WHAT?

The Dull One

L stared up at his ceiling blankly.

Things to think about. Many, many things.

L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair frustratedly. Why didn't he fall in love easily like any other guy out there? Why couldn't he just have the perfect relationship like he wanted to?

He was a good guy right? So why was this love thing so difficult for him?

L groaned, burying his face in his pillow.

His door opened and he didn't even notice it. Mrs Kim blinked at him and cocked her head to the side. "Why? Girl trouble, Myungsoo?" she mused.

L sat right up in shock, his hair in disarray while looking cute all the same. "Umma." he cleared his throat awkwardly, embarrassed that she walked in on him while he looked so....foolish.

Mrs Kim smiled and put down the tray of tonic soup. "Here, drink this." she held it to him. "I made some and saved this bowl for you."

"Thanks Umma." L slurped the soup hungrily, wanting to drown his troubles with food. He sighed again unconsciously and Mrs Kim looked at him curiously. "Is something wrong, Myungsoo? Girl problem right?"

L looked at his mother in surprise. "Umma, I'm that obvious?" he whined.

"I'm your mother, of course it's obvious to me." Mrs Kim laughed. "So, tell me about this girl you're dating. I heard from your father that you're dating the school's most popular girl. How is she?"

L drank the last bit of the soup and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "She's nice." he shrugged. "Cute. Pretty. Desirable as long as you're male." he coughed, embarrassed when he realized what he said to his mother.

Mrs Kim laughed at her son's expression. "Go on." she urged.

"Well yeah." he nodded. "So today I went out with Chaekyung on the first date since we got together, together with Woohyun hyung and his girlfriend."

"Oh, a double date." Mrs Kim smiled. "Fun."

L wrinkled his nose. "Maybe." He closed his eyes momentarily. "It was beyond awkward, uncomfortable." he muttered. "And I see Woohyun and his girlfriend being so close and snuggly, and I can't even hold her hand without feeling like everything is wrong."

"I really tried you know?" L mumbled. "I held her hand. And then my palms became sweaty. And it felt just so disgusting to have someone hold your sweat and I just couldn't wait till we reached where we were going to go and just have a reason to drop her hand."

"Do you think that maybe...she's not the one for you?" Mrs Kim asked carefully. "I'm not saying that she isn't. I'm not saying that she is. I'm just saying that you have to consider that posibility."

L sighed and rubbed his temples. "I don't know." he muttered. "I know I'm really confused about this and I know I have to clarify my feelings before everything. It's just this period before I'm sure about what I feel, this period ." he grumbled.

Mrs Kim laughed softly. "Whether or not you love her, Myungsoo." she advised. "When you're in a relationship, I want you to give it your all. It's only right that you do. And when you realize you don't love her I want you to end it immediately because it's not right, okay?"

"If you happen to love her," Mrs Kim smiled. "Then treasure her like she's the best thing on earth."

Mrs Kim patted his head. "Aigoo my little boy's having girl problems already?" she chuckled. L pinked and made a face at his mother. "Umma!" he whined.

"Alright alright. Goodnight, Myungsoo. Don't dwell too much on it." she called.

L nodded and crawled into bed. He looked up at the ceiling and bit his lip. "Give it my all?"

 

 

 

"This is the way man!" Sunggyu praised. "Gifts are the best way to a girl's heart!"

L rolled his eyes and tucked the box of chocolate under his arm. He thought about it and he figured it was right. He was in a relationship with Chaekyung and she deserved his everything despite his internal struggles.

Hence to make up for his physical lack he decided to give her a little chocolate to cheer her up, and maybe bring her out for a meal or something.

"Since you bought a box, you should have bought another for me, L." Sungyeol pouted. "You know I looooooove chocolates. Not even sparing a thought for your friend."

"And I also know you love cupcakes and waffles and ice cream and frozen yogurt and jelly beans and toffees and..." Dongwoo raised his brows. "Must I continue?"

"Mean." Sungyeol huffed.

L shook his head amusingly at his friends as he walked towards the hallway. He saw Chaekyung together with her friends and he unconsciously tracked where Jaekyung was as well, at the opposite end, getting her books out from her locker.

She turned the same time he looked at her, their eyes meeting instantly.

L smirked at her and she cocked her head to the side, confused. L looked away, turning to approach Chaekyung more confidently now that he knew she was watching.

"Hey Chaekyung." L called.

Chaekyung brightened at the sight of him and bounded to his side. "L oppa!" she beamed brightly. "You're here!"

L nodded. He pushed the box in her hands awkwardly. "Well uh, I got you chocolates." he cleared his throat, clearly not used to this. "Hope you like them."

"Chocolates?" Chaekyung squealed. "Omo!" she opened the box to see a range of delicately made, mouth watering chocolates that looked like they were begging to be eaten.

"L oppa! They look delicious!" Chaekyung gasped. L smiled. "Glad you like them." he nodded. "And uh, want to eat lunch together after school today?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

Chaekyung looked pleasantly surprised. "Sure!" she blurted quickly. "Sure! I'll see you after school oppa!" she giggled.

L nodded, excusing himself and making his way back to his friends. The first person whose eyes he met was Jaekyung when he looked at her direction. He raised his brows and Jaekyung actually spared him a small smile and nod.

L suddenly felt like everything was worth it.

------

"Wow everything looks posh here, L oppa." Chaekyung whispered.

"It's not that expensive really, they have student meals here." L shrugged. "Not that I don't want to but I won't bring you to too expensive places because I don't have enough money as a student. I refuse to spend my appa's."

Chaekyung smiled at him admiringly. "You're so righteous, L oppa." she sighed dreamily.

"Ah well." L cleared his throat. "So what are you going to have?"

"I'm thinking this fish and chip set looks good." Chaekyung tapped her chin. "Or this grilled salmon."

"The grilled salmon definitely." L nodded. "It's their signature dish."

"Reall?" Chaekyung brightened. "I'll have that then!" L nodded and signaled for a waiter, ordering the Grilled Salmon for her and Steak for himself.

They chatted briefly until their food arrived. Chaekyung's eyes widened at the large portion of Grilled fish and her lips. "Wow."

"Yes wow." L smiled. "Tuck in."

Chaekyung didn't need to be told twice. She dug in with gusto and hummed in approval. "It's really good, L oppa!" she smiled. "The sauce is really good too! It has this taste...I haven't tasted anything like this..." she chewed.

"Really?" L blinked. "It's peanuts."

"Peanu-" Chaekyung gasped, her hands reaching to her neck as she choked. "L oppa...I'm allergic to n-nu.nuts..." she gasped for air.

L's eyes widened and he sprang out of his chair. "Someone, call the hospital!" he hollered urgently. A waiter did so immediately, while L fed Chaekyung water and rubbed her back soothingly while she gasped and choked.

"L o-oppa.." she croaked.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." L bit his lip. He whipped his phone out, knowing he would get killed by this one person he was about to call.

"Hello, Lee Jaekyung? I'm sorry but I...I accidentally fed Chaekyung nuts and...and we're going to the hospital."

"WHATTT!!!!"