Final

Confession

 

“Do you want to go out with me?” Sunggyu asked as he looked at Soyou who had her head down, embarrassed.

“Let’s love each other.” She replied. Since it was part of the game, the cast immediately hit the both of them with pillows.

                Sunggyu sighed as he leaned his head against the car seat. His mind had drifted to that day last year where he had confessed to Soyou on broadcast. Although everyone had thought it was fake, he knew deep in his heart that his feelings for Soyou were real. He sighed again as he thought of himself as unlucky. After that schedule Infinite did not interact with Sistar much anymore, and their promotion schedules for BTD and How Dare You only overlapped for one or two weeks. Even so whenever they went to greet Sistar, Sunggyu never really talked to Soyou as they had to move on to another room to greet another artiste.

                “Hyung, why do you keep sighing?” Woohyun asked as he stuck his head out to the passenger seat of the van. Sunggyu turned to look at Woohyun and just shook his head.

                “It’s nothing. What’s our next schedule?” he asked.

                “Oh, it’s a radio show with Sistar.” Sungyeol replied from the back. Sunggyu immediately froze. Sistar? Didn’t that mean Soyou would be there?

                “Hyung gwenchana?” Dongwoo worried patted Sunggyu’s shoulder.

                “Ah ah ye I’m fine.” But Sunggyu’s thoughts were elsewhere. His mind drifted to Soyou’s beautiful features and angelic smile. He groaned a little and ruffled his hair. He just couldn’t get his mind off of Soyou.

                The other members of Infinite glanced at their leader worriedly. They could never understand him. One moment he would be all smiles and the next he would be frowning and deep in thought. “What is he, a girl on her period?!” L whispered.

                “Annyeonghasaeyo! Sistar imnida!”

                “Annyeonghasaeyo, Infinite imnida!” Both groups greeted each other as they reached the venue for the radio show. Sunggyu’s heart was pounding in his chest as he timidly looked at Soyou. He felt his heart stop for a second as he saw her smiling and greeting everyone. However, as Hoya nudged him he snapped out of his daze and proceeded to greet the DJ. 

                The show proceeded smoothly with the expected questions about their  recent comebacks and when they were releasing a new album. “Ah well Infinite’s teaser has already been released recently, the song will be released on March 17.” Sungjong explained.

                “Ah, yes I’ve watched the MV teaser! It’s so cute! How about Sistar? Are you girls making your comeback soon?”

                “Oh, we are in midst of preparations for our comeback, please anticipate it!” Hyorin grinned. Soyou looked at Sunggyu who seemed to have zoned out. She smiled a little as she felt her heart flutter. She had always had a crush on Sunggyu, but never had the courage to admit. Anyway that confession he had made on Midnight Idols was probably just for show. Just then, the DJ called for her and Sunggyu, which made her eyes widen.

                “Yah, Sunggyu and Soyou keep looking at each other secretly! You think I wouldn’t know but I see it very clearly from my spot!” the female DJ smirked. The two immediately blushed.

                “A-aniya! I wasn’t looking at Sunggyu oppa!” Soyou tried to defend herself.

                “Sunggyu OPPA? Wow~ Your relationship must be very good eh?” Sunggyu waved his hands frantically, flustered. “Ah remember that guesting at Midnight Idols? I watched it, and Sunggyu and Soyou were so cute! You two make a good couple!” Sunggyu and Soyou looked at each other, embarrassed.

                “I’m still a huge fan of Infinite.” Soyou said, which made Sunggyu do a little happy dance inside.

                “I am too a huge fan of Sistar and Soyou.” He replied, which made everyone cheer.

                “Wah, our hyung is already getting a girlfriend!” Hoya exclaimed.

                “Yeah, even Hyorin and I don’t have any boyfriends!” Bora chuckled.

                “Soyou unnie hwaiting in your relationship!” Dasom giggled.

                “Keke hyung! Confess your love to Soyou!” Sungyeol clapped his hands happily. Sunggyu looked at Soyou’s cute blushing face and smiled.

                “Soyou ah…” he began, which made everyone quiet down. “Saranghamnida.” Soyou immediately turned an even brighter red as everyone congratulated the two of them.

                “Ahaha, what a cute couple, moving on… Bora, I heard you are quite the athelete! You…” Sunggyu’s ‘I love you’ kept repeating in Soyou’s mind as she looked everywhere but at Sunggyu. She just wanted to jump up and shout ‘YES!’, but that would blow her cover.

                After the radio show, the two groups decided to have dinner together as both had no schedules after that. It was a great time for Infinite and Sistar to become great friends. Everyone laughed and joked throughout the dinner, and only Sunggyu and Soyou were the most quiet. Sunggyu was frowning as he stared at Soyou, who was only concentrating on her plate.

                Just then, Soyou stood up and walked out, which made Sunggyu jolt up as his eyes followed Soyou out of the restaurant.

                “I… I need to go to the restroom.” He hurriedly announced as he stood up and ran in the direction Soyou went.

                “…he must be urgent.” Dongwoo said.

                Sunggyu ran out of the restaurant, pulling his scarf up to cover his mouth as he looked around. Where was Soyou? He saw a familiar looking back walk towards a park and immediately chased after it. He was about to call for Soyou when he realised that their cover would be blown if he called her stage name. He had a brainwave as he caught up to her.

                “Jihyun! Kang Jihyun!” he shouted, which made Soyou stop and turn around, shocked. Once she saw him she was even more surprised. Sunggyu grabbed her arm and led her across the road and into the park. “Let’s get out of here first before anyone discovers us.” He whispered into her ear, which sent goosebumps down her back.

                The two idols sat down on a swing in the park, side by side, feeling awkward. “So… how’d you know my real name is Kang Jihyun?” she broke the silence by asking. Sunggyu blushed.

                “I told you I was a huge fan of yours… So I naturally did some research?” Soyou grinned, happy that he cared.

                “You know… What I had said that time at Midnight Idols… it wasn’t just for the show… I was serious about it… And also about my confession at the radio just now… I’m not joking.” Sunggyu mustered up the courage to say. His feet suddenly became so interesting as he anticipated her response.

                Soyou was dumbfounded. She had never expected for Kim Sunggyu to feel the same way. Was this a dream? If it’s a dream I never want to wake up. Soyou looked at Sunggyu’s shy expression and felt her heart skip a beat. Her eyes wandered downwards to his hands that were nervously fidgeting around. She reached out and grabbed one hand, lacing her fingers through his. Sunggyu’s head snapped up as he looked at Soyou, who smiled gently. A huge smile broke out on his face as he gripped Soyou’s hand tighter. The two looked and each other lovingly with smiles on their faces.

                “Sunggyu oppa, saranghae.”

                “Why are they taking so long?” Woohyun mumbled. The two had been gone for half an hour. At that moment, the door of their private room opened, revealing a happy Sunggyu and Soyou. The two of them walked in, and everyone eyed their intertwined hands.

                “Mind telling us what happened?” L raised an eyebrow. The couple looked at each other then back at everyone.

                “We… We’re dating.”