That Man

That Man

Kyuhyun is that man.

That man that everyone knows and loves, but all the love in the world just isn’t enough for him. Because that woman, that one woman is not his.

That man isn’t what people would normally call y. He is incapable of dancing a y wave without emitting radioactive awkwardness around a two mile radius.

Besides, he’d much rather watch her dance, because she is all sensual allure and grace. In fact, all she needs to do is smile and every male would not be able to stop staring at her.

She is that woman...  The one who would walk up to him, wiping away his sweat, staring bravely into his eyes and telling him off for over-working himself. The one who hands out snacks to him and s like she is their mother, who scolds them and jokes around with them like she is one of the guyys. She is the one who gives him fleeting high fives and touches his shoulder for just one moment, but those moments are so warm and comforting, like the softest fleece blanket.

But Kyuhyun is only just that man.

Compared to that other man, Kyuhyun doesn’t have abs, fails at aegyo…

and he thinks that he looks ridiculous when he winks.

But he doesn’t ever want to see her cry, even if she’s happy, because he knows how it feels like to shed tears..

On that stage, singing that song, holding in a flood of emotions, he wants to forget her but how can he ever let her go. And all he can do is give her his voice, his honest singing voice that he hopes will reach her and make her understand

He is so different from that other man, the one who can hold her hand and stare into her eyes and make her laugh and smile.

He is Cho Kyuhyun, and to be honest he wishes that girl would just give him his heart back already, but it seems like she doesn’t even know that she has it in the first place, and it’s probably abandoned, sitting alone and beating only for her ears, but she’s deaf to its melody.

But he knows that no matter how much he curses the heavens, his heart does belong to her. If his heart was to ever leave her side, it would be hollow and empty and would probably cease to beat.

But what hurts just as much is the knowledge that someone else has her heart, someone with smiling eyes and large warm hands that interlock her fingers and keeps her close by his side at all times. Someone who loves her just as much as Kyuhyun does, but it’s different, because she loves this man back too. Together, they hold each others hearts with loving care, the beats of their hearts in perfect harmony.

Kyuhyun thinks his own heart is a bit pathetic, beating to its own melody. But it’s a beautiful melody full of love and longing, of acceptance and patience.

Because he will wait for that girl, for as long as it takes.

That girl… The strange girl he met with the wide eyes and warm smile, with the lilting accent and loud laughter...

                                                                                  his Odd Song.