She's doing WHAT now?!

♥ S P I C A ★ The Brightest Stars

Breathing in the fresh air, Marie smiled. Finally she was out of the hospital. Really, there was no reason for her to stay in the hospital anymore. She had amnesia and a few minor injuries, but nothing bad enough for hospitalization. Still, her company had made her stay overnight just to be safe, and she was glad to finally be free.

 

Marie hated hospitals. Although, there probably aren't many people who actually like hospitals. Marie felt a lot better after talking to Key. At least she had told someone her true feelings, that was all that mattered. Marie knew what she had to do, and she was now determined to go through with it.

 

Quickly Marie hailed a taxi and hopped in, giving the driver her destination. She arrived a lot faster than she expected. Maybe it was because she was nervous? Marie gazed up at the looming building in front of her. This was it, there was no backing down now. Even if it was hard, it was something she needed to do.

 

Marie marched through the halls, into the elevator, and up to her boss's door with determination and purpose. Unfortunately, that was as far as her determination and purpose could take her. She now stood petrified in front of the door. Marie took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,” the voice on the other side commanded. Never in her life had Marie been more nervous. She wasn't good with handling aggressive people. Hiro looked up as the door opened and Marie shuffled into the room. He could tell she was nervous but she had a certain fire in her eyes that he had never seen before. It intrigued him.

 

He raised an eyebrow as he observed her, “What can I do for you?”

 

“I've made my decision.”

 

--

 

Five girls sat nervously in front of Hiro. Oh how he loved to watch them squirm. It was always a source of amusement for him. He looked each girl in the eye, before his eyes finally landed on Wren. He smirked, the only girl who never showed any signs of nervousness in front of him. The exact reason why he favoured her.

 

Elisabeth glanced around the room, studying everyone's faces. She had always been excellent at reading people, something that came in handy in many situations. Especially being in the entertainment business. She knew everyone was nervous, aside from Wren who was more curious than nervous. They had no idea why they were there. Everyone had woken up at their normal time and went to practice only to find a representative waiting there for them. They were then informed that Hiro had requested to see them.

 

Elisabeth looked at the whole thing as she would a mystery novel. Something was suspicious here. They had talked to Hiro just yesterday and he had said they would give them time to think. Surely, he didn't expect them to have made their decision already? No, definitely not. That was out of the question. Which means that this meeting was about something else entirely. What could it be? No matter how hard she thought about it, she just couldn't figure it out. So, she decided it was better to just give up and wait for Hiro to explain it himself.

 

“So I know I said that it was up to you guys to decide what you wanted to do about your debut, but that was honestly just a test. My plan was that anyone who would rather throw away their future for Marie would be removed from Spica. And anyone who chose to debut without her, would be allowed to stay. I was testing your mental strength, determination, and dedication to your dream.”

 

Everyone was shocked. How could he have used them like that? That's taking it too far. He would use their friends hospitalization to test their strength and determination? What kind of person would do such a thing? Clearly, he wasn't human. Wren on the other hand had already predicted this. She knew his plan all along. Wren knew how Hiro's mind worked which is why she had tried to convince the others to see it her way. Not because she was worried for their future, but because she was worried about hers.

 

If all the other girls had chosen to save Marie it would have meant the end of Spica. Sure, Wren could always go solo, but it certainly wouldn't be anytime soon. They were already publicized as a group. It was one thing to remove a few members, but if there was only one left it clearly wouldn't work. Yes, Wren had thought everything through.

 

No one spoke. Even Nadia was too stunned for words. Everyone sat in silence.

 

“If that was your plan, why are you telling us now? We haven't made our decision yet,” Emi was the first to gain her composure, voicing the question running through everyone's head. Why did he admit it before the decision had been made? Now his experiment wouldn't work.

 

Hiro chuckled, “You may not have made a decision, but a decision has been made none the less.” “What are you talking about? I thought it was up to us! How could you make a decision on your own?!” Nadia burst. Hiro laughed again, which only made Nadia even more angry. “A decision has been made, but not by me.” Ji Yeon stared at the man skeptically, he was speaking in riddles.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Joo Li questioned. “Marie has quit,” Hiro stated with a smile. Everyone exchanged panicked glances. Had Marie really quit? Why would she do something like that? When they had talked to her last night she was fine. Emi had convinced her to wait it out, hadn't she?

 

Emi placed her head in her hands and sighed. She knew there was something up with Marie. If only she had been able to read her, if only she had caught on to what she was planning. Nadia glared down at the ground in fury. How could this happen? Why was this happening? How could they LET this happen?

 

“AND YOU JUST LET HER LEAVE?” Nadia shouted incredulously. “Now, now, no need to get so worked up. I didn't just agree and send her on her way. I tried to talk to her, but she was very determined. Honesty, that's the first time I've ever seen her determined to do anything. She had a certain fire in her eyes. It was very intriguing really. Who would have thought innocent Marie had that sort of side to her?” Hiro glanced into the distance as if pondering Marie's true thoughts.

 

Nadia stood up about to argue when Hiro raised his hand at her. “Now, wait a moment. Before you try to argue further, I suggest you hurry home.” Wren raised an eyebrow, “Why?” “Well, you might not want to, but the others should. I just talked to Marie before you got here and she was on her way to the house to pack up her things.” Nadia's eyes widened to the size of saucers. She's doing WHAT now?!

 

“Yes, so rather than argue with me about it, it would probably be much more productive for you to go there and ask her yourself. But I would hurry, she should be finished any minute now,” Hiro smiled charmingly at them. All five girls jumped out of their chairs and raced out of the building. Wren stayed seated. She eyed Hiro curiously, something was off. She thought about pressing the subject but changed her mind when Hiro turned his gaze to her. It didn't really matter. Their debut was no longer in jeopardy, and that is all that mattered to Wren.

 

She stood up, bowed, and began walking towards to door. “Wren,” she stopped upon hearing her name and turned around. “Yes?” “I need your help with a special project of mine.” Wren was intrigued, “What kind of project?” “One that has to do with the future of Spica. Are you willing to lend me a hand?”

 

Wren thought for a minute. Smirking, she sat back down, “Oh but of course.”

 

--

 

The girls were in a race against time. If Marie left like this there was no way for them to contact her. None of the girls had cellphones, as was normal for a group just about to debut, and none of them knew where Marie had stayed before moving in with them. They would completely lose touch with her.

 

Joo Li was the first to reach the front door, she fiddled with the lock, and burst through the door. The others were close to follow. “I don't see her!” Joo Li cried. “Check the bedroom!” Ji Yeon shouted. Joo Li ran into the room she shared with Marie and nearly collapsed when she realized she wasn't there. Was this really the end of their friendship? Were they ever going to see Marie again?

 

She collapsed onto Marie's bed and hugged her knees to her chest, burying her eyes in her knees. The others walked into the room feeling defeated. They really were too late.

 

“You don't think she really quit do you?” Elisabeth asked quietly. Emi sighed, “It looks like it. All her stuff is gone.” The girls sat in silence, trying to process what was happening. Ji Yeon looked around the room sadly, it looked so empty without Marie's things. She walked over to the vanity which used to be covered with Marie and Joo Li's cosmetics. Now only half of it was covered.

 

“Oh?” Ji Yeon spotted something, a piece of paper sitting on the vanity. She picked it up and gasped. It was a letter from Marie. “Guys, look! Marie left us a letter.” Nadia rushed over and snatched the letter out of her hands. She had just begun to scan over the contents when Joo Li smacked her arm. “At least read it out loud!”

 

Nadia sighed in annoyance, but obeyed anyways.

 

“Hi unnies, Nadia.

 

You guys must be pretty mad at me right? I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you guys in person. I'm also sorry I didn't discuss this with you guys beforehand. But I know you guys, you are far too kind and you would have put me before yourselves. I couldn't let you do that.

 

I know that you guys wanted us to be together, and I did too. But it's just not possible. If I had to choose between there being no Spica at all, or there being a Spica without me, I would immediately choose the latter. Which is why I have decided to quit. You guys have worked way too hard and are far too talented to let it all go to waste because of me.

 

I need you guys to stay strong for me. Prove to the world that you can do this. Show them what you've got. We were going to change the K-Pop world, remember? You guys can still do that without me. I'll be watching you every step of the way. So make me proud, don't let me down.

 

You guys need to live out my dream for me. Show Hiro you are just as good as Wren, if not better. Practice harder and longer without complaints. I want to see you give everything you have onstage. Only once you have succeeded will I be able to have peace of mind. Everything will be worth it as long as you achieve our dream. Once you succeed I will come and find you. For now, don't worry about me, just focus on your debut.

 

I love you guys more than anything in this world and I will be cheering you on from the shadows!

 

Spica HWAITING!

 

All my love,

Marie

 

P.S. Try to get along with Wren-unnie. She's not as bad as you think she is. Nadia. Be nice.”

 

There was not a dry eye in sight.

___


___

Well I WAS going to wait til you all commented.. but I have a very rare disease where I cannot wait to post things the second I write them. Yeaaaaaah. Basically I'm impatient.

BUT. The other two chapters I have written will not be posted until at least three of you comment. That's half of you, so I think that's pretty lenient of me.

I.. have nothing else interesting to say.

QUESTION TIME: What's your favourite Asian drama? Like, number one drama of all time.

Listening to: Wherever You Go - Ida Maria
Eating: Chocolate chips, blackberries and diet pepsi
Thinking about: .. God I want a boyfriend. -is lonely-