Chapter 2

Childhood Romance.

MinJi woke up and prepared for school. She carried her bag, locked the gates and headed to the bus stop. She read through the route that the bus was going to take, but she didn’t see the name of her school anywhere on the list.

“Aish, MinJi babo-ya! Why didn’t you.. Aish. Forget it.” MinJi looked around to see if she could see anyone who was wearing the same uniform as her. She thought that maybe that someone could lead her to school. Just then, her eyes were fixed on someone.

“H-He.. looks so familiar. H-have I seen him before?” she thought while staring at that guy, “MinJi-ah, stop giving excuses, you just find him attractive, what’s with the familiarity.” She shook her head. He turned to look at her; she realized it and quickly looked in the other direction. She glanced at him. It took her a few seconds to notice that he was wearing the uniform of the same school.

“Ah! I could ask him to lead me to school, since he’s going the same direction as me! Yes ah!”

MinJi nervously walked up to him.

“A-annyeong! I’m MinJi. I-I was just wondering if we could go to school together because I just arrived in Korea and is still not very familiar with the roads,” MinJi said it quickly while holding her breath.

She was expecting some reply from him, but all he did was staring into her eyes with a blank expression. When MinJi looked back with a confuse expression, he snapped out of it and nodded to her.

“Ah, komawo!” she thanked him and flashed her brightest smile.

Soon after, the bus arrived and both of them boarded it. It was a silent and awkward bus ride. At least it was, to MinJi. And she was sure 99% that he felt that way too. While the bus was travelling, MinJi glanced at her schoolmate, she felt that they definitely knew each other, or had seen each other before, but she could not figure out when or where it happened. She came back to reality when this schoolmate of hers grabbed her hand and dragged her down the bus after squeezing with the passengers in it.

She stopped suddenly after being dragged down by him, still holding hands with him with a shocked expression. He then realized she wasn’t walking and stopped as well. He turned back to look at her, only to find her gaze on their hands. He let go of her hands as soon as he saw that and looked away.

“Let’s go. We’re going to be late,” he exclaimed.

“O-Okay.”

In The Classroom (Your POV)

“Annyeong! I’m Kim MinJi, and I’m going to be your classmate from now on. Please take care of me, thanks!” you said while smiling, receiving cheers and applauds in return.

“Alright, alright, calm down, class. MinJi-ah, please take a seat beside L.Joe,” Mrs. Kang spoke while pointing to an empty seat beside a guy.

“Ne, Mrs. Kang,” you responded.

You then went on to your seat and sat down. You turned to your partner, who was looking out the window.

“L.Joe, right? Hi, I’m MinJi, nice to meet you,” you started the conversation.

L.Joe turned and faced you. It was then you realized that he was the one who led you to school.

“Oh! H-hi! Didn’t expect to see you again,” you continued awkwardly, “anyway, thanks for bringing me to school just now. It was appreciated!”

“You’re welcome,” he replied coldly and continued looking out of the window.

“What a cold guy. To think that I thought he was Byunghun. Byunghun would never do that to me. But when he held my hand, it really felt like Byunghun’s..” you thought to yourself, and shrugged your shoulders.

-

“Ring-ring-ring-ring” the school bell rang. The first day of school was over.

“Finally!” you said to yourself while doing some stretches.

“MinJi-ah! Would you like to have lunch with EunSon, RyeJin, and me? We could bring you around the school and show you some places that we hang out often after school,” your classmate, HyoNa offered.

“Sure! Hold on, let me pack my bags first,” you answered.

After you finished packing your bags, you noticed that L.Joe was still sitting at his seat.

“L.Joe, you aren’t leaving yet?” you asked. “Well, see you tomorrow then,” you continued after hearing no reply from him.

“See ya,” his voice appeared after you turned your back to face him. It took you by surprise and you turn back to face him. A smile showed on your lips slowly, but you made no attempt to hide it.