he dreams her dead

Foreboding

 

“Joon, did you peel off some fruit or something?” Onew had asked the following day.

“No, don’t you remember you left it there?”

It wasn’t chilly but Onew could fill a cold gust of wind blew. “Uhh… oh yeah, sorry. Must be the stress.” He says offhandedly or he tries to be. Joon could see something was wrong, terribly wrong. But indifferent as he was, he shrugged it off and minded his own business.

 

 

 

 

“Onew, are you okay?” Yeeun asked, they were on their brunch date.

“Y-yes.” Onew stuttered and accidentally spilled a few milk for his coffee instead. Yeeun laughed.

“Seriously Onew, we’ve been going out for two months now and you’re still so adorkably cute.”

“Sorry, it’s just… you’re too pretty. Maybe –”

Yeeun holds up a hand before he could finish. “I’m not really complaining okay, I just want you to relax when you’re with me. I like you, so I don’t want you to feel awkward with me.” She somehow pouted.

Onew took a deep breath. “I can do this!”

Yeeun smiled sweetly before taking a sip from her coffee. She noticed how Onew was a bit somewhere in the middle of telling her something or motioning her to do something.

 

 

 

“You gave her that cheesy cream-on-the-lip-kiss?!” Joon exclaimed as soon as Onew told him what happened. They were at the laundry, doing their own laundry. Fortunately there wasn’t really anyone. Well, who would do their chore early in a Sunday morning when they could just sleep the whole day?

“It’s not cheesy!”

“Of course it is,” exasperated Joon.

Onew juts his lower lip, “Well, I can’t help it, I just want to kiss her and what’s so bad about that? She’s my girlfriend.”

Joon shrugs his shoulders, “Nothing.” And he takes his things from the dryer. “You haven’t been having those weird dreams lately?”

And hearing it, made Onew tense a little. “No, why do you ask?”

“Well, you haven’t been disturbing my sleep.” Onew nodded. “Yeeun must’ve done well for you.” And Onew smiled widely.

 

 

 

*~*~*

 

The dreams ultimately had come to a stop. And Onew was all the more thankful. But someone wasn’t too happy about it. Gay as it may sound, but Joon felt neglected. Though he has his own group of friends, Onew, was of course his best friend, his brother, his other half – as some would say – you know, like two peas in a pod. And with Yeeun slowly getting a comfortable spot in the picture, apparently Onew couldn’t multi-task – being a good boyfriend to Yeeun and a best friend to Joon.

 

It wasn’t doing anything good for him, for Onew or for anyone else for that matter. 

 

 

“Joon,” Onew called. Joon had come late from some clubbing downtown. Onew had to literally open up the windows for the smell of alcohol and smoke and probably puke off the room and hopefully won’t stick on the walls.

“’Ssup,” Joon said in a slur as he gave Onew a wobbly salute.

“Everything okay, anything you want to talk about?”

Joon’s face scrunched up. “No, why would there be?” and he fell on his bed.

“Well, you’ve been out a lot lately,” Onew stated worriedly.

“I’m fine. How about you? Do you want something? Don’t lie I can sense it.”

 

Onew was a bit uneasy. He sat down and bit his lower lip before saying with his eyes close, “I’m fine now, Joon. I think it’s time that we go our separate ways.”

“What?” Joon asked. Well no words could come out from that surprised mouth of his. Those words were like the best cure for any hang over at the moment cause to Joon, everything suddenly stopped spinning.

 

“It must’ve been difficult watching out for me. So maybe this is finally the chance that we can have a breather.” Joon could see that it was difficult for Onew to say that but he didn’t look sad and heartbroken like he was. No, it was all too clear that Onew didn’t need him anymore he was just being kind and worried of what he might think. 

 

 

 

… I woke up holding my dream, the world in front of my eyes becomes blurry
The memories with you are running away, happiness left as well…

 

, Onew. Don’t make me make you remember why you needed me in the first place Joon thought.

“Joon?” Onew was getting more worried and Joon knew he was going to take back whatever he had said, but it was useless. You need two people to dance the tango, sadly Onew didn’t chose him.

 

 

… I come holding my loneliness, will you hear my heartbreak? …

 

 

Joon chuckles more to himself, as he rakes a hand through his hair. What a perfect timing for remembering a hurtful song. But Joon had other thoughts. No, he wasn’t leaving silently. He didn’t like the fact that it was only him hurting. That wouldn’t be fair. Because everything should be fair.

 

 

 

*~*~*

 

She was late, she was going to get reprimanded for hours on again other than already having failed the most important exam of the semester.  Typical, she thought.

 

“Excuse me,” someone said the person tapped onto her shoulder lightly.

“Yes?” she said after turning towards the person.

“Are you Yeeun?” she had nodded and within an instant she felt every nerve of her body made an involuntary jolt, as stabbing, excruciating pain electrified just below her chest . She gaped in agonizing silence as she tried to clasped and search for support.

 

“Goodbye.” The person had said before she could feel herself falling against gravel.

 

 

Oh how she wished he could’ve just stabbed her heart instead or just put a bullet through her head that would be less painful.  How she wished she wasn’t a medicine student, then she would actually be lying there in her own pool of blood hoping she’d still live and not just wait for her impending doom helplessly. 

 

“Why… O… new?” she muttered. 

 

 


 

ohmyfudgyglob~! i have no idea where this is going. or i thought i did and it went all over the place... anyway. the next coming up soon. and it might as well be very short. coz i'm almost at the limit XD