Book 1: Taeyeon and Baekhyun

Love Sick

Book 1: Taeyeon and Baekhyun

It hurts. It hurts so much. Why does it hurt so much?? He, he left me..

My name is Kim Tae Yeon and I am 24 years old. Many people say that I’m still young, but I hate my age! If only. If only I was 3 years younger, things would be different. Things would be on their right places. Like him. If only I was 3 years younger, he’d still be here with me. I miss him so much. It’s been 2 weeks since I last saw him.

 

I remembered the first time we met last year on a July afternoon..

 

>>Flashback

 

It was a Wednesday afternoon and I was at the school park under my favorite old oak tree, studying for the upcoming examinations.

 

“Ahhh! What a nice weather we have today! Okay Taeyeon-ah! Let’s study! Hwaiting!” I cheered myself happily and took out my notes, my pen, my huge calculus book and my sandwich and bottled water, in case I get hungry. I was so busy scribbling my notes when a ball went flying towards me and hit my head. I looked up and saw a bunch of boys not too far away, whistling. I let it go and continued my studying when another ball hit my poor head.  I let out a sigh and still continued studying. “Let it go Taeyeon. Let it go. It’s just an accident.” I told myself and fixed my hair. Before I could write something down, another ball hit me again, and this time, it was a strong one. “AGGR! That’s it!” I dropped my things and stormed towards those stupid boys.

 

“Yah! Who threw those balls?!” They pointed their fingers at each other and stared at me innocently. There were 6 of them and I could tell that they’re ages are not far from 17-21. Ugh! These boys are pissing me off. “Look little boys, I don’t have time for your stupid games! Just..” I closed my eyes and relaxed a little bit. “Just don’t do it again. Arraso??” As I walk away from them, a guy from their group spoke.

 

“Yah! Ajumma, How old are you??” That jerk! How dare he call me an ajumma?!

 

“BWO?? Ajumma?! Do you want to die?! Just who do you think you..”

 

“Just answer me ajumma, You’re so loud!” Dear God, please spare these little boys’ lives. Please stop me from strangling them with my own bare hands…

 

“Yah! Ajumma! Are you deaf??” The bored looking boy asked me one more time. Aigoo. Better answer him before I get insane.

 

“I’m 23. Got a problem with that?” All of them shook their heads except for that one rude punk. “Now, can I study peacefully?” I turned my back on them and started walking away.

 

“You know, for a pretty dangshin ajumma like you, you’re prettier when you smile.” That stopped me from my tracks. Before I could turn around, they disappeared just like that. “What was that all about?” I shrugged it off and went back studying.

 

He was a little weird right? Well I guess that’s one of his charms. Anyway, after that incident, I thought I’d never see him again. I was so damn wrong. He and his “Followers/Friends” would chase me everywhere I go. I don’t even understand how the heck they knew my schedule! And aren’t they tired following me around? Don’t they have any classes to attend to? It really made me nuts!

 

After 3 months of following me around, I learned that they’re the university’s “Flower boys” and they call themselves EXO. And I also heard that their names were Suho, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai, Sehun and finllay, that rude jerk, Baekhyun. I think they’re the riches boys attending here at our university, if I’m not mistaken. And the reason they can just cut class and follow me around is that they can rule over everyone. What the heck is this school? I thought those kind of people only exist on Kdramas? It’s crazy. And scary if I must say.

 

So anyway, a week after October, they stopped following me. Or so I thought..

 

>>Flashback

 

“Ms. Kim Taeyeon, Please come to the principal’s office.” The speakers spoke through the four corners of our classroom during history. Everyone looked at me curiously as I hurriedly stood up and exited nervously.

 

“What did I do wrong?? Ottoke? Why am I being called?” I asked myself while walking to the main building where the principal’s office is located. When I reached the door, I knocked twice and entered. I peeked a little and saw the principal sitting on his table and a boy standing at the corner. I entered inside and bow politely.

 

“Annyeong Principal Byun.” The principal stood up and responded the bow.

 

“Please take a sit Ms. Kim.” I walked towards the chairs in front of the table and notice the guy who’s standing at the corner. Mr. Byun interrupted my staring. “I’m sorry for bothering you Ms. Kim. I asked you to come here because I want to talk to you.” I nodded and he continued. “You tutor students right?”

 

“De, I tutor students Mr. Byun. Am I in trouble?” I asked while fidgeting my hair. “I have read the school’s handbook and it doesn’t say that tutoring is not allowed.” I said nervously. Mr. Byun chuckled and looked at me amusedly.

 

“Annyeo. You’re not in trouble Ms. Kim. You know, we’re actually very thankful to you because students you help are improving and passing their subjects.” He said thoughtfully. “Well, I’m not going to waste your time Ms. Kim.” I waited and he continued “I’m going to ask you to tutor my troublesome son here.” The boy standing at the corner turned around with a bored looking face and bowed.

 

“Annyeong, I’m Byun Baek Hyun. Please treat me well.”

 

I was a little shock at first. But then I got over it. I accepted Mr. Byun’s offer and helped his son. So he’s his son after all. Now I understand. And so, everyday, we meet after class. And again, I got to meet his friends and end up also teaching them. They’re not really troublesome. They’re just a bunch of teenage boys who loves to have fun. After 2 months, Baekhyun started to meet me alone and I’d tutor him for 3 hours at the library. The scenario repeats itself for 6 months and I tell you, it became weirder and weirder every time we meet.

 

>>Flashback

 

“Yah ajumma.” (Yes, he still calls me ajumma which pisses me off most of the time.) He said while reading an English book I recommended to him.

 

“What?” I asked uninterested while I busy myself with scribbling my own notes.

 

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” I stopped writing and looked at him.

 

“It’s none of your business.” I said.

 

“Well, I am curious.” He dropped the book and stared at me.

 

“No. I never had a boyfriend before and I don’t plan to have one until I graduate.”

 

“Wow. Forever an ajumma. I’m so sad for you.” He mocked and smiled. Ugh! Why does he have to smile? I swear, it creeps me out when he smiles. He looks so.. UGH! What the heck am I thinking? I shook my head and continued what I was doing. After that conversation, he would tease me more about it on the following days. Sometimes, I’d hit him on the head, and sometimes I’d let it go.

 

----------------------------------

 

One Friday afternoon, we met at the library and I gave him a test paper. It was for knowing how much he improved and for me to study so that I can help him on where he is weak and lacking. So while he answered his paper, I didn’t notice that I drifted to sleep, Maybe because I’m so tired with my thesis and exam, plus study sessions with Baekhyun every afternoon that I didn’t had the time to rest. I had this dream. There was this boy talking to me with a sad expression.

 

He said: “Noona, can I call you noona? I think we’re closer now. I think my plan worked after all. I liked you ever since you enrolled to this school. You’re like this sunshine I never saw my whole life, you brighten up the day with your wide smiles and your bubbly character. I want you to be mine. But I’m afraid. I’m afraid you’d turn me down.” The boy was staring at me sadly. I wanted to hug him and tell him that everything’s gonna be alright. But I can’t move. I feel heavy. I slowly woke up from my sleep and saw Baekhyun beside me staring intensely at me. I stared back and I could feel my heart beating faster. I smiled nervously at him. And for the first time, he smiled genuinely at me.

 

After that day, we became closer. He’d speak softly to me every now and then, but that wouldn’t last. He’d come back to his obnoxious self when he feels like teasing me.

 

The day I never expected came. The day when he called me Noona.

 

>>Flashback

 

“Baekhyun-ah. This will be the last day. Aren’t you sad? We’re not gonna see each other anymore.” I while reviewing his last exam.

 

“Yah Noona, don’t say that, I’ll still follow you around.” He said smugly. Did he just call me Noona??

 

“Did you just called me.. Did you just call me noona??”

 

“What are you talking about ajumma? Dream on!” He said nervously looking away.

 

“Eyyy! You just call me noona!! I’m so touched!!” I stood from my chair and went to hug him.

 

“Yaah. Yah! What are you doing?!” He asked a little shaky. I giggled and tightened my hug.

 

“I’m not letting go unless you repeat calling me properly.” I challenged.

 

“Ugh! Arraso. Please spare me noona! I don’t want to die yet! You’re suffocating me!” I finally let go and looked at him.

 

“Aigoo! You’re blushing! I have to capture this moment! I’d never imagine in my whole life, The great Byun Baek Hyun was capable of blushing!” I took my handphone and took a picture of him.

 

“tch. If I know, you’re just going to stare at my picture at night when you miss me.” He teased smugly. I blushed and slapped his shoulder. He laughed and patted my head. “You know noona, you’re so small. I wonder how it feels to kiss a person as small as you.” My eyes widen in surprise and looked at him.

 

“Yah you ert! You’re too young to think of those kinds of things!” I nervously scolded him.

 

“Arraso noona, I won’t play anymore.” We fixed our things and headed out the library. While walking, he stopped and held my hand. “Noona, I’ve been wanting to ask you this a long time ago.”

 

I looked at him nervously and he continued.

 

“I really like you. I really, really like you.” And right there, he hugged me. “I don’t expect you to like me back. But I promise you that I’ll be a better person. I’ll strive hard and I’ll be mature for you to like me. I know you only see me as this silly boy who always follow you around, but I’ll prove you that I can be a man.” He slowly parted from the hug and stared at me. I smiled at him warmly and he smiled back. I bravely took his hand and continued to walk home. I don’t know why I did that, but it feels nice. I liked it.

 

The following days after that, the principal congratulated me for taking care of his son and told me that Baekhyun never misses classes anymore. I still see him after class waiting for me and he’d offer me to walk me home. We sometimes joked around, hang at the arcade and play against each other. I always win, but I secretly knew that he do it on purpose. Sometimes we would eat ice cream and hang at the park and talk endlessly about random stuffs. We lasted like that for 5 months and I was never happy. I never got the chance to tell him how much I like him too because the day when I found the courage in me to finally say it, he started to avoid me. I thought that he was just busy with studying and I have to understand him. Days passed, weeks.. and I can’t take it anymore.

 

>>Flashback

 

One day, while walking at the park, I saw him with his friends. I breathed heavily and walked towards them. His friends saw me coming and their expressions went frowning.

 

“Annyeong Hasseyo.” I greeted. They all bowed politely and looked at Baekhyun. He signaled them to leave us and they did. “Baekhyun-ah. How are you? Did you do well last exam?” He looked at me and looked away.

 

“What are you doing here noona?” He asked. That panged my heart a lot. He didn’t want to see me. He really was avoiding me.

 

“Well, uhm, I wanted to see you. Why.. why are you avoiding me??” My eyes were becoming a little wet and my voice was a little shaky, but I managed to compose myself. He sighed heavily before he answered.

“Noona, I can’t do this anymore..”

“Wh-what are you talking about? What do you mean?”

“I don’t think I can be with you. I’m too young for you noona..”

He finally looked at me and I could see bitterness in his eyes. No! This is not happening!! Not now! Not now that I know what I feel for him. My eyes started to flow with tears. I turned around and ran away from him.

 

It hurt me so much and I had to run away. I don’t want to hear his explanations. I’m scared of his reasons. I’m such a coward.. And now. I just wish that I was 3 years younger..

 

 

I was busy reminiscing my memories with him and crying when my phone went ringing.

 

“Yoboseyo?” I answered. “What?? My step brother? Arraso, I’ll be there!” I hang up, took my bag and went running out of our house.


--------------------------------------

Author's note:

Anyeong! :D Sorry for the delay. Hihi. I don't have classes today so i decided to finish book 1. Don't be sad dear readers. You'll never know, the ending might surprise you right? So it's Tiffany and Siwon in Book 2 and Yongseo in Book 3. Have fun reading and please subscribe, comment and happy reading!! :)