drive us crazy

little things
 
little things                      
(drive us crazy)                               
 
 
 
            the entire sixth floor rubs their temples when the wailing noises of 612 rattle the apartment building's walls. it's never a dull morning.
             
            "noooo," luhan shrieks and sobs in despair at the regurgitated mush, "you demon child! my favorite shoes, you–they're ruined!" he throws approximately three fits and one breakdown.
             
            minseok hurriedly snatches the little boy from the floor and retreats away, covering tiny ears from the obscenities unrestrictedly flying from luhan's mouth. he frowns when he meets taozi's wide and watery, threatening-to-tear-up-any-moment-now eyes. in fact, his own eyes mirror that manner in sympathy, so he sniffles gently and pats the boy's back.
             
            "shhh, luhan–you'll wake the neighbors!" he hisses across the room while luhan regresses to the fetal position rocking himself back and forth.
             
            luhan responds by momentarily releasing all his energy into a high pitched, "i hate everything!" and more wall-thrashing sobs.
             
            wow, minseok thinks. ever since taozi came into the picture, luhan seems to have adopted the mannerisms of a spoiled five-year old. one with advanced mental breakdown tendencies and emotional distress problems. at least he used to act like a dignified teenager before. what pulled the trigger?
             
            "baby taozi, say sorry to uncle lu?" after he's let down, he hesitantly steps closer with minseok urging him from behind. shy on words, taozi pats on luhan's arm the way minseok does to get his attention. luhan acknowledges the less than delicate taps and silent repentance as an apology.
             
            luhan glances at the shoes one more time and sighs, the memories awash in flood rains and midnight murmurs now circling around a drain. they were his favorite for a reason. the incident serves as a sign of impending doom, but he shakes it off and ruffles taozi's sleek black hair. "it's okay," he resigns (his dignity shattering in the background) and takes the other proffered hand to pull himself up, dusting off his clothes and slipping on his not favorite oxfords. "yeah okay i'm going now," he kisses minseok on the forehead before taking his lips. taozi makes grabby hands at the scene. "i'll see you tonight, minseokie!"
             
            minseok blinks at the sudden change, and luhan pops back in for another kiss before scrambling off to work, squealing on his way down the halls to the elevator and ruining the entire sixth floor's morning for the second time today.
             
--
             
            minseok takes a glance at the dirtied shoes and uncertainty tugs the corner of his lips. he doesn't remember seeing them before, but entertains vague familiarity. besides the obvious curdled damage splat across the toes, they're overall fairly worn and torn, crackling slightly even, with random scuffs all over. they're repulsive compared the the rest of luhan's available collection. it makes no sense to minseok why those would be held in such high regards.
             
            it's not until after taozi's off to his playdate with sehuna at 617 that he remembers.
             
--
             
            being a teacher has its pros. the lifestyle is repetitive but more than that, he likes surrounding himself in fresh faces and the idea of a never-ending classroom. it reminds him to never stop trying.
             
            its cons come in the form of a needy roommate turned boyfriend at 10pm and his lesson plans for the week have yet to be finished. he finds that nothing really gets done during the hours luhan is home and awake. nothing except for him, maybe.
             
            "luhan, i'm seriously–let's do this later? my lesson plans–"
             
            luhan smoothly traces minseok's pretty lips with his tongue, leans down more and presses him deeper against the chair. he grins when minseok doesn't resist, fully understanding why. it's the same reason luhan would leave their apartment in shambles most of the time, laundry flung about, personal things in the open, deliberate signs of uncleanliness that combat minseok's hygiene practice to wit's end.
             
            "–can wait, right?"
             
            his whisper is the invitation to a night of minimal productivity and complete monopolization. of content sighs and circular protests but it's exactly what both of them need. the morning falls on an important date, a monday thankfully, the day luhan enters his agency to represent various talents pursuing their ambition to immortalize their names in fame.
             
            that morning, minseok feels refreshed and completes his lesson plan in the thirty minutes he's spared before he has to leave. he remembers to button up all the way to hide last night's aftermath. on his way out the door, he takes note of luhan's belongings he encounters and decides a nice present to congratulate his roommate landing the job he's wanted for years.
 
--
             
            taozi serves as a hindrance more than a blessing in luhan's eyes. a painful reminder that his minseokkie's interests do wander and he constantly has to somehow mold himself to fit them. still, minseok tries to appease them both, adhering more to his role as a guardian as opposed to a spouse mostly because ever since taozi's arrival, it seems like there's two kids in the house instead of one. more whines and cries of despair have uttered the air of 612 in a month than the last four years.
             
--
             
            kyungsoo of 617 accompanies him to town, helping him decide what to make for dinner tonight (while joonmyeon watches sehuna and taozi) and also as his outsider opinion on a new style because minseok never cared enough to keep up with the ever finicky world of fashion trends and movements. at the very least, kyungsoo is younger and more in tune than the solid polos and t-shirts lining minseok's entire wardrobe.
             
            on their search, they bump into yixing and wufan of 624. minseok nearly ditches kyungsoo to accompany wufan, who used to model and therefore understands the fashion world more than his other friends, but he doesn't. instead he politely asks what the attendant interprets as the style that screams manly, with an undertone of metroual except his exact wording is more subtle than what comes off.
             
--
             
            when they return, joonmyeon is passed out on the floor of the playroom and the two kids are found coloring his face in marker.
             
            "joonmyeon!" kyungsoo scorns embarrassedly, and joonmyeon nearly jumps out of his skin at the rude awakening.
             
            "huh, what, i–" he scans the room, "where–oh," and he sees sehuna and taozi giggling off to the side and kyungsoo leaving the room in a huff. joonmyeon motions to what just happened, and shakes his head questioningly to which minseok shrugs.
             
            he hears kyungsoo nagging about irresponsibility and joonmyeon's profuse apologies behind a closed door as he takes taozi back to their apartment, bags hanging from his wrist. sehuna silently waves goodbye.
             
--
             
            between schedules, luhan once again plans how to monopolize minseok as usual, hoping taozi is sleepy by the time he heads home late once again today. minseok seemed giddy over the phone when he called to inform of his impending late arrival so maybe they can actually have some adult time to themselves tonight because lately, minseok becomes increasingly aware of taozi, even when they're completely alone.
             
            intimate advances are cut right before they pass a point of no return, and somehow ends with minseok cuddling into luhan's chest as the night passes on a bridge of suspension, but nothing more happens which produces more dysfunction later, in the form of briefs on the couch and dirty shirts on counters and socks dotting floors in every room.
             
            luhan decides that if he doesn't get any time with minseok tonight, he's going to start decorating the rooms in rubbish again, because it's stressful to live this life of restraint, of no intimate touching, especially when he's right there. so close he can actually taste the ridicule, and only the visions of minseok slowly unfolding under his heated whispers and promises to never let go, that no barrier could ever divide his heart and that body soaking in and crumbling to his every touch have him bouncing on his toes patiently.
             
            jongin offers for luhan to join the other models for a night out the town, but he has a lovely night in bed calling his name he would much rather tend to.
             
            on the ride back, his fingers cross and the stars litter the vast stretch of space prettily, a wish voiced to each and every one. the lights aren't on when luhan pulls up outside the complex, the anxiety taking over his body functions when he bolts up to their floor in less than five minutes, keys open the door and–
             
            a box shoved into his face.
             
            "for you," minseok says meekly, looking down but clearly hiding his eager expression. "i'm sorry for forgetting. they were your favorite because... because of me, right?"
             
            they're designer, from a name luhan as a part of that field can't even pronounce, but that doesn't matter. he hit the nail right on the head.
             
            luhan breaks down a little, shoulders droop in a heartfelt sigh before he (violently) crushes minseok's suddenly stiff body against his, so tightly minseok's feet lift from the ground.
             
            "if it's from you, it's always the best. always," he whispers, brushing his tongue hotly along minseok's, whose body starts trembling and luhan tosses him to the wall so they can melt into each other a little more. their breathing turns heavy and heated against november. luhan touches their foreheads and locks eyes, lightly voicing his wants and needs of the last few weeks, "can we?" and with the echoes of soft baritone clinging to his eardrums, minseok doesn't spare another thought.
             
--
             
            by morning the sheets are a mess and both of their clothes trail from the entrance all the way to their bedroom. minseok languidly reaches up to stretch and sleepily rubs his eyes, feeling luhan draped entirely to his bare waist. he glances over to the side, in a trance between dream or hallucination because there's taozi standing there, his panda plush in hand and his thumb, but that's weird to dream about; maybe he needs more sleep.
             
            wait a sec–
             
            "min-appa why are you ?" nevermind luhan; meanwhile minseok's eyes grow so wide they bulge.
             
            the entire sixth floor rubs their temples when the (shrieking) noises of 612 rattle the apartment building's walls. it's never a dull morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

i think this only makes sense to me. ;u; happy early birthday my love, mwah! ccc: <3