That Smile

The Dull One

A/N: For those asking about chapter 13, I accidentally posted my summary for later chapters. I usually write my summaries here on AFF so it's easier to write next time so sorry for the false update. :D

 

L had been a little too quiet on Monday.

He seemed to be in constant deep thought and kept tapping his chin as he always did when he was thinking. The Infinite boys noticed and they asked him about it.

"Hey what's up?" Hoya asked. "You look a little out of sorts today."

L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "Nothing much. Just thinking."

"About?" Sungyeol asked curiously. He broke into a grin and bumped shoulders with L playfully. "I knew it, you're thinking about me aren't you!" he grinned. "Aww man why think about me when I'm right in front of you huh huh?"

L rolled his eyes and Dongwoo did the great deed by whacking Sungyeol hard on the head. "Please!!!" he scoffed. Dongwoo turned to look at L in interest. "So what were you thinking of?"

Shrugging, L muttered, "Love."

All eyes widened and they gaped at him. "LOVE?" they chorused in unison. Everybody in the hallway at that instant turned to look at the Infinite boys and the fangirls squealed at their adorable oppas. OH KYEOPTA~

L shushed all of them and shot them looks. "What in the world?" he whispered fiercely. "Are you trying to tell the entire world?"

"No." Sungyeol commented. "But because the Kim Myungsoo is talking about love, it's something the entire world should know."

L made a face. "I was just...you know, thinking." he shrugged. "About if I want a girlfriend what kind of girl I want her to be." he muttered. "About what kind of boyfriend I would make. About love in general actually."

"And?" Sunggyu asked, interested. "Any interesting revelations?"

"I realise," L said with a sigh. "I have no idea about love." he muttered. "I have no clue whatsoever about this entire business and how it's like to know if I like someone for real or not, or is it just because this girl looks cute on first glance, I have no idea."

"You're talking about Lee Chaekyung?" Sungjong asked. "You're wondering if you really like her, isn't it, L hyung?"

L nodded.

"Well if you're a tinsy bit interested in her," Hoya reasoned. "That should be enough for you. Feelings can be developed, man. Lee Chaekyung is a girl you DO NOT want to let her slip between your fingers. What if you find that you really do like her and she's already out of your range?"

L bit his lip. He didn't know, he didn't know how he felt about Lee Chaekyung at all. She was pretty, yes. That fact was consistently reminded when guys around her kept looking her way and asking for her number.

But did he like her enough to make her his girlfriend? Did he even like her out of the boundaries of a friend?

"Feelings...can be developed?" L asked unsurely.

"Definitely." Woohyun nodded. "So don't you go rejecting her if you're not sure okay? Because she's coming right here."

All the Infinite boys snapped their heads towards where Woohyun was looking and saw Chaekyung walking towards them with a red red blush on her cheeks, holding a pastel pink card to her chest.

L swallowed. Oh no, did he have to make his decision now? He wasn't sure!

"Erm hi Infinite oppas." Chaekyung smiled shyly. "Can I have a word with L oppa alone?"

Dongwoo wriggled his brows suggestively and Sunggyu grinned. "What is it that you want to tell L that can't be said in front of us oppas huh?" Woohyun teased.

Chaekyung's friends appeared from behind and Yoomi sent her boyfriend a look. "Woohyun oppa, give Chaekyung a break." she shook her head.

"Arraso babe." Woohyun darted over to her immediately. He waved his friends over and the Infinite boys dispersed, leaving L and Chaekyung.

L fidgeted, knowing what was coming next since this happened so many times a week even in the US. The problem was, should he accept her?

Chaekyung was really pretty and cute, and his friends were right. What if he really did like her but he already rejected her? He did have warm feelings towards this girl but was it love?

"L oppa." Chaekyung's cheeks burned. Everyone in the hallway was watching them, guessing the words that were being spoken. "I have something to give you."

She pushed the pastel pink letter to him and he looked at it. It was intricately made, with silver ribbons and pink and white hearts, made delicately and definitely used up a lot of time. "Please accept my love confession, L oppa!" Chaekyung squeaked. "I really like you! Please go out with me!"

L stared at the letter and his lips. Should he....?

He glanced at his friends and saw them making killing actions at their necks, glaring at him as if daring him to reject Chaekyung. They all wanted him to have happiness and at the moment, Chaekyung seemed to be it.

L swallowed and took the letter. "Okay. I'll go out with you."

 

 

 

The news went viral.

L AND CHAEKYUNG WERE DATING!!!!

At once, hundreds of fangirl and fanboy hearts were broken all together. Photos were taken of Chaekyung and L by the locker as she passed him the confession letter. Another photo of Chaekyung flinging her arms around L when he accepted.

These pictures were sent at lightning speed through twitter and me2day and soon the entire school knew about the brand new top couple of the school that had replaced Woohyun and Yoomi.

Everyone was talking about it and even the teachers spread the news around, interested. Mr Kim caught whiff of the news and he rubbed his temples, sighing. "So this is his choice. You should support him." he muttered to himself.

The only person who hadn't known what was happening in the entire school was Lee Jaekyung, ironically, the sister of the girl involved.

Jaekyung didn't care about gossips, she didn't care about social media or whatsoever and no one bothered talking to her, so she hadn't known the big deal that had happened.

She was waiting for the text message from Chaekyung to tell her whether the confession had gone smoothly, clutching the phone tightly in her hands.

The Infinite boys walked into the class and the whispers and chattering by the other students in class heightened as L walked in. They received news that L had gotten a girlfriend and everybody was talking about it.

L sat down, feeling embarrassed. The Infinite boys thumped him on his back and encouraged him. "Good job man! You've got a girl!" Hoya whispered.

L nodded. He stared at his fingers and bit his lip. So....he was someone's boyfriend now.

Why did it feel so strange?

He sighed, massaging his temple. He needed to ask someone about it, and the only eligible person to talk about this was definitely Woohyun.

L turned around to talk to Woohyun who was sitting at the desk behind him when he caught sight of someone in the corner of the room.

Jaekyung had received Chaekyung's message at that instant and she read it eagerly.

To: Jaekyung unnie

UNNIEE!!! HE ACCEPTED!!!! L OPPA IS MY BOYFRIEND NOW!!!! KYAAAA!!!!!!!

From: Chaekyung

A smile broke on Jaekyung's face and she closed her eyes, containing her happiness. She could feel her sister's joy and she felt her own joy emerging from within. If her sister was happy, she would be happier.

L watched her as those pink lips of hers slowly curled up in the most magnificent smile ever and he was momentarily speechless.

He had no thoughts in his mind, everything just blanked. Her dorky unkempt hair, her large glasses, her oversized tee. He somehow didn't manage to take any of that in as he fixed his gaze on her smile.

That smile.

He didn't know why he swallowed.

"Hey dude." Woohyun waved his hands in front of L and the moment passed. L blinked at Woohyun in confusion. "Huh?"

Woohyun flicked L's forehead. "What? Now that you've got a girlfriend you've gone stupid?" he laughed. "Why did you turn around for? Something to ask me?"

L gulped. "I forgot." he turned to the front and stared as the teacher walked in.

What had he wanted to ask Woohyun again?