Language of Flowers | Review Pick-Up for Alluring

「 Crayon ✯ 」requestshop ✯ open&hiring;

 

 

Title: 10/10

I absolutely love your title. It's so creative, and to be honest it really get's me guessing and wondering what the story's about! That's exactly what you want in a title

 

Graphics: 9/10

Nice graphics, very sweet, matches the story well. The background is also matching, so that's good. It's a little bit blurry, but I guess that's the style of the poster? I don't know, but it was nice anyways. Maybe less purple next time, though. Lol. Luhan's face is huge in this, jussayin.

 

Description and Forward: 15/15

In the description, I saw no grammar mistakes, no spelling mistakes, and overall very good writing. It really gives a good idea of what I'm about to read, without giving too much away. It was very clever of you to use the same conclusion sentence to both paragraphs like that, very very clever. It fit nicely. 

The foreword was lovely. I enjoyed every second of reading it. All the flower references, the way Luhan referred to Jieun as a flower.. It all fit together really nicely. I could really see that whole scene go down in my head, and I'm smiling like an idiot right now at the cuteness and sweetness of it all. You stuck with past tense, which is good because sometimes I see writers accidentally switching between past and present tense, which really bothers me, so thankfully you didn't. 

Pretty perfect, if you ask me.

 

Characterization: 10/10

During the beginning, you stuck to each character's basic personality traits, which is good. However you also added in some dimension to the characters, which is GREAT.

I was confused a bit towards the end, how when Jieun came back she was all of a sudden less shy, but when I read it over it makes sense, so no points off for that.

 

Plot: 10/10

Very unique. I don't believe I've ever read a story like this before, and I've never read a fanfiction so focused on flowers!

 

Flow: 9/10

It did skip around quite a bit in my opinion, but it flowed nicely so I won't take off too much for that.

 

Grammar and Spelling: 23/25

Overall very good, but since I'm sensitive to this kind of stuff I'll just point out a few mistakes

-"His hands told of the same, layer of sweat that broke out." I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm guessing that whatever you meant to say didn't require that comma. It kind of threw me off. Without the comma, I get it.

-"by giving out a bright-red rose..." There's no need for the hyphen there. 'bright red rose' itself is fine.

-"newly-built tension" Again, no need for the hyphen. I notice that you do this a lot in your writing. It's not always necessary. 

-"kind-of" Same.

 

Bonus: 10/10

I absolutely loved this story! I enjoyed every minute of reading it. You obviously know a lot about flowers, and I loved the way you played it into this story so much. You almost made me cry with those last two lines, my god. Luhan... I just.. don't die ; n ; 

 

Comments: You, my friend, are a VERY good writer. Your writing is powerful, yet subtle and delicate, yet so wonderful I just can't explain it. You made me feel MANY emotions in your 8-chapter fanfiction. Kudos to you, for making me actually feel something in fanfiction. That hardly ever happens.

 

 

Score: 96/100

A