Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

“Will you stop pursuing me?”  Dara asked him, irritation is evident in her voice.

 

            “I can't. Not until you acknowledge my feelings & realize

who I really am to you.”

 

            But she said, “Forget me and find another.”

 

                        He walked away without reply.

 

 

 

 Unexpectedly, accidents befall for some reasons. A vehicle had hit him on his way home. He was brought to the hospital by the ambulance. Jiyong had sustained multiple head trauma and fracture on his left arm.

 

 He's lying on the bed when Dara came to visit him. Tears welled from her eyes. He stared at her blankly so she spoke first.

 

            “I am so sorry. I know, I am dumb & stupid. I shouldn't have let you go. I shouldn't have said those words...I......” but before she could finish her statement, he asked:

 

            “ uhm...who are you?”

 

          “What?!come on stop kidding. It's me Dara”

 

          “I can't remember anyone now, I'm sorry. My doctor said that I'm suffering from  amnesia of some sort or whatever they call it.”

 

            Her heart cried, in her eyes it showed...

 

            She said, “You're so mean...you taught me how to love again..& now you do this?!......... I just said forget me but I didn't mean it. I said I don't need you but I do. I said I don't love you but I lied......How could you forget me so easily when I'm still stuck within the memories you built around me. Those memories linger constantly. How am I supposed to live when all the memories I have is you. . . .”

 

 

                        Loving isn't just about being happy together.

           

                        Love can come with so much pain.

 

 

            Jiyong was still in confusion...all he said was “I don't remember you...or anyone. Perhaps, it's best for you to forget me. I'm causing you a lot of pain”

 

          “How can I forget when I'm still in love with you,  Ji?. . . What should I do? I'm in love with you.” she walked slowly towards the door.

 

But she paused when he said,

 

          “I know I should be over you when circumstances gave me the chance. . . .but I can't. . . . . . . .you're in my mind & heart. . engraved within my soul. . .I'm loving you over and over again.”  he smiled and continued, “so tell me, how can I forget about you? I love you more than you do.”

 

It was fake. Jiyong had no amnesia. He just acted to see if the girl he loves cares about him. It turned out that she loved him too.......

 

….................and now they're together; happy with each other's presence. Their love was a gift from heaven.

 

 

END

******************

Comments are very well appreciated^^

 

LOVE,

 

~Crazy Author-nim C.Y.S~