched in front of him and held both of Jinki’s hands as she stared at him worriedly, “you’re thinking about your sister again?”

“I-…” *pause* “yes…it’s been a while since she moved to China. I miss her very much.”

*pats Jinki’s head* “ah at least you didn’t lie about it anymore…if you are that worried, why don’t you visit her there? I’m sure she’ll be happy.”

Jinki tugged on Amber’s hand and made her sit on his lap, interlacing their fingers together, “I know. But it’s too soon. Yu needs to heal her heart and to do that, she needs to be alone so despite me being this bitter about everything… I’ll do my hardest to accept. Besides, there’s the business and school. I just can’t leave.”

Amber used her free hand to lightly pat her boyfriend’s cheek, “since when did the business become much more important than your twin sister, dubu?”

*soft laugh* “Just two minutes ago… but don’t you dare tell her that or she won’t talk to me again…”

“Have you seen Changmin oppa lately? He seems… heartbroken. Are you sure he doesn’t love Yuyu?”

Jinki stiffened and for a while his features hardened before the goofy smile reappeared on his face, “I don’t know and I don’t care. “

“Jinki-yah… you shouldn’t be angry at him since it was Yu who ended the engagement.”

“Enough! I don’t want to talk about him anymore. If he didn’t mess up then twinnie should still be living in the house with us and not in China mingling with people I don’t know a about!”

Amber exhaled deeply and kept silent as she felt the arms hugging her tighten, “sorry Amby… I can’t forgive him just yet. I need some time.”

She smiled as she rubbed small circles on Jinki’s back in an attempt to calm him down, “I understand. It’s true that things cannot be rushed… but please do not close your heart to him. He may be the reason why Yuki is in China but I’m sure he didn’t really intend that to happen. If you can, try to hear him out.”

“I’ll try. But only because you asked me to.”

Amber removed herself from Jinki’s grip so she could stand, “I better start on dinner. Seriously, your house has a lot of great chefs and yet you choose to eat here.”
 

 

“I love your cooking.”

Amber rolled her eyes as she saw him move from the single seater to the couch, “yeah right… I’ll pretend I believe you.

“I really do!”

She smiled as she made her way to the kitchen and Jinki mumbled while staring at her, “I hope you never ever get tired of me.”

===========================================================================

Amber was widely grinning as she started on their dinner, whistling every now and then as she cut pieces of chicken for her dear prince.  She took a glance at her watch and smiled once it started ringing, “ah just in time!”

“Yuyu!”

“Ni Hao Amber jiě jie! How’s my beloved twinnie? Has he stopped sulking?”

*sigh* “Speak our language, Yu. No, not yet. Probably would years before he stops sulking, you know the two of you share almost everything.”

The voice on the other line became somber as she spoke, “I know…to tell you the truth, I’m really really missing my twin. But you know as well that I can’t go back. Not when I finally decided to do this for myself.”

Amber sighed and scratched her cheek, “You twins are going to be the end of me one day. Good thing I love you both.”

“Meh… you love my twinnie more… I just happened to come with the package.”

“Shuddup! That isn’t true and you know it! ”

Yuki’s laugh, eerily similar to Jinki’s tinkled in Amber’s ear and she smiled, “Come back home soon okay? I don’t want to be a widow early in my life.”

“I can’t say Amby…. “

Amber heard a guy’s voice calling for Yuki in the background, “Oh… I’m being summoned by the highnesses.” *chuckle* “I already sent the recipe to your email. I’m sure twinnie will be surprised. Tell him I love him and I miss him so much. Tell Patey, I miss her awful lot too. Thanks Ambykins! I’ll call twinnie later! Byeeeeee!”

The call ended with a loud beep and Amber sighed, “these two… aish.. I'm going to have early gray hairs...”