Chapter 18

Mistakenly Born..?

For the next two weeks, Jessica remained exceptionally quiet in class.
Or should we say, everywhere?

Keeping&bottling her hurt feelings up inside her own heart,
not wanting anyone to know about it.
During the last day of lecture before the students travel overseas for their 6 month internship,
the lecturers announced to the students that this internship that they will be attending would determine a lot on their year-end results,
as well as their diploma results they will be receiving at the end of 3 years.
While Jessica was staring at the projector screen aimlessly in the lecture hall,
Taeyeon tilted her head slightly, with her hands covering .

"Pssh.."
"Yul.." whispered Taeyeon softly

"Hmm..?" replied Yuri who turned her head towards Taeyeon
"Whats wrong?"

"Shhhh.."
"Not so loud"

"Oh.." said Yuri as she lowered her volume.
"Why?"

"Are you gonna leave Sica there like that?"
"Sad, depressed&quiet?"
"I dont like our current Sica"
“She turned back to the ice princess" grumbled Taeyeon

"I cant help it.."
"I tried talking to her like usual"
"But she just gave me those 1 word answer.." sighed Yuri, shaking her head.

Taeyeon just shook her head slightly with a soft sigh before returning her attention to the lecturer.

Taeyeon's POV

Sica-ah, maybe you should get over with Yuri..
I know you grew up with her, the love is strong.
But yeah, you're my friend i want the best for you.
I just want you to be happy..

End of Taeyeon's POV

2 weeks later, the whole group of students were all gathered at Singapore Changi Airport,
waiting for departure.
A small group of the class were gathered for US while the rest all gathered for Korea.
Most of Jessica's class haters were also heading towards Korea.
And out of those haters, a few of them were actually going to the same company as Jessica.

Lina's POV

Hmm..
Its finally time for me to..
Jessica..

Just watch out, your attitude never fails to piss me off.
Poor chap.
My dad's so much richer than your family&you're so arrogant despite your poor status?

End of Lina's POV

Jenny's POV

Hehe..
There's gonna be lots of fun with Lina&Tasmin in Korea..
They will definitely be trolling&making drama for Jessica..
But well, she deserved it.
Who's to blame when someone's not rich still can have that kind of attitude.

End of Jenny's POV

Tasmin's POV

WAHAHAHA.
Cant wait for the internship in Korea to start!

Jessica, watch out!
Hate you for your arrogant attitude, your poverty.
er!

End of Tasmin's POV

The trio were all giggling to themselves at their thoughts while the rest of the students,
including Taeyeon, Yuri&Jessica were gathered there, talking away while Jessica just stood with Taeyeon&Yuri in silence.
Soon, the three of them boarded the plane, seated in the middle column.
Upon settling down, Jessica immediately plugged into her earphones&closed her eyes,
enjoying the music.
Taeyeon, on the other hand was busy tapping away.
Obviously texting Tiffany since she's leaving her for quite some.

"Taetae?" called Jessica suddenly as she removed her earphones, eyes wide staring at Taeyeon in disbelief.

"Whats with that look?"

"The world's changing~"
"Why on earth did you change your phone case into pink?"

"Your bags etc?" exasperated Jessica as she face-palmed herself at the semi-pinky

Yuri, on the other side was smiling silently at Jessica&Taeyeon.
She was that at least, Jessica's still good with Taeyeon, only that she doesnt talk much.

"I cant help it"
"Tiff was pouting all the way when i said i dont want her pink bags" shrugged Taeyeon

"The world is falling apart~" chimed Jessica as she put her earphones back&closed her eyes.

Yuri's POV

Sica, im really sorry for hurting you.
Times after times, over&over again..
I dont know when will i get to know or understand my real feelings inside me..

Please, Sica, stop liking me
Stay happy, wont you?
Its killing me seeing you like this, keeping everything inside you.
I dont mind you venting all your frustrations at me..
Why dont you..

End of Yuri's POV

Yuri let out a soft sigh as she closed her eyes, leaning back against her seat.
6.5 hours later, the plane had finally landed in Korea.
The girls' home country, their familiar land, languages&faces.
Stepping out of the airport together with the rest of the interns, Jessica let out a little sigh of worry&sadness.

Jessica's POV

Sigh..
Im back here again..
I just felt like i dont belong anywhere..
Yuri doesnt like me at all..

Why cant she like me back after all that i've done for her..?
Am i really that unwanted..?
By right, i should be happy when im back in my own country..

But i just felt like..
Aish..
My family also aint gonna care much about me anymore..
Whats the point..?
I'll be better off dead right..?

End of Jessica's POV

"Hey Sica" called Taeyeon as she waved her hand in front of Jessica's face furiously

Jessica shook her head slightly.

"Err.. oh yeah?" asked Jessica as she blinked her emotionless eyes a few times.

"Oh, just wanna tell you its time to go" smiled Taeyeon sweetly as she hooked her arms onto Jessica's as she dragged her out of the airport,following the interns at the back.

Walking quietly behind was Yuri.
Being back in the familiar country again, Yuri was having mixed feelings.

Yuri's POV

Korea..
Close yet far..
Im back here..
Will there be any break throughs here..?
Or am i still gonna stay like such a coward..
Cant, not willing or dont dare to face up to my feelings..?
YoonA or Sica..?

End of Yuri's POV

As soon as they left the airport, everyone was dispatched back to their own dorms that were rented for them by the school for their internship.
Whilst for Jessica, Taeyeon&Yuri, they opted out.
Since they are Koreans, obviously they'll be living back home, their comfortable home.
But for Jessica, its just gonna seem like a place for her to rest&bathe only.
While Jessica, Taeyeon&Yuri was on their way home from the airport,
Jessica suddenly received a call from her house number.

Jessica's POV

Weird..
Who would call me at such timing..?

Omma had never called me anymore ever since i went back to Singapore neither does she call with the house phone..

End of Jessica's POV

*PHONE CALL*

"Yoboseyo" answered Jessica politely

"Anyeonghaeseyo Jessica-sshi"

"Ahjumma?"

"Why did you call me?" asked Jessica with a puzzled look which gained the attention of both Yuri&Taeyeon.

"Jessica-sshi!"
"This is an emergency!!" said the ahjumma panickly
"The hospital just called home&said Mr, Mrs Jung & Krystal had gotten into a pretty serious accident"
"But could you kindly come back to Korea now?"

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Jessica in shock with mouth wide open but regained her composure seconds later.
"I'll be going now, thank you ahjumma"

*END OF PHONE CALL*

"What happened Sica?" asked Yuri suddenly after observing Jessica's body language when she was on the phone.

"Yeah whats with that expression?" added Taeyeon

"Taetae, could you please kindly drop me off at Seoul National University Hospital instead of Yuri's house?" asked Jessica suddenly as she quickly packed her stuff.
"Of course, but why?" asked Taeyeon as she motioned her driver to drop Jessica off at the desired destination.

"I'll fill you in later but can you please be quick?" said Jessica, eyes a little red.

"Okay okay sure" replied Taeyeon with a shrugged as she instructed the chaffeur to speed up.

Taeyeon's POV

I wonder whats wrong with Sica..
Hope nothing's wrong for her nor her family or anything or anyone that means a lot to her..

End of Taeyeon's POV

Yuri, on the other hand was also curious to know what was going on.
But looking at Jessica with a worried expression, staring through the car's window made Yuri more worried for Jessica.

Yuri's POV

What happened to Jessica?
Whats with that phone call?

End of Yuri's POV

15 minutes, Jessica had finally arrived at the hospital.
Without wasting any second, she just sprinted out of the car despite the fact that she might get an asthma attack.
Running towards to the A&E department's information counter, Jessica held in her asthma attack as she asked for the whereabouts of her family member.

"Excuse me"
"May I know where is the 3 who just got into the hospital for a serious traffic accident?" asked Jessica with a worried expression.

"Oh.."

"Give me a minute" replied the nurse as she started pressing on her keyboards before turning back to her.
"They are in ward XXX"
"A VIP ward" added the nurse

"Then how are their conditions?" asked Jessica

"Oh, the two adults are still quite stable"
"But Krystal Jung, i heard from the doctor that she had injured her kidney" said the nurse
"But you need to get more information from the doctor"

"Okay can thanks a lot" replied Jessica as she quickly rushed off to the ward.

After reaching the ward, Jessica started fumbling her bag for her inhaler as she started gasping for air.
Few minutes later after taking a few puffs from her inhaler, her condition had calmed down.
But, standing in the ward, watching the three unconscious figures lying on the three different beds.
While tears slowly fell down her eyes&cheeks after her eyes turned red.
Tears filled with worries&sadness were flowing out of her eyes nonstop.
After standing there for sometime, Jessica wiped off her tears&went towards the doctor's office.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Anyeonghaeseyo" greeted Jessica as she walked into the doctor's office politely

"Oh, anyeonghaeseyo"
"May I know who are you..?"

"Im Mr&Mrs Jung's daughter"
"As well as Krystal Jung's unnie" replied Jessica
"I came here to ask about their conditions"

"Sure, take a seat" offered the doctor
"Im Dr.Lee"
"And regarding their conditions, it is like this"
"Mr&Mrs Jung, they are basically fine except for a few abrasions&cuts here&there"
"So they can probably be discharged tomorrow evening"

"As for your dongsaeng Krystal, im sorry to say that the accident"
"Her kidney was injured during the accident.."
"Which..."

"Which?" asked Jessica immediately, worried at her young dongsaeng of whats gonna become.

"Im really sorry to say that Ms Jung.."
"But, Krystal-sshi because her kidney was injured badly"
"It had stopped working.." sighed Dr.Lee as he shook his head slightly

"Which means..?"
"Dialysis..?"

"Yes, im afraid so Ms Jung"
"Unless we can find her a donor" replied Dr.Lee sadly
"Im sorry we cant do much about it"

"Then does my parents know about this..?" asked Jessica as she tried to hold in her tears.

"I've yet to tell them about this since they have yet woken up after being sent in" said Dr.Lee
"But dont worry about this first Ms Jung"
"Im sure there will be a donor soon" smiled Dr.Lee as he landed Jessica an encouraging pat on her back.

"I hope so.."
"Thanks Dr.Lee"
"Guess i'll go back to the ward incase my parents wakes up" said Jessica as she bowed to Dr.Lee

"Oh yes of course"
"They'll be waking up soon" grinned Dr.Lee
"Krystal-sshi will get better, dont worry"

With that, Jessica once bowed to Dr.Lee before exiting his office&back to the VIP ward.
Heading back to the ward with a heavy heart, Jessica didnt know how to break this news to them.
Sitting down beside Krystal's bed, Jessica felt her heartached for Krystal.
Although its not her biological sister, but Jessica still felt the heartache for her.
Watched dramas with actors/actresses with kidney problems went through dialysis looked extremely painful.
How can Krystal take it at such young age of 13.
Suddenly, Mr Jung started to stir from his sleep.
Beside him, was Mrs Jung who had also started to wake up.
Slowly opening their eyes, they saw Jessica sitting by Krystal's side,
looking aimlessly with a pair of disappointed eyes.

"Sweetie..?" called Mrs Jung as she slowly sat up on her bed.

"Omma?" called Jessica as she rushed over to her side worriedly.
"How are you feeling now?"
"Are you in any pain?" asked Jessica

"Hey Jessi"
"Dont worry, we're fine" smiled Mr Jung weakly
"How is Krystal?"

"Thats right, we're fine" added Mrs Jung

Jessica's POV

Once again, my feelings has been confirmed.
Seeing me here, your first question was about Krystal..
I get it appa..

End of Jessica's POV

"About Krystal.." said Jessica as she looked down on her feets.
"Her condition aint that good.."

"What do you mean by that?" asked Mrs Jung worriedly

"The accident.."
"Something pierce through her kidney&was severely injured.."
"Her kidney has been damaged badly&failed to function.."
"Which means.."

"Which means?!" asked Mrs Jung with her voice slightly louder

"Calm down dear.." comforted Mr Jung as he got off his bed&sat beside Mrs Jung's.
"Please continue Jessi" said Mr Jung as he forced a weak smile, preparing himself for the worst to come.

"Dr.Lee said Krystal's kidney has failed to function"
"So she needs to go through dialysis 3 times weekly" said Jessica sadly

"What?!" exclaimed Mrs Jung in shock
"Its all your fault!" blamed Mrs Jung as she turned to Mr Jung&started hitting him in his chest.
"Why!"
"Why did you offer to drive?!"
"Why didnt you let the chaffeur to bring us around!" cried Mrs Jung bitterly.

Whilst for Mr Jung, he just sat there quietly tearing up,
letting Mrs Jung venting her anger&frustrations on him.

"Omma, calm down"
"You shouldnt be exerting so much energy after getting hurt" persuaded Jessica as she tried to stop Mrs Jung but got pushed away by Mrs Jung violently, which made Jessica fall onto the ground with a loud thud&a slight wince.

Jessica just slowly got up while holding onto her right wrist in pain as she walked over to Mr&Mrs Jung.

"Omma, appa dont want this to happen too"
"Its not like anyone want this to happen"
"And appa, dont be like this.."
"You need more rest, why not you just go back to your bed..?" offered Jessica as she helped Mr Jung back to his bed leaving Mrs Jung there crying her eyes out.
"I wonder if it were me, what would be your reactions.." whispered Jessica softly to herself.
"Omma, Dr.Lee says as long as there is a donor, Krystal would be fine"
"So dont worry so much okay?" comforted Jessica as she placed her right hand on Mrs Jung's shoulders but was flung away by Mrs Jung which made Jessica yelp in pain.

"How can i not worry?!"
"She's your sister!" exploded Mrs Jung in tears
"I know she's not your biological sister but she's our family member!"
"I dont know how could you be so nonchalent about this!" scolded Mrs Jung angrily

Jessica's POV

Im worried too..
But how can i show my side of worry when the two of you are like this..?
Sigh..

End of Jessica's POV

*TEXT*

To; Sica
Sica, i know you probably might not wanna talk to me since that incident.
But im worried for you, if you're willing, can you please tell me what happened
From; Yuri

To; Sica
Sica, so what happened?
Its been hours since i've dropped you off at the hospital.
Please do tell me or Yul, we're worried for you.
From; Taetae

To; Yuri/Taetae
My family met with a serious accident.
But surprisingly my parents were alright except for Krystal..
From; Sica

To; Sica
What?!
I'll be coming over right now.
Wait for me.
From; Yuri

To; Sica
Do you need me to come over?
From; Taetae

To; Taetae
Its alright Taetae.
I'll be fine.
From; Sica

*END OF TEXT*

Half and hour later, Yuri reached the ward with Jessica sitting there,
watching the three aimlessly with tears falling off her face.
At that time, Yuri wished so much to hug Jessica¬ say anything but just comfort her with a hug.

"Sica.." called Yuri softly as she sat beside Jessica.
"Its alright, they are fine right?" said Yuri as she patted Jessica's head.

But without any words, Jessica just turned towards Yuri&hugged her.
Not saying a single word but just tears falling down like a river.

"Sica..?"

"No.. wait Yul.."
"Just let me.. stay in this position.."
"For now.."
"Just take it.. as you're.. pitying me.. or anything.." said Jessica in between sobs.

"Hey take it easy Sica.."

"Tell me when you feel like it okay?" offered Yuri kindly as she placed her hands on Jessica's back, giving her a comforting pat.

Around 5 minutes later, Jessica got off from the position,
wiped off her tears&look into Yuri's worried face.

"Im sorry Yul"
"I know you dont like me, i wont do this again" apologised Jessica sadly
"I was just.." sighed Jessica
"Aish, nevermind about it"

"Hey its okay Sica"
"Im your best friend, remember?" smiled Yuri assuringly
"Now are you ready to tell me what happened?"

"It was like my dad was driving them to somewhere&met with an accident.."
"Then something pierced through Krystal's kidney which damaged it badly, causing it to fail"
"Which is to say it cant function anymore"
"She has to go through dialysis like 3 times a week"
"The doctor told me that.."

"What?!"
"It got that serious..?"

"Yeah.."
"Because of this, omma&appa had a quarrel just now.."
"I went to stop them&omma pushed me off.." said Jessica sadly as a tear landed on her lap.

"Did you get hurt?!" asked Yuri worriedly as she tried to observe Jessica for any injuries but was stopped by Jessica.

"Its okay Yul.."
"You dont have to be so worried about me" lied Jessica as if she doesnt care about it.

"How can i not be?!"
"You're my best friend, for gods sake!" exasperated Yuri as she face-palmed herself.

"Thats why i dont want it.."
"I dont want it Yul.."
"Im really hurt.. i dont want anymore concern from you.."
"Im sinking in so much deeper.."
"Im sorry to say this, i love you, really really love.."
"But if you really treat me as a best friend, at least help me feel better by not coming so close to me.."
"Its giving me false hope Yul.." said Jessica sadly as she massaged her red swollen wrist.

"But Sica.." said Yuri but stopped as she saw Jessica's red&swollen wrist.
"Whats happened?!" exclaimed Yuri as she brought up Jessica's wrist suddenly which made her wince in pain.

"Its nothing" lied Jessica as she took her hands away from Yuri's.
"Like i said, dont Yul.."
"Take it as im pleading you.."
"Go back with YoonA okay?"
"Im sure you'll be better off with YoonA than me.." said Jessica coldly

"Sica, if you're sure you want to push me off like this"
"You'll get it" said Yuri firmly with a slight sense of anger in her tone.
"You better not regret it!" added Yuri angrily as she stormed out of the room.

"Im sorry Yul.."
"But i really cant help it.."
"My love for you is too deep that i dont know how to bring myself out of it.." muttered Jessica sadly.

Yuri's POV

Why did Sica always do this?
I didnt ask her to love me!
I just wanna care for her!
Why didnt she let me to&instead asked me to go with YoonA!
If thats what she want, she'll get it!
Hmph!

End of Yuri's POV

With that, Yuri stormed out of the hospital.
On the way out, she fished her phone out of her pocket&started tapping a few times before placing it on her ears.

*PHONE CALL*

"YoonA-ah, are you free today?"
"Can we meet up?" asked Yuri directly

"Yuri!!" called YoonA sweetly

"Of course i can!"
"I missed you so much!"
"Where do you wanna meet?"

"The same old place" smirked Yuri evilly
"I'll see you there, missed you too"

"Alright!"
"Will be there in 30 minutes!" replied YoonA happily.

*END OF PHONE CALL*

After ending the call, Yuri had an evil grin on her face before moving off to the said destination to meet YoonA.
While on the other hand, YoonA was really happy to receive Yuri's phone call.
Apparently, YoonA stayed close with Yuri for a reason that has yet to be released.
Yuri who dumbly thought that YoonA loved her wholeheartedly was wrong since the start.
Thats just plain fate thats doing all the mischief, no one could be blame.