Ch. 43

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung slumped down in his seat as he remained silent in the back seat of the cab holding tightly onto Ji Sook’s almost lifeless body.  Everything seems to be going towards a brighter light for now but it would be a lot better if he knew where Taeyeon and Jaejoong were.  He sighed out of frustration as he closed his eyes for a brief moment of silence as he tried to sort out his tangled thoughts.  There were too many things running in his mind right now and he couldn’t come to a conclusion as to what his next steps were.  He groaned in annoyance as he opened his eyes and looked out the window.

As he looked at his surroundings through the window, he felt an uneasiness overcome his worried state.  He didn’t know where they were at this moment or how he could have lost track of where they were within such a short amount of time.  He tried to look around to find some sort of clue to show where their current location was but couldn’t find anything.  It was as if they were out on a long road trip with nothing but the road as their companion.  He looked cautiously around to find some sign, clues or anything to help but when he finally saw something, his eyes widened with fear.  This was not the route to the Hospital where he specifically asked the Driver to take them, but it was a route to get out of Seoul.  Something really bad was going to happen and if he doesn’t get him and Ji Sook out now, than there is no telling what tomorrow will bring, if there was a tomorrow. 

He slowly but cautiously inched his slumped body up against the seat in an upright position to try and get a better look at the Driver without causing too much movement.  He wouldn’t want to cause any harm to either himself or Ji Sook by giving away any hints of his newly found information.  Wooyoung felt a disturbing gut feeling pang in the center of his stomach as he looked into the rearview mirror.  He squint his eyes for better assessment as he carefully watched the Driver’s every movement.  Something about this Driver and his shaky actions were making him feel very nervous about being in the car.  His mind is yelling “GET OUT NOW” but his body seems to be glued down to the seat. 

As Wooyoung took a closer look at the Driver, something tells him that he’s seen and met this man before.  He couldn’t shake off the eerie feeling he was getting by looking at him.  He could have sworn he’s seen him some time not too long ago and his voice seems oddly familiar as well.  Wooyoung cleared his throat as he calmly asked, “Excuse me, but is this the route to the Hospital?  It seems as though it’s taking a longer time to get there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter