Part 2

Waking up in the wrong body

So we were finally at SM’s building and during our ride to the HQ like I call it, we were both quiet and looking to the opposite sides sitting as far away from each other as possible. The ride seemed long and I felt like the taxi driver was driving slowly on purpose. Jong In went into the practice room and I followed him as we both were trying to maintain a big distance between the two of us.

-Hyung, Taemin wants to speak with you… - Jong In said with a quiet voice and just passed by Kris trying to avoid eye contact. What have I done to Taemin’s cute best friend?!

-Gwaenchanayo? – asked Kris as he was slowly walking toward me with a worried face. BUT the most important thing is that I know that word I know how to response to it.

-Hii. – I waved as I smiled earning a strange glance from Kris. What did I do? – So um… hyung?… I wanted to ask you something really really important. Is that ok? – I asked a bit nervous.

-Taemin-sunbaenim, why are you speaking in English? – Kris asked me a bit confused and definitely worried.

-Ah… that is a very funny story, haha. Soo is it ok if I ask you for a favor?- I asked as I tried to imitate Taemin’s cute puppy eyes.

-Of course. I will help with whatever I can. – Kris replied immediately. Oh you are such a nice guy.

-Thank you so much, hyung. – I jumped from joy – Then I was wondering if you could write a message to a specific number but in Korean? – I looked at him with curious eyes.

-Why do you want from me to write a Korean message? – Kris questioned as he looked at me suspiciously. As if I was setting him up or doing something bad.

-Because my Korean is bad today as you can see and hear for yourself. That’s why I am speaking in English. – I tried to came up with an excuse but Taemin’s brain refused to work the way I wanted it to.

-I guess that I’ll do it… - he sounded hesitant but it doesn’t matter.

-Great! Let’s go in the corridor. – I said happily as I pulled him out of the training room and gave him Taemin’s phone. – So, I will tell it to you in English and you will write it in Korean, ok? – I instructed.

-Ok… - Kris gave me this weird look as if I was on pills. Well, Taemin will deal with the consequences.

-Ok, so write the following: Hello. I am currently SHINee’s Lee Taemin. As you are in my apartment, I prohibit you from touching everything. You are not allowed to touch my clothes, shoes, hair or… just don’t touch anything. Don’t change your clothes. Here you should add an exclamation mark. Don’t go to the toilet and use the shower. Here add an exclamation mark, too. Do not let anyone in the apartment. Go take the clothes I have left on the chair next to the wardrobe and put them beneath the bed. Do the same thing with my shoes and jacket and lock the door. Take the keys and hide them beneath my bed too and stay in the bedroom. If you hear someone unlocking the door, hide beneath the bed and don’t move until that person leaves the apartment. Exclamation mark. Don’t move from your place. I shall take the first plane to London so that we can switch back. From: Lee Taemin, Seoul. The end.

-That is all? – Kris looked at me worriedly. Oh crap… I just went on and on without thinking as I panicked again… and how can a girl not panic when a boy is in her body. The situation is just ridiculous.

-Yes, that is all. Hyung, don’t worry. It’s just a secret code for communication. I have something like a girlfriend. That’s all. – I lied as I tried to give an explanation for the weird message.

- I see. You have a pretty weird code. – Kris chuckled. Oh god, why is he sooo handsome? He has such a cute smile.

-Yes. Yes it is. – I had no other way of replying… how lame of me… - Soo, did you send it?

-No, you have to write the number. I can’t send a message to no one. – Kris joked as he tried to sound as simple as he could so that I could understand him. He really thinks that Taemin can’t speak English well… or maybe he can’t… - Hyung, do you have the feeling of being watched?

-I thought that it was just me. – he said as he looked at me. At the same time the door behind us shut immediately and a shadow in the far corner moved with the speed of lighting. We have been observed…

 

Meanwhile in England, London

-Mmm… what… where is that phone… at least she has a taste about music… - I whined when a familiar melody woke me up. DO NOT JUDGE ME!! I was tired from all the panicking and stuff. It’s not easy to panic, you know.

Ah, so she is in my body and we have switched and I have to wait until she comes here… Hm… the duration of the flight from Seoul to London is around 11 hours… what am I supposed to do 11 hours? Oh, I’ll watch something on youtube? Or… watch something else… I am all ALONE… plus, she will never know. The only thing I have to do is to turn on her laptop aand… it has a password… Oh my god, I hacked her laptop. I’m such a genius! No wonder she has put my name as a password, after all I am the best person in the world. Just joking. I am one of the best.  Well anyway, it’s time for some action…

 

Meanwhile in South Korea, Seoul

-Thank you so much, Kris. I am indebted to you. – I bowed to Kris as he really helped me a lot. Now I have to pray that Taemin will follow the instructions I gave him and he won’t touch anything.

-You are welcome, sunbaenim. – Kris replied formally, from what I know.

-If you see someone from SHINee, will you be so kind to tell them that I have went to London and that I will come back tomorrow? – I asked Kris for one last favor and the moment I said that… well let’s just say that this wasn’t the reaction I was expecting and no I am not talking about Kris…

-YOU ARE GOING WHERE?!?!?! – two voices yelled in unison as a person popped out of the corner and the door behind us opened wide while another person practically yelling while looking at me with eyes wide open.

-To London. – I simply replied earning another”wave” of shocked faces and this time Kris joined the team.

-You are not going anywhere, young man. – Key started walking fast toward me from the far corner of the corridor while his index finger was pointed at me threateningly.

-Yeah, hyung, why do you have to go to London? – Jong In made a couple of steps toward me looking all confused. Oh, his expression is sooo cute when he is confused.

-I told you many times. I am not Lee Taemin and I am going to London to switch with him! If I was SHINee’s Taemin then how are you going to explain the fact that I know only 5 Korean words? I am waiting for your explanation. – I stomped at the three of them.

-… He has a point. – Jong In said.

-Which side are you at? – Key almost hissed at the poor boy.

-I’m just saying… - he shrugged all shyly and looked at his shoes. How adorable. I feel like hugging him but that would just make things worse for Taemin.

-If you want to go to London then I will come with you as I can’t leave you traveling alone. – Kris said in a serious tone as he seemed to see my determination on going to my home town.

-I have to come too since I am a member of SHINee and I can’t leave you alone. – Key demanded.

-Yeah, I’ll come too. I can’t leave my best friend alone! – Jong In looked at me with sparkling eyes.

-I think you all are ignoring each other’s presence. I need only one person to come with me. – I looked at them with eyes half shut as I looked at them suspiciously.

-No. You are the one being ignorant. Let’s go. – Key said and the three of them headed toward the elevator.

-Oh, you guys are so pathetic. You are using this situation to run from training and working, not to mention that you would probably want to go shopping in London and have a one day vacation. You are just using me to have a little vacation on your own and when you get caught, you’ll say that you just followed me because you couldn’t leave me alone and you felt responsible for me, pushing all the blame on me and me being in trouble as you look all innocent and good hyungs… - I said with my eyes fixed on their backs.

-This really isn’t our maknae. The real Taemin would have never accused us of something like that. How did you find out the tru… I mean how did you came up with such a ridiculous story? – Key said as he and his other two carefree companions turned to look at me in disbelieve.

-Let’s just go. – I whined and started pushing the three guys forward.

 

We went to the airport and the first thing to do was to buy tickets for the first flight to London. The lucky girl I am, there were just three seats left and the three idiots immediately took the tickets, refusing to give one of them to me. I was desperate so I had to sing and dance to a teenage girl who was going to visit her mother in London in order for her to give me her ticket. I, of course, gave her money to buy another one and dashed toward the gate. I was sitting next to Jong In which was just pure coincidence I swear! We were still feeling uncomfortable around each other but not as much as in the beginning. We were listening to music and then he had interest in my life as to where I study, how old I am, things I like to do, random stuff like that that made me feel comfortable and… well from today onwards I am soo gonna be his new fan No1, I swear. Oh, Taemin is No1 in my heart but now there is a little spot that I will make for EXO’s dancing machine. Now that I think about it, it’s kind of funny. The three of my companion’s stage names are starting with “K”: Key, Kris, Kai. The “3K”, my… guardians? Knights? Anyway, it’s funny… in my opinion that is.

 

Meanwhile in England, London

-Ah, that was… amazing. I have never felt like that before. Pure bliss. And her s are soo soft that it’s hard for me to stop touching them. I’m all sweaty, I better take a shower. – I suggested to myself as I leaned backward on the bed, resting my head on the soft pillows. What? I am all alone and I don’t like it when it’s this quiet. I prefer talking to myself than being so boring and quiet.

I took off her PJ and headed toward the bathroom. Yes, I was . I stopped when I passed by the long mirror.

-Hm, nice body you have there, princess. – I said with a seductive grin on “my” face as I was checking out the girl’s body. What? I am a teenager that has never seen a girl… I mean live girl, not on or 3D, a real living girl from flesh. I too have needs you know.  Oh well, up to the shower.

 

Meanwhile in the plane

Ok, soo… somehow we brought up that incident and the awkward atmosphere returned with full force… so did the memories… But his hand was so gentle and soft and he was so close and I could smell his scent and and… how can a girl that has never been with a boy not get when a y guy is so close to her and he is touching private stuff… hmm? Explain that to me.

Anyway, the long and tiring flight seemed longer than I expected it to be… not to mention that when we departed Key and Kris wanted to go shopping!! I had to use Taemin’s aegyo to persuade them in doing this later. Thankfully we finally boarded a taxi and headed toward my apartment complex. I ran toward the elevator impatiently waiting for it to open its doors. I was finally standing in front of the door leading to my apartment and I was banging on it with my fists because I have been waiting for 5 minutes the stupid idiot to open the door. And the most annoying thing is that he doesn’t sound like opening it anytime soon!! That little moron! ty little idol! If he is doing something to my body I will kill him the moment we switch bodies.

-LEE TAEMIN!!! OPEN THE ING DOOR!!!NOOWW!!! -  I screamed furiously as I was banging on the door. Then I heard a clicking noise and stopped. The door in front of me opened and in that moment the world seemed to started moving extremely slowly. It’s like time had slowed down  and the door was opened  slowly as rays of light were coming from inside the corridor and then a girl’s silhouette appeared and I saw myself widely smiling. She threw herself at the three boys standing next to me and started hugging them and speaking in Korean. I didn’t understand a single word but I was annoyed as hell.

-How dare you hug some strangers while wearing such a short dress that reveals so much skin? Not to mention that you are hugging these guys while you are in MY body! Don’t you think you are going overboard? – I clenched my teeth at Taemin as I grabbed “him” for the back of the dress and pulled him so that I could face him – By the way. Someone translate me what he said to you guys.

-She said that she was happy to see us and that she has been waiting for us to come and save her and that she really missed us… - Key translated in English after some time of silence. The three of them seemed shocked as they were as stiff as a rock.

-Ok, whatever let’s just go inside. – I said as I pushed Taemin inside and then pulled the three statues for their hands until they entered the corridor –Let’s go to the living room and talk this over. And you! Speak in English! – I demanded as I pointed my index finger at Taemin. Oh, it’s just so weird to look at my face. I get the chills.

-Will someone explain me what is going on here? I feel confused… - Kris mumbled with quiet voice, his face indeed confused, while slowly moving toward the sofa followed by Key.

-Yeah… that would be nice… - Jong In also mumbled under his nose while looking at “Taemin” and for those who feel confused, he was looking at the Taemin in the girl body.

-I have been telling you all day long!! I am NOT Taemin! We swap bodies! I know that this sounds weird as hell and that is unbelievable, but it’s true. I too wouldn’t have believed if someone said that to be but tha… Hey, wait… how come my…um I mean your hair is wet? Why do you smell like you just took a shower? – I looked at Taemin with confusion.

-Because I really took a shower just now. – he smiled. Oh god this is so twisted…

-YOU TOOK A SHOWER?!?! I clearly said NOT to do anything until I don’t come. Is there something else you have done that I should know about? – I asked sarcastically while glaring at the boy that was in my body while he was making cute faces and looking at me all innocently.

-I watched some movies… - he started with a cute voice looking all innocently while I gaped at the sentence he spoke.

-… At least you are honest… - I tried to hide my anger but I have to admit it, he really is honest –

-Yes, I am. And you have a y body. – he said as he grinned while looking at my dumbfounded face. Oh god please let me kill this erted guy.

-Something else? – I asked a bit scared of the answer, teeth clenched.

-Oh, I almost forgot. – he raised his index finger in the air as if remembering something very important – Your mom says “hi” and that misses you. – he grinned while looking at me in satisfaction. Like a puppy that fetched a stick…

-You talked with my mother? – I asked in disbelieve as my eyes were wide open because of shock and fear.

-Yes. She is a nice lady. I like her. And your friends are really funny. We talked a little. Around an hour or two. – he smiled while my brain refused to work. I just went blank.

-Um… Taemin? Are you ok? – Jong In sounded concerned.

-Yes I am. – replied the real Taemin.

-Um…I was asking the boy Taemin. – Jong In pointed at me a little confused.

-I will be when I return to my body… - said as I hung my head down and I ran “my” hand trough “my” hair.

-I am seriously starting to get confused as we are calling both of you Taemin. Let’s just use your real names. – Key suggested as he was trying to comprehend the situation better… I think?

-I am Kim and that is Taemin. – I said as I pointed at myself and then at the girl next to me.

-Ok. So the boy is Kim and the girl is Taemin… - Kris said pointing at each of us as he was still in disbelieve. At least that how he looked to me.

-Yes. – we both replied earning confused looks from the three boys sitting in front of us.

-That doesn’t matter now. How are we going to switch back? – I asked as I looked at Taemin.

-I don’t know… What is the last thing you remember before becoming me? – he asked me as he looked deep in thoughts.

-The last thing I did was… I lied on the bed and… you won’t make fun of me, right?- I looked at him as I raised my eyebrow in suspicion.

-I won’t. But to be honest, I am hoping that you were touching yourself. – he grinned.

-If you weren’t in my body I would have beaten you up until now… - I hissed – No, I didn’t touch myself. I wished that I wanted to spend a day by your side… - I confessed as my head looked at the floor.

-You are sooo cuutee. – he said as he hugged me – And I wished to be someone else for a day, but it was still day time. 

-Soo, if you wished these things at the same time and there was a shooting star falling at the same time then your wishes came true! – Jong In remarked in amazement as the four of us looked at him with dumbfounded faces.

-… Am I the only one thinking that this is just a stupid fairytale and wishes don’t come true because of a shooting star? – I said with a monotone voice looking at Jong In with a blank face.

-I agree…. – both Kris and Key raised slightly their hands in agreement.

-Jonginnie, sometimes you are acting just like a child… - Taemin said as he sounded somewhat disappointed.

-Whaaat?! It’s true. Once, I saw a shooting star and wished for a bike and the day after when I woke up, there was a bike waiting for me. – Jong In remarked, trying to defend the “power” of the shooting stars.

-I suppose you said the wish out loud? – I asked.

-How did you know?! – Jong In looked at me surprised. Poor kid. He has lived in delusion up until now…

-I just knew it… - Key face-palmed .

-What if he is right? What if we have really switched because of a shooting star and shooting stars have magical powers? If that is true than this is all magic and we are part of a fairytale and me and Kim will live happily ever after! – Taemin started blabbing nonsense with excitement, just like a little child. Me, Key and Kris looked at him with dumbfounded faces wondering how he was able to came up with such a lame excuse or more like how can a 19 year old boy came up with something as stupid as that.

-Someone please hit him… - I slapped myself as I became  completely desperate because of the two stupid boys  blabbing nonsense.

-Could you please shut up? – Key said looking at Taemin, eyes sharp as an axe.

-Ok, let’s just calm down and think rationally. – Kris stepped in to calm down the situation and the daydreaming boys – We will have to wait until tomorrow and see what will happen.

-I’m sleeping with Kim!! – Taemin declared.

-Who said you could? – I questioned him while looking at him with disgust even though it was my body.

-I say so. I am you for now which means that this is MY apartment and I say where and with whom I’ll sleep. – he stood up and put his hands on his waist trying to boss me around.

The next few hours passed in arguing who with who, where and why was going to sleep. In the end, me and Taemin slept on the bed after I prayed to god to turn us back to normal and that if he does switch us back to normal I will believe in him and go to church regularly. Yes, I was this desperate… The next morning we woke up aand …

-OH GOD!!! – I yelled the moment I woke up.

-CHRISUS!! – Taemin woke up too and switched to a sitting position. We turned to face each other and looked in the eyes and examined the other’s face.

-What?! What’s wrong!!??!! – Key rashly opened the door followed by Kris and Jong In, the three of them looking worried as hell.

-WE ARE BACK TO NORMAL!!!!!! – the both of us screamed while holding hands and jumping from joy.

It was a nice heartwarming scene until it was time for the four guys to go back to Seoul and face some kind of punishment. And the fact that they would have been punished wasn’t my biggest worry. Taemin’s words were the scariest…

-Goodbye sweetie. I’ll see you soon. – he said with a wide cute smile while his hands were locked around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

-Who said that we are going to meet again? – I replied while trying to push him away.

-You won’t come to Korea with me? – he pouted as he put more force into his hands, shortening the distance between us.

-Of course I won’t. I have already been accepted in college and will start the semester after a week. I can’t just leave. – I protested in my pathetic attempts to push him away.

-But… but…I want you to come with me. I can’t live without you. I got to know you so much during yesterday. Come ooonn. I’ll pay for your ticket… – he was whining and pouting as he was trying to persuade me in going with him to Korea.

-I decline. – I said with a stone cold note.

-At least give oppa a kiss. – he started pulling me closer and I was centimeters away from his face.

-Noo. – I whined as I placed my hand in front of Taemin’s lips, pushing his head backwards. We were struggling or fighting or whatever you call it while Kris, Key and Jong In were doing their best not to pay attention to us as they felt uncomfortable around us. In the end, Key got impatient and dragged Taemin away. On their way to the taxi Taemin hugged Jong In, bringing back the memory of yesterday’s morning… Poor Jong In, he will remember it until the rest of his life. Let’s hope that Taemin will never know about this “incident”…

In the end after the first semester was over, Taemin came and took me to Seoul. I lived with his family for around 3 months until I had the money to buy myself an apartment while in the mean time Taemin was paying for my education. I had a stable job and a home, I was meeting with Taemin every day and were becoming closer and closer with every minute spent together…

 

-…And that’s how I met my boyfriend. – I finally finished my oh so long story. The girls were looking at me with eyes wide open and jaws hitting the ground. I guess that they don’t believe me.

-You sure have big imagination… - the girl on my right said.

-Yes, she does. – a sweet voice replied as the hands of the owner of the voice embraced me from behind.

-What are you doing here? – I asked amused and happy to see my boyfriend.

-We just finished shooting for the MV and were heading toward a café and then while we were passing by here I thought I saw you so I told them to stop and I ran till here to see you. – Taemin explained.

-You are so sweet. – I said as I kissed him on the cheek. He was able to see me no matter where I was and how many people were around me. This ability of his would never fail to impress me. I was always melting when he was doing this, leaving everything just to see me even for a while.

-So what are you girls talking about? – he asked as he looked at my friends.

-I just told them how we met. – I chuckled as he looked at me in disbelieve.

-Did they believe you? – my boyfriend asked cutely.

-Pf, no. – I laughed.

- I knew it. No one will ever believe us. – he joined me in laughing.

-Definitely yes. – I agreed.

-Well, ladies, I am sorry but I have some spare time and am willing to spend it with my precious girlfriend, so I will be snatching her from you. – Taemin said somewhat apologetically but at the same time sounded proud as he declared that I was his girlfriend.

-Bye. – I waved at them as I stood up and headed toward the exit while holding my boyfriend’s warm hand. And no, I have not forgotten about the bill but they will pay my share too, after all they got to hear an amazing story and to see the love of my life for free. Paying a little bill like this is nothing for those girls.

And now, you too, know how I met my idol boyfriend.