the truth ✱

purple-eyed girl ✱

 

 

 

the truth

Weeks flied past, full of training. Every morning they'd drive to the training place, train until afternoon and drive back to the house. The rest of the day everyone would be exhausted, and only small chatting sometimes filled the rooms, but most of the time everyone slept.

Heeji knew she wasn't the only one who desperately wanted to know why they were doing this. Although a faint idea had obviously passed everyone's mind, no one dared to say it out loud. To them, that was the worst thing that could happen.

Once again, Heeji was lying on her bed, unable to sleep. Too many thoughts kept her wide awake. She almost made a hole to the ceiling she stared at for good five minutes, until finally snapping out of her weird trance. Recently, the house had been too silent. Almost like everyone were waiting for something, something that wasn't even coming.

Heeji knew all the worries inside this house right now. She knew what the others feared, since she had the exact same feeling.

Only now she realized how scary the silent house was. The house was filled with people, but everyone kept silent.

She was scared of the unknown. They all were, even if they kept silent about it.

A guard knocked on her door, telling her to come downstairs, that the boss had something to say.

Suddenly, Heeji felt nervous, nauseous almost. She stood up slowly and opened her door to be greeted with Hamin's tired face. Heeji knew how tired everyone were and she felt sad.

The sofa felt weird, too comfortable and suddenly Heeji couldn't relax. She stared at the screen like her life would depend on it. Hamin was right next to her, his shoulder touching hers ever so slightly. His eyes were close and gay couple on his other side were tangled into each other, but not smiling.

The room was dead silent, sudden awkwardness between them making it hard for Heeji to move. She could feel how Woojong lightened the atmosphere slightly, sensing everyone's feelings.

Finally, the screen lit and the boss sat there, his usual grin long gone, tired eyes staring right back at Heeji and the others.

"I guess it's time to reveal you the truth. You're not here only because you'd be a danger to the outside world. You've been here long enough for us to see how good people you are", he said surprising everyone with his words. He looked down for a second.

"You just happen to be Earth's only hope", he revealed making me stare right back at him, unable to breath properly.

"An unknown source of life from outer space has sent us messages about an upcoming war, and they're getting closer. They're much more powerful than average humans, but you, you might just win over them", he told making Heeji gasp for air and grab Hamin's hand tightly. Hamin pulled her closer to him, Heeji was unable to notice the action.

"Might?", Jongjin asked breaking the silence inside the house. The boss sighed and gave us a sad smile.

"We don't know much about them, that's why we don't know whether you are weaker or more powerful than them. What we know is that you'd beat a human army easily. You do now realize why we did what we did", he told and suddenly Heeji felt bad for ever thinking they'd do this for their own joy. They wanted to protect the people they loved, even if it meant that they had take the seven away from their loved ones.

"Now that you know about all that, there's one more thing I'd like to ask from you", he said and Heeji let out a small noise indicating that everything was just too overwhelming.

"We have two weeks, and we'd want you to practice those two weeks even harder. For a reward, you'll see your family", he told and Heeji let out a cry as she felt the panic overwhelm her.

She had to fight against things she knew nothing about. She got to see her family, finally. The humanity's faith was on her small shoulders.

What was going on exactly? These damned eyes, right now she wanted to dig them out of her face more than ever.

She was panicking, scared for her life, for all of their lives.

 



this is not longer than the other update (lol)
i'll always try to make them as long as possible, but i guess i'll just udate more often with these kind of chapters.
leave your feedback guise D:

ps. i absolutely love the song

- whaley