001.

Infatuated

Coming there was like a drug. It was like an addiction that was always there with me 24/7. I came to that danceclub every single night. Just to see that one man, who could move his body so perfectly. I was entranced by him. I would stand in the sea of moving bodies, and watch with my eyes on him, only on him. When I’m there, a spotlight is put upon the man, and if felt like everything was in slowmotion. The ground-shaking music couldn’t be heard, the pushing and shoving of the people behind me couldn’t be felt. It was like we were the only people on the dance floor, in the world.

I never caught his name yet. People just referred to him as ‘The dancer from Club01’ and he was always running, at full speed, out the door after collecting his money that he earned. You could never get a chance to introduce yourself and say you would like to take him out.

He only talks to one guy, Zico. He’s one of the rappers that performs here every Saturday. My blood boils, and anger grows in me when I see the 2 interact. They’re so close, whispering in each others ears, and Zico even wraps his hand around the dancer’s bare, and well toned arms. But all I can do is tighten my fist and go back to sipping my beer thats almost finish. Raise your glass every time you think you’re in love with a guy who you never even talked to.

I tried to get to him one night. After taking his money from the host, he sprinted out of the club. I pushed people and even tripped a few times, but I made it out the door. I see that fiery red-hair from afar, mingled with city-people, cluttering the streets and sidewalks. He’s hailing a taxi, and I try to get to him. Trying to at least get his name. But passersby shove me back as I try to get to him, but as I was only feet away, he’s climbing into the yellow car and driving off.

I tell my friends one day about the mysterious dancer in Club01. They call me crazy and tell me to chase someone who's actually interested in me. But I can’t. The only thing in my mind is the beautiful way he moves his body, ing his pelvis in the air, doing body waves so perfectly. The way he or bites his lips, and smile. He opens his mouth up so wide, his eyes are squeezed shut. The way his eyes are lowered to the ground in concentration when he’s doing powerful arm movements. He rips off his shirts some nights, and my face turns an unattractive shade of red and I lower my head so he won’t notice. But, he never notices me. I’m there every night, but the only thing he’s looking at is the ground. He comes here only for dancing, and I think thats all he wants.

Tonights going to be different, I tell myself. This time, I don’t go in the nightclub, sadly. I won’t get to see him dance like usual. I tend to stay out here until he runs outside like he does every night.
I glance at the rolex watch on my left wrist. It’s 2am, he’s later than usual. When I hear the door being slammed open, I stand up and block the dancer’s way.
“Umm,” he stutters and looks up at me. His chest is heaving up and down and sweat falls from his chin down to the ground. I gulp and try to restrain myself from placing my lips on his.
“S-sir, I have to be somewhere right now. It’s pretty urgent. Do you need something?” he asks and I shake my head, and step back. He looks at me one more time before walking to the street, flailing his arm in the air. “I don’t think taxis come at this time,” I lie to him and walk closer. He stares at me but continues to try to get a taxi. I grab his arm and force him to walk with me to the club’s garage. Wow, Sungjae, when were you this forceful.
‘Yah! What are you doing? I told you already I need to be somewhere. You’re hurting me.”
I immediately release my grip and turn to him. “I’m sorry. Do you want a ride?” I ask and I open the passenger seat of the car. He stares at me, looking up and down. “Who are you,” he ask and grips onto his gym bag, walking back. “I’m Sungjae. I come to the club a lot, and I’ve seen you dance. I’m sorry if you’re uncomfortable, but I can give you a ride to where you want to go. It’ll be for free,” I say and curse at myself in my head. I felt myself getting nervous. My hands started getting clammy and sweat was beginning to form.

He coughs awkwardly and gets in the car, shutting the door. I close my eyes and thank god. I’m in reaching distance and talking to the guy I’ve been infatuated with for months. I tell myself to calm down and climb in the driver’s seat. I start the engine and exit out of the parking lot. “So, where to?” I ask and drive off in the street. “There’s a hospital a few streets down from here,” he says. “The hospital? Are you sick?” I ask and regret almost immediately because I think I might come off as noisy. He’s staring at me again in silence but sighs. “My mother is. She was diagnosed with lung cancer for a few years now,” he tells me and I try to focus on the road, but I turn my head and stare at him, looking down at his hands. “I’m sorry,” I whispered softly. “It’s not my place to know. Sorry for prying into your life.”
He shakes his head and chuckled. I realised I never heard him laugh before, and it’s beautiful. “It’s alright. I tell people that a lot anyways. They always want to know what I do when I’m not at the club. It’s nothing special, I just stay with my mother in her room,” he says and beams up at me. “Oh, and thank you.”
“For what,” I ask and turn to him once more. “You said you watch me dance, that means a lot. We didn’t have any money for dance lessons, so I had to learn by just watching people on the streets,” he says and my eyes widened. “You’re self-trained! Wow, thats amazing. You’re amazing. I’m surprised who haven’t noticed me. I’m in that club every night.” There was a pause, and I gasp covering my mouth. “I mean, no what. I’m not stalking you or anything,” yes, you  are, “I just happened to be there. Please don’t think wrong,” I say in one breath and wait for his response. I hear his beautiful tinkling laugh, and I sigh in relief. “No, no of course not. I’m sorry for not noticing you, Sungjae-shii. It just that I just want to focus on dancing right now. If I make one move wrong or mess up, I could get fired. I can’t afford to lose any money. I don’t even have enough for my mother’s treatment. And Club01 is the only place that will accept someone who didn’t graduate high school,” he says quietly and started twirling his ring with his fingers.

“I’m so sorry. If there is anything I can do to help you, I would,” I say and I hold myself back from holding his face with my hands and looking directly in his dark brown eyes. He shook his head. “I wouldn’t ask you to do anything for me. I don’t like to be a burden,” he whispers, and I sigh when I see ‘Seoul Hospital’ around the corner. “You’re not burdening anyone. I would love to help.” I park the car, but I don’t unlock the doors. “Is it okay if I come with you?” I ask and he stares at me. “You want to meet my mother?” He questioned and I nod. “Sure, I guess,” he says and we both exit the car and into the hospital.

The last time I’ve been in a hospital was when my grandmother died of a , but that was when I was 5. We walk by the dull white hallways, and nurses greet the him and he smiles acknowledging them back. “You’re pretty famous here, huh?” I joke, he laughs and we turn a corner. “Nah, I just come here way too often,” he says and we stop by a door. There was a nameplate on it, reading ‘Kim Jungah’. I see him open the door and walk in. “Mom, I brought a friend over. You don’t mind do you?” He asks and I see her shake her head. He motions me to come over and I walk in to see his mother laying pale and sick in bed. She smiles and I bow. “I’m Yook Sungjae. I’m sorry for bothering you like this, I just wanted to visit,” I nervously say and I see him sitting in a chair close by his mother’s bed. “No, I don’t at all. It’s a relief. I thought my son here lost his social life because all he’s been doing is working and spending his time with me,” she says her voice cracking. His face turned red and he dropped his head to the ground. “I don’t mind being with you, mom,” he says and she his hair out of his eyes. I take a seat by the bed.

“I’m sorry, mom. I was late today, did you wait long? The supermarket needed me to take an extra shift,” I hear him say and my eyes widened. I tug on his sleeve, and he turned to me shaking his head. “It’s alright. I--” The door opened and young woman dressed as a nurse came in. “Oh, I’m so sorry. But I’m afraid visiting hours are over. Please come again tomorrow,” she says, looking at me, sets a bottle of pills by the table and exits the room. “I sleep here at night, so I’ll walk you out to your car, alright?” he says and I nod. He takes my hand and we’re out the door. “Why’d you lie to her,” I ask about him saying he works as a cashier. He stares at me and continues walking. “My mother doesn’t like me interacting with people from the streets. She thinks they’re all up to no good. She doesn’t like dancing either. My father was once a dancer,” he said quietly.

“Why don’t you just tell her? You’re her son, I’m sure she’ll understand,” I tell him and he looks up at me. “No. She wouldn’t. She already has to worry about her health. I don’t want her to be fussing about me being a dancer in a nightclub.”
“Don’t you like dancing? Wouldn’t you feel more happy knowing your mother knows.”
“I love dancing. But I love my mom more. Those 2 is all I have left. If I lose my mother I wouldn’t be the same,” he whispers, and we’re outside now, walking over to my car.

 

“Where’s your father?”
 

“I don’t know. He left when I was 4, I don’t remember him at all,” he harshly states. We reach my car, but instead getting in, I stare at the man in front of me. The man I’m so obsessed with. The man who I can't go more than 3 hours without thinking of. The man I’m in love with. Why does he have to have such a complicated life. He doesn’t deserve this. He deserves to be happy. Laughing and smiling everyday, in my arms. I want to be able to talk to him everyday, learn more and more about him.
 

“Do you want to go out for dinner with me?” I ask and almost cringe at the lack of romance I had. He froze and stared up at me. “I-I don’t know, Sungjae-shii. I don’t think I have time for dating. I’m sorry,” he whispered and turned around, heading back to the hospital.
 

“Come on. You still haven't paid me back for the ride here,” I say, desperate. He turns back and smiles. “I thought you said it was free,” he chuckles. “Just for one night. If it doesn't work out, I’ll leave you alone,” I say even though I think I’m lying. I don’t think I’ll be able to stop myself from seeing him. He was like my drug, an addiction. He laughs, and gives in. “Alright, alright. Tomorrow at 4. Sharp. I hate waiting,” he replies then laughs. Before he makes another steps, I close the distance between us and set my hands on his shoulders. I look him in the eyes and he stares back. How can those innocent eyes belong to the man who I saw dancing so ily and fiercely every night at the dance club.

I lean in and close my eyes. My lips press themselves on his forehead, and we stayed like that for a while. I pull back and nod. I start to walk back to my car. “4:00 got it. I promise I won't be late,” I laugh and I see he’s still in shock. “Oh yeah,” I yell, and he looks at me. “I never caught your name.”
He rolls his eyes and uses his hand to make his voice echo. “It’s Kim Yukwon. But’s its hyung to you, Sungjae-ah,” he says and I grin. “Okay, okay. Goodnight Yukwon hyung! I’ll see you tomorrow,” I say in climb in the car. I drive off, and I see him waving his hand in my rearview mirror.

 

 

---------------------

orz this is my first time writing , but I tried. ;~;

I hope you enjoy.

And please leave comments on what you think~~