A Bully's Fist

Fake Glasses

(SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE T____T FORGIVE ME, MY SUBBIES!!!)

Jonghyun's eyes widened in dismay and he dropped the phone as if it was a deadly spider. The phone's screen shattered into pieces from the impact. Surprisped, I flinched and took a step back. He flashed me an apologizing smile and kneeled down to pick it up (A/N: Yes, I know it's stupid to pick up a phone with dangerous shards of glass covered on, but let's pretend nothing's wrong with that >.<), only to suddenly withdraw it with a yelp.

 

I peeked over and notcied that his hand was bleeding quite heavily. I gasped and grabbed his hand. "I think there's a piece of glass in there!" After a long amount of silence, I looked up at Jonghyun to see why he wasn't responding. His eyes seemed dazed, yet on a closer look, you can see that he was focused onto my hand, clutching tightly onto his. I blushed and released it.

"Uhh..." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Do you have a first-aid kit?"

***

For the first couple of periods in school, I was remembering what happened with Jonghyun yestarday. I was lost in a  daydream, and I almost thought that they were reality at some point. 

 

Sooner or later, my teacher managed to noticed me spacing out.

"Young lady, what is the matter with you?!" Ms. Seo scolded when she eventually lost her patience. "You're awfully red too... are you sick?" My eyes stretched wide as I covered my cheeks in an attempt to hide them. Seeing that I wasn't answering, she sighed and continued her lesson. However, she left a good a question lingering in my thoughts. Why was I red? 

 

Ultimately, the bell rang and interrupted the teacher's lesson. "See you in homeroom," she called out as we exited the classroom.

 

I fished out my lunch from my bookbag and proceeded to the cafeteria. Since Tiffany was absent due to suffering from vocal nodule, which most singers have, I had to sit alone.

 

As I entered the cafeteria, I almost ran into Jessica and nearly fell backwards from shock. Fortunately, she didn't notice me, or suspect me being around, but I still felt uncomfortable. I didn't know if Jonghyun discussed this with her yet so I was getting hesitant of being near her.

 

I sneakily dodged her point of view and sat down in an empty table. From a distance, I could see Onew trotting into the cafeteria with that same awkward expression he always has. He scanned the cafeteria and noticed me staring at him. He slowly raised his hand and waved. I smiled. He grinned and shuffled towards me and sat down at my table after asking for permission. He immediately unpacked his lunch which was the same as always- chicken nuggets.

 

I snickered. "Don't you ever get tired of that?" I asked. He responed by taking a ginormous bite out of the nugget. I laughed as he smiled sheepily. I took a bite out of my sandwhich. It tasted bland.

 

***

I trudged back home after school, those same thoughts nagging me. I hadn't seen Jonghyun all day so I figured he had stayed home. I didn't blame him, though. Who could go to school after a shock like that?

I fished out the keys from my pocket as I arrived at my block. However, I soon draw a gasp as I feel a cold aura warning me to leave. I strain my eyes and see Jessica standing outside of my house, along with a few other strangers. I sigh of frustration and mutter a curse under my breath. I try waiting to see if she'd leave, but her stubborness had kept her put. I reluctantly drag myself to my front steps, close enough so that she doesn't see me. I try thinking of a plan to get past her without noticing, but as soon as I think of a great plan, my phone rings. I frantically reach for my bag, digging out the contents as I try to shut off my phone. Jessica scans the block as she hears the ringtone while the other girls stay put. After realizing where the sound of my ringtone was coming from, she comes down the steps to see me crouched down, with my phone in my hand. 

 

I take a deep breath as I slowly stand up. I try to give her a dirty look. "What do you want now?" I demand.  Jessica seems hesitant, surprised from my sudden confidence. However, she soon breaks out into laughter. "Don't try to hide it." she rolls her eyes. "I know you're trembling." Before I could retort an answer, Jessica suddenly pushes me. My body gets thrown down onto the floor and she shoots me a look of pure anger. "Thought you could get away with that?" she mumbles, her teeth gritting tightly. She kicks me, forcing me back down as I tried to get up.  I see her turn to the other girls, that were still standing in the exact same spot. She motions them to come, and they obediently come running down the stairs.

 

Just as I realize what was going on, they start beating me as well. After about five minutes of kicking, they shoot me a look of victory and arrogantly walk away, leaving me on the floor. I groan as I try to get up. but of course my attempts fail me. My blurry eyes come in contact with my phone, that was still lying on the ground with me. I gather all my strength to reach for it, but I am left will yet another failed attempt as I just give in and let the blackness wash over me.

***

 

I hear a voice calling my name and my eyes flicker and finally open. I slowly bring myself to sit up, and I notice Jonghyun, concern in his eyes. "What happened to you?" He finally asks. "Who did this?" I grab onto a fence and pull myself up. "No one..." I mutter. "I fell down." He shoots me a look of doubt as I stagger up the front stairs to my house. He stares at me as I open the door. I show him a smile to reassure him that I was okay. He smirks and strolls down my block until he disappears. I enter my house and run straight into my room, crawling into my bed. 

 

... what a weird ending o.O