:)

The Day We Met

'Amma! I wanna know how you guys met!'

I ruffled the hair of my seventeen-year-old daughter, who had the same beautiful smile with crinkly eyes. Her eyes were curious and her entire demeanor was one of a student asking an important question in class.

Even though I was startled by this question, I did not show it. It's time she knew anyway.

'Okay. Before this, I want to tell you how much we both love each other, and you. We both are the luckiest people in the world.'

FLASHBACk.

'I met Hae at college, during a particlarly boring lecture on law. I remember everything as if it were yesterday. Hae was a very popular guy at college. As you very well know, I was an exchange student from India.I was quite the studious person then.Aunt Taeyeon , who was steadily becoming a great friend, used to tell me to go out once in a while, but I refused all her offers. 

So back to Hae. I met him during a deadly boring lecture on 'The Schools Of Jurisprudence'. It was slowly getting on my nerves, and I was trying to focus my attention on the teacher, but it was gradually slipping away.

'Psst!' I heard someone.

I turned to the side, and found him, blinking at me.

I was a little confused as to what was happening, and blinked back. 

'So you're the exchange student from India?' He said, knowledgeably.

'Yeah.' I whispered.

'How come I've never seen you around?'

'I was-um-studying.' I finished, quite lamely.

'Aaaaaah.' He said it in such an innocent way, that I felt like pulling his cheeks.

I smiled. I didn't know who he was then, but he didn't seem particularly stuck up, so I asked him, 'What's your name?'

'It's Dong Hae. Lee Dong Hae.'

'Dong Hae,' I repeated, warming up to the name.

 

Henceafter, he never left me alone.

 

One day, I was studying in my room, when I suddenly heard a tap on the window. I turned around.

'Hae!' I yelped, petrified.

He gestured to me. 'Open the window!'

I sprang up from my seat and opened the window.

He climbed in, grinning. He was holding a large bag in one hand, and he brandished it in front of me.

'I-I brought some food.' He was panting.

'You're not supposed to be here!' I said, wanting him to stay all the same.

'Pssh, who cares!' He said with a crooked smile, which made my heart go faster than a bullet train.

He sat on the carpeted floor, and took out bags of crisps, ddeokbokki, and chu-chu bars. I began laughing. 

'Mwoya? Come and eat!' He said in a cutely commanding tone.

Suddenly, after I sat down, he gave me a soda can with a note taped on it.

He had attempted to write in Hindi, and his wonky letters were hard to read. And then I figured it out.

'Mai tumse bohot, bohot pyaar karta hun.

Tum mere saath bahar jaogi?'

I laughed at that last sentence. When Hae looked puzzled, I leaned towards him and gave him a big hug.

'Yes, I will.'

Before I pulled out of the hug, he kissed me.'

END OF FLASHBACK

'AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW' My daughter said, with a smile.

'Appa was so cool!'

'Diksha?' I heard a voice call me, which still made my heart flutter.

I saw him standing there, with the snow in his hair, holding a briefcase. I ran up to him, and kissed him on the cheek.

'I love you, sweetie.'

'I love you too!' He said, although with a puzzled expression.