Mentor

The Dull One

"I have a girlfriend. I have a girlfriend. I have a girlfriend." L muttered to himself as he walked.

He frowned and massaged his temples. Damn this, he should be elated right? He felt just damn weird right then why was that so?

"You should get a book, L." He told himself. "Learn how to be a boyfriend. How to care for your girlfriend, or do these things come naturally?" he scratched his head. "Damn it I'm so confused."

"First sign of being madly in love," Sunggyu stressed the word 'madly', "Talking to oneself. That's definitely a sign of madness."

L scoffed and elbowed his hyung. Sungyeol slung his arm around L and made a face. "You're abandoning me for Chaekyung already aren't you?" he pouted. "Meanie Myungsoo!"

Pushing Sungyeol's face away, L rolled his eyes. "Don't talk as if you're gay, hyung." he muttered. "If you really are, please target someone who's ual preference is the same as yours."

Sungyeol made a face and bumped L's shoulders. "You're no fun!" he complained.

Sungyeol turned to Dongwoo who had been the nearest to him besides L. "Dongwoo yeobooooo~~" he called. Dongwoo raised his brows, confused for a moment before he caught on. "Oh neh Sungyeol babyyyyy??" he responded cooperatively.

L gagged and the rest of the Infinite boys laughed. Woohyun grinned at L. "So what are you doing today after school?" he asked. "Have any plans yet? You've got to bring her out today you know, your first day together as a couple!"

L scratched his head awkwardly. "Uh.....I have the Newsletter Committee meeting after school today." he mumbled.

"What?" Hoya rolled his eyes. "Just miss that meeting or something! You've got to be a good boyfriend you know, caring and all. Which boyfriend goes off to some stupid meeting especially on the first day he got together with his girlfriend?"

"Uh, me?" L coughed awkwardly. "I want to go to this meeting. I've been looking forward to it and I've written a few articles of my own." he brought out a few printed copies, his face lighting up. "I want to ask for opinion and-"

"Oh man look at his face." Dongwoo cringed, pointing. "He looks soooo happy just talking about this newsletter thing. He doesn't even look like that when he's talking about Chaekyung."

"Dude, you're not straight or gay. I've diagnosed your disease." Sunggyu muttered. "You have obsessive compulsive disorder towards writing. It's at terminal stage. Please cure it before it gets fatal."

L pouted and put his papers back in his bag. "I'm sure Chaekyung won't mind." he shrugged. "There's nothing special about today. We can go out any other day." he carried his bag pack. "I'm going to this meeting, see you guys tomorrow."

He walked off excitedly to the meeting and the Infinite boys shook their heads. "He doesn't look like he's ready for a real relationship." Sungjong blurted.

"We'll have to wait and see." Sunggyu muttered. "In the mean time, we've managed to get him a girlfriend! Not bad!"

 

 

 

To: L

L oppa! Are we meeting up today after school?

Ahehe I still haven't gotten used to the fact that I already have a boyfriend! <3

From: Chaekyung

 

L bit his lip. Oops.

He quickly typed a message back.

 

To: Chaekyung

I'm sorry Chaekyung, I have a meeting today after school.

I'm sure you won't mind if we spend time together tomorrow? Yeah, I'm still getting used to the fact too.

See you tomorrow.

From: L

 

L contemplated on whether he should put a heart like she did but decided against it. Wasn't honesty the best policy in a relationship? He definitely wasn't someone who would put hearts everywhere, so no.

He tucked his phone into his pocket and rushed into the meeting room, late. All eyes were on him, judging as they had all heard about his new relationship.

Even Teacher Jung.

She giggled when he entered and motioned for him to sit. "You're pardoned for being late today, Myungsoo." she grinned. "Must be the romance in the air huh?"

L pinked and fiddled with his papers, clearing his throat awkwardly. Kikwang thumped him on the back and gave a smile. "Good to you! You've got the cutest girl in the entire school!" he whispered.

L nodded awkwardly, not knowing how to respond.

Jaekyung was the only one who didn't bother about their useless chatter. She opened her file and tapped her pen. "So, can we move on with the meeting now Seongsaengnim?"

Teacher Jung scowled, apparently wanting to gossip some more. "Oh alright." she muttered. "Today we'll be distributing the new topics of reports to be done for the next issue of the school's newsletter." she announced. "I have some topics here, four of them."

She passed each slip of paper to the students she had in mind. "You girls can do the report together." she passed the slip to the two girls in the newsletter committee besides Jaekyung, called Krystal and Jessica.

"Kikwang, you'll be in charge of the sports section." she told him. "Yoseob, you''ll be in charge of the second page article."

She smiled at Jaekyung. "And Jaekyung, as usual, will have the front page news." she passed the slip to Jaekyung. "Have it nicely written as usual."

Jaekyung nodded and read the slip, already imagining the possibilities of expanding the article.

Teacher Jung patted L's shoulder. "And since Myungsoo is new here and we won't be giving him an article to work with himself, I'm going to appoint someone as his mentor to guide him before he is allowed his own articles."

She smiled brightly at Jaekyung.

Jaekyung felt the gaze on the top of her head and she peeked up from behind her bangs. She blinked. "Y-yes?"

"Jaekyung, you'll be in charge of Myungsoo from now on." Teacher Jung ordered. "You'll be his mentor and make sure he learns the ropes okay?"

She clapped. "Meeting dismissed!"

Jaekyung stared at the table top in a daze and bit her lip. Mentor? MENTOR? She never did anything like that before and she preferred writing herself. Writing was something very personal, her articles had her own personal style. Working with someone else?????

And moreover, that Kim Myungsoo????

"Congrats on your new girlfriend, Myungsoo." Krystal smiled. L nodded, looking a little perturbed about Teacher Jung's decision as well.

Jaekyung couldn't help but think to herself. *He has a girlfriend now? I bet that girl must be superficial or something, only considering his looks. So what if he's jjang? I bet he's a secret nose digger or something.*

The others left the room and only Jaekyung and L were left. L cleared his throat and Jaekyung snapped her gaze towards him.

"Uhm so...you're my mentor." L blinked.

"Hm yeah." Jaekyung muttered. "Well uh, congrats on your new relationship." she dug for something to say.

"Oh yeah." L coughed awkwardly. "Yeah thanks." he suddenly remembered his few articles that he wrote and dug them out. "I uh, wrote some articles. Look at it and gage my writing ability right?" he raised his brows.

Jaekyung looked surprised he even remembered what she said. She took the papers from him and braced herself for ultimate crap.

And it was far from it.

She read the first paragraph and was surprised it was really fluent and well written, and excellent opening paragraph that led into the whole article. He used funny analogies and was proficient in his language.

Jaekyung whipped her head up to look at him in surprise. "Well?" L asked.

Jaekyung cleared . "It's not bad." she admitted. "Your writing is good. Just make sure your new relationship doesn't interfere with your responsibilities here." she hugged her books. "I'll finish up the article and write some comments. Research on the topic and we can write the front page article the next time we meet."

She nodded and quickly excused herself.

L pouted. "It's obviously very good huh, why should she use my relationship status to threaten me huh?" he huffed. "Meanie."