Chapter 3

I Can't Love You (I Love U? NO!)

Amber POV

What's wrong with that girl? I saw her start running as if she is avoiding me. I think she is a weird girl. I shouted for her name but she kept running even faster, what's on her mind? I just end up didn't care at the moment, walking casually into my classroom. Before I even arrived at the hallway,  someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

"Hey ... Jonghyun! Who is Minry? Isn't she was the girl that sit next to you?" Minho asked me, I nodded. He smiled at me, is there something funny? But then doesn't it weird for him to ask something like this? They are in the same class after all.

"What?" I asked feeling a bit confused by his question also that smile.

"Uh nothing ... hm I think she's a lovely girl" I did not ask your opinion about Minry, Minho! But I didn't protest. I just want to know what’s wrong with this guy...

"But, since the first day of school she rarely talked to people, I was a bit surprised when yesterday she seemed very comfortable talking to you" Minho said with a very funny expression, I held my laughter inside, wanting to hear more about this girl.

"And then?" I raised my eyebrow, he laughed. I once again feeling confused.

"I think she likes you"Wait.... What? Really? There is really a girl who likes me? Am I that handsome? You must be kidding me.

"I don't believe you," I entered the classroom, I can hear Minho chuckled at my respond. I could see Minry sit quietly there. I think Minho is right about Minry. While the other students are talking to their circle of friend, Minry just sit there quietly looking all bored and somehow lonely? I approached her, she take a glance up to me before turned her gaze to the other direction. She acted like she did not see me. I sat there, there was something strange about her today. We just sit quietly until the teacher came. Mr. Kim Ryeowook, I think that was his name, because I saw him begin to explain the physics lessons. I remember Jonghyun oppa once told me once that he is a very scary teacher. He said he often punishes his student, he does not like it when there are students who do not pay attention when he was teaching. Turn my head to Minry, she still did not want to talk to me or even look at me. I turned back towards Mr. Kim.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked her with a low voice, I do not want Mr. Kim saw me talking.

"I'm not avoiding you, why would I do that?" she finally spoke, answering without looking at me. I just chuckled.

"Liar" she finally looked at me with a shocked expression, I just could sense it.

"I'm not a liar!" I looked at her giving my full attention to her, I knew she was lying. Weird girl, but somehow she just looks so cute that I barely can hold back a small smile forming on my face. She was so cute in my eyes.

"Yes, you're a liar"

"No I'm not" she said with a louder voice.

"Yeah you're a liar!" without realizing it I raise up my voice higher than her

"No I'm not!" Louder

"Yes you are" and louder. I let out a loud groans when something hit my head. it's hurt so much, I am sure it will left a buries. 

"Hey! You two! Why are you shouthing in the middle of my class?" turning our head to Mr. Kim, I think he is angry. His face turn red from anger. I saw Minho laughed quietly from the other side of the room.

"uhm ... no-nothing!" I replied nervously knowing that he will punish me anytime soon. There is no way ro escape.

"Now get out of my class until I finished the lesson!" Mr. Kim shouted towards us.

"But ..."

"No but, now get out!" I can't say more seeing that he is really angry to us, we walked out from the classroom with all the eyes on us. Minry started avoiding me again, she kept walking without looking at me. Is she mad? Why is she avoiding me and did not even talk to me. I walk over to her but she seemed didn't care, I'm getting annoyed by her action. Grabbing her wrist, holding it tight only in case she would run away again from me. She was looking at me with her beautiful eyes. We just stare at each other silently, for a moment I did not know what to do, I seemed to freeze in my place. Minry tried to pull her hand out of my grip, but I tightened my grip.

"What do you want?" she asked angrily

"Why did you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked still clueless with everything

"I told you! I'm not avoiding you!" This girl, sometimes she is very annoying. She tried to release my grip and she somehow could escape from my tight grip. After that, she walked away from me. I looked at her from afar, she goes further and further away, what’s wrong with her? I kept staring at her until she was no longer seen by me. And what's wrong with me? This is all confusing.

End of Amber POV

 

Ren started to walk away from Amber, somehow he find a way to the school garden, and he sat on one of the benches there. Looking towards his shoes finding the things are more interesting than anything now. His long hair fall to the side, he could be careless about it now.

"Do I really love him?" Ren murmured, sighing after the words escaped from his mouth. His head is a mess just by the look of his face, it's just the second day and he already getting into a huge trouble. And.... isn't it too early to love someone in such a short period of time?

"Who do you love?" A deep voice said, turning his head to the voice only to find a guy sitting next to him. He is too deep in his thought that he didn't even realize someone walking over to him. Raising an eyebrow not knowing who is the stranger, he know this guy is not from Minry's class. He never saw him.

"Who are you?" He just smiles at the question, for a guy he has a sweet smile.

"You don't know me?" He raised an eyebrow. Ren just shrug thinking that the stranger is just some crazy guy.

"Really? Let me introduce myself then. I'm Kim Jonghyun!" Ren jaws dropped at the mention of a well knowing name to him. Is there another Kim Jonghyun in this school? Ren thought to himself. 

"But you can call me JR" he smiled again . He wish, this Jonghyun does not make him confused and suffered even more, he just couldn't imagine it. That's must be the worst nightmare ever that happened to his life.


"I see...." Ren pointed toward name written on the uniform from a boy called JR, Ren giggled. And that's the most beautiful thing that JR ever saw in his life. After a long time being a stalker to a girl named Choi Minry, he finally comes out from the shadow. He needs to think about the whole thing for about a week. And when he saw a potential rival, he just pushed himself more, gaining all the strength inside him. He just sitting there under a big tree only to spotted the most beautiful girl walking to his dirrection. Without anymore doubt he walked over to the said girl.

"What are you doing here?"JR asked raising an eyebrow. It's not a normal thing for Minry to skipped class just like what he always does.

"Shouldn't I am the one who need to ask the same thing to you?" JR then realized that if he was not in the class as well. He just grinned, scratching his head in embarrassment.

"I ... I was just getting bored with the lesson.... so... uhm... I... well... you know" Ren nodded slowly sign that he understand what actually happened here. Yeah, it seems that JR was not as bad as Ren thinks, he could feel a sigh of relieve escaped from his mouth and the worry just fly away just like that.

"You have not answered my question"

"Oh ... I was kicked out because making too much noise in class" Ren instantly change his expression as he remembered about someone. His mood turns upside down, feeling mad about the girl. Ren pout and his mind just need to be stupid and let that person clouded his mind once again.

"Jonghyun ..." Ren whispered under his breath. JR could not hear it clearly, since his voice just barely a whisper to his ear.

"Did you say something?" Ren shook his head, shook away the tought that have been such an annoying topic to his head. Now Ren know that he didn’t love Amber, he hated her. Yeah that’s right, he hated her. Only if he know that he is actually really wrong.

"No ... I did not say anything. Maybe, just your feeling"”JR just nodded and smiled back towards Ren. Didn't she know me? I'm not sure? JR thought. Every day he always tried so hard to make Minry talk to him. But, all his efforts are not successful as what he imagined. Minry always running away when he tried to approach her. She will also have a lot of reasons not to talk to him. But, now JR was very happy after so long finally the girl he liked wanted to talk to him. JR kept smiling at the girl, feeling it unbelieveable that he can be so close to his crush. Quiet, Ren did not know what he should say to the boy. He just knew him just a few minutes ago. While on the other side, JR could not take his eyes from Ren. Ren did not even realize that JR didn't even once taking his eyes from him. He just sat there closing his eyes, he could hear the sound of the wind blowing through him, hitting his face gently. Ren hair moved with the wind, he smiled feeling the wind against his face making him calmer. JR unknowingly blushed just by a simple smile.

Amber kept walking looking for any sign of where did he go, feeling the need to apologize even if she doesn't know if she does something wrong. Amber is scared if she had made him mad at her. Her eyes catching a figure she had known sitting on a garden bench. But he is not alone, she could saw other male figure sitting right beside him, he had an eyes on Ren's face. Amber quietly looked at Ren from there, Ren hair slowly moving from the wind. He smiled, a smile that can make Amber's heart beating rapidly when she saw it. She could felt her face heating up changing it's color to a bright red, as red as a boiled crab. Amber saw the guy sitting next to Ren moving his face closer to Ren’s, she start to feel uncomfortable somehow knowing that what might happened anytime soon. She could not believe what he would do to her precious Ren. Amber quickly stepped closer towards them. She grab the guy shoulder and jerk him away from the bench. The man fell to the ground with a loud thud, Ren opened his eyes in surprised to see Amber suddenly there in front of him looking all angry.

"Jo... Jonghyun? What are you doing here?"turning her gaze to him just to look back at the man who had fell down the ground. She could hear he groaned in pain once he make contact to the ground. Amber did not answer Ren’s question, he waved his hand toward her face. Amber still does not take her eyes from the man who tried to kiss Ren. Yes that guy tried to kiss Ren.

"What's your problem dude?" JR yelled as he tried to stand from the ground, glaring over to the other figure. JR gritened his teeth having to face in face with his rival.

"What are you gonna do to Minry?" She asked back not even minding to answer. She just feeling the anger burned up to her veins.

"What did I do? I did not do anything!" He shouted over to her. Amber is really upset with him, she was ready to hit that annoying face, but she had to hold her anger. She did not want to make Jonghyun get into trouble because of her actions. She tried to bury her anger as deep as she can.

"Don't lie to me! I see you're trying to kiss Minry!" Amber glared back towards JR. If this is a comic, you could have been smoke coming out from their nose and  head, and there could have been lightning in their eyes. Ren blinked not believe the fights between the two, he still not understand about the whole situasion. JR tried to kiss him? And why Jonghyun is really mad about it?

"JR is that true?" Ren stared innocently towards JR, asking him with a soft voice. Just for a moment he think JR is a great guy, he don't want to know any other troublesome student. He just have enough.

"No, he is lying!" Amber start to loose her temper by how he tried to dodge it.

"So you said that I am a liar? YOU JERK!" Amber pushes JR's body so hard, he almost fell again to the ground. Fortunately he could balance his body preventing him to fall over to the ground for the second time. 

"What? Who are you calling jerk?" now maybe there will actually lightning between them. But Ren move faster than them getting up from his seat standing in between the two.

"Stop!" Ren shouted and stood between Amber and JR, spreading his arms. He looked deeply into her eyes, hoping that she wouldn't do something more than this. If they got into fight it would be more troublesome than before.

"But Minry ... he tried to kiss you!" Amber tries lowering her voice as far as she can.

"No! He lied!" they started screaming at each other again, seeing his effort is useless. Ren grab Amber hands pulling her to walk away from there. Amber wanted to let go of her hand from his grip and turn back to hit JR's face. But, she should not do it. She had enough for today, she don’t want to make him angrier than before. They stopped in a quiet hallway, no one there. Ren turned his body to Amber, she knows for sure she would get all the anger from Ren.

"isn't it enough that you already make a problem in a day?" Ren asked with anger in his every word. He was very angry at Amber now. Amber softened by this, knowing that Ren could slap her in the face for what she did today.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to protect you. But I swear, that jerk tried to kiss you before" Ren saw regret in Amber's eyes, slowly Ren felt guilty for yelling and scolding her. Actually, she was right. She is just trying to protect him. Ren lowered his head (I think Ren is taller than Jonghyun LOL), he can see some wet liquid already in the corner of her eyes, she can cry anytime soon. He felt guiltier by the look on her face, he regretted his action on avoiding her the whole morning and now he just scold her for nothing.

"I ... I did not mean to make you angry," Amber said between in her sobs, the tears just fall down from her eyes, she can't hold it back anymore. She know this must be weird for a guy to cry, but she just cant hold it back inside. Ren grabbed her chin and looked at her eyes, the beautiful brown eyes turned puffy and red from crying. Ren take a deep breath, his chest tightened in pain knowing he just make her cry, he really didn't mean to.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so mad at you" Ren wipe some tears from her cheeks with his thumb. Amber did not say anything still sobbing quietly, they just looked at each other for a while. Do not know what he will do to make her stopped crying, without thinking much he leaned closer to her. Closing his eyes as their face only an inch apart. Once their lips brushing each other that's when he could feel the spark on the small contact. He still could hear small sobs from her lips but he just pressed himself more. In the other side Amber slowly feeling relaxed then closing her eyes, feeling his lips moving on her.

'What am I doing?' Ren trying to pull away but his body just won't listen. Amber somehow is the one that push him away. Amber settled her breath, looking at him for a while. Ren felt that Amber will scold him or slap him anytime now, it's okay it's his fault in the first place. He deserved it for kissing her without permission.

"I'm ... I'm sorry  ... I-" Ren's words cut off when they his lips meet her once again, this time Amber was the one who kissed him. Ren's eyes blinked a few times not believing that she is not angry with him. But she just kiss him. Ren slowly closed his eyes again wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. 'I must be crazy' thought both of them as they kissed. Maybe they should be thanking Mr. Kim for this.