Kyuhyun the unromantic

Wedding Dress

Kyuhyun was terribly unromantic.

It was a real pity because behind his charming smile and handsome looks was a man that had no clue of how to woo their loved one.  He didn’t know how to flirt properly, often making inappropriate comments at the most inappropriate times, and he most certainly did not know how to date.  He’d managed to snag a few girls in high school and take them on the most unconventional dates – despite following his best friend’s every single piece of advice.  Of course, that had all been before he was a superstar when girls and guys alike weren’t screaming for just a sliver of attention.  All those fans… they had no clue how absolutely terrible Kyuhyun was with romance.  No matter how suave he looked on stage, no matter how smooth and sensual, underneath it all was an oblivious man.

Sometime last year Kyuhyun had wondered what lucky star was watching over him.  The first and only man he had been in love with, and was still thoroughly in love with, had shyly confessed his everlasting love.  His low and husky voice littered with tiny stutters, blushing the prettiest shade of pink as he tried to explain everything.  It was the most roundabout confession Kyuhyun had ever experienced, the petite male often going way off topic, but it was absolutely precious.  It was beyond sweet that the man that was almost four years his senior was putting his heart and soul into this absolutely adorable confession.

It didn’t, however, take just that confession for Kyuhyun to realise how freaking cute the older man was for his age.  He had realised that long ago, when he had been discovering the first stages of being in love with the older band mate.  It had all started off with thinking he was beyond cute and innocent, progressing into wanting to hold those precious baby fingers in his hand, and finally ending with the unexplainable want to kiss those pouty lips senseless.  He knew he was into girls, he yearned for curves and softness, but there was nothing more tantalising and tempting than the man he loved.  He was an undeniably pretty male, much prettier than any girl he had ever seen.  But even more than that, he was more caring and sweet, he was an epitome of adorableness, and Kyuhyun could barely contain the need to pull him into his arms and never let go.

And even though it was the other that had confessed first, so red that he looked like he was going to faint, it was Kyuhyun that had suggested they go steady.  Of course, it was awkward for the two of them.  Neither had experience in being attracted to another male before.  Add that to Kyuhyun’s uncanny ability to be unromantic, it had certainly been a tense moment when Kyuhyun brought his arms around the smaller.  They had shared an awkward laugh which had escalated to a genuine one as they stared into each other’s eyes – seeing everything that they needed to know.  It was going to be difficult and definitely weird, but who cared?  They were in love. 

Being the brash maknae that he was, Kyuhyun naturally took the lead.  He tried to lead them through the cloudy haze that was their strange relationship, even though he himself had no idea what he was doing.  But seeing as the other was more than shy, he thought it was his duty.  He was, after all, the one that was in love longer.  But it had been the smaller male to pluck up his courage first, squeezing his heart in preparation for a rejection and a lost friend.  Kyuhyun had been too filled with doubts and anxieties to even try, despite having years of adoration to back him up.

Although Leeteuk had stated, more than once, it was pretty damn obvious that Kyuhyun had been well and truly in love with their lead baritone for a long time.

When the two of them came out with their still very awkward relationship to the other members, their band mates had been more or less supportive.  Eunhyuk and Donghae had practically cheered, screaming a relieved ‘finally’.  Hankyung and Shindong smiled at the couple, sharing a knowing look. Kangin and Heechul had given Yesung the most lewd look on the planet, raising their eyebrows at him as he blushed all the way to his roots.  Sungmin had clapped Kyuhyun on the back, Ryeowook opting to hug Yesung tightly and whispering that everything was going to be fine.  Kibum and Siwon had deemed it necessary to threaten to break Kyuhyun’s neck should Yesung shed a single tear – it was pretty damn scary coming from a boxer and someone as well built as Siwon.  And Leeteuk grabbed both of them tightly, promising eternal support and wishes for happiness, tears in his eyes.

And even with all the support and love, it did not aid Kyuhyun’s inability to be romantic.  Even if he loved Yesung more than life itself, he just could not stop his tendencies.  He could be overly childish, often squeezing Yesung much too tight causing the elder to gently request for some breathing space and he found himself accidentally refusing Yesung’s subtle offers to go out, opting to sit and play his games instead.  It had not ended badly, no, not at all.  Yesung would smile a little sadly before sitting beside Kyuhyun and snuggling to his side, face buried in the maknae’s shoulder as he watched Kyuhyun play.

 But that wasn’t even the worst of it.  On the rare times he got the hint or decided to actually take Yesung somewhere nice, properly covered up of course, they had been the most unromantic dates in history.  In the movies, Kyuhyun would be too engrossed in the movie to notice Yesung leaning on his shoulder when it was almost over or attempting to hold his hand when something sweet happened or cowering as the ghost came out.  Sometimes he would even take his hand away to reach into the popcorn.  At dinners, Kyuhyun would make the idlest chatter, occasionally poking fun at his Hyung but nothing special.  It was just like the dinners they had together when the rest of the members were around.  But Yesung never complained, he simply smiled sweetly, burying himself into Kyuhyun’s arms as they reached the privacy of their dorm.

“It’s all right Kyuhyun-ah.  It really is.”

Yesung said it every time.  Kyuhyun more or less inquired regularly about what Yesung thought.  He had had girls previously nag at him to be just a little more considerate and put in a little more effort, but Yesung just looked at him with the most clueless expression when he realised Kyuhyun had forgotten his birthday, right after he had forgotten their first year anniversary.  He shook his head, content to wrap his arms around Kyuhyun’s middle and lean his head onto his chest.  He relished the feel of  Kyuhyun’s hand petting his head and pulled him closer.  He didn’t need a gift, just Kyuhyun.  He assured the maknae of this every single time, treasuring the affection filled hugs and kisses more than any present Kyuhyun could buy. He even joked that any gift Kyuhyun bought him would probably be something along the lines of either video games or lingerie – both things that weren’t considerably romantic either.

Even though Kyuhyun was probably the most unromantic person on the planet, he was still a massive ert.  One of the reasons his previous dates had been so bad was because he could barely go ten minutes without making some sort of innuendo.  Yesung hadn’t minded as much despite Kyuhyun’s countless suggestions of getting closer without any clothes in between.  They had, of course, done the deed before.  The first time Kyuhyun had tried to be gentle and slow but he was still inexperienced, making Yesung uncomfortable and cringing in pain.  But it hadn’t been all bad, if the screams of Kyuhyun’s name the members had complained about the next day were any indication.  After that, Kyuhyun had only gotten more creative in their nightly escapades and he had feeling that Yesung was getting louder.  The eye bags and grumbles from the other members were a dead giveaway. 

He was erse, but he didn’t expect this kind of .

“I should just break your neck now.” Kibum said shaking his head at the lump of white tulle and lace in Kyuhyun’s arms.  Yesung may be the sweetest person on the planet but he had to have a limit right?  He already put up with Kyuhyun’s obliviousness and that must be painful to deal with.  Even if Yesung agreed out of pure love, Kibum wouldn’t let his favourite Hyung be taken of advantage of to such a degree.

“You’re just jealous that he loves me more than he loves you.” Kyuhyun said as he rolled his eyes, cheeks dusting just a slight pink.  This was embarrassing and he was glad it was only Kibum at the dorm to catch him getting his package.  He placed the folded white fabric on his bed before quickly disposing of the bulky cardboard box that it had come in, being the messy person that he was, it was just dumped half heartedly into the bin.

“Just what possessed you to even do this?” Kibum said as he scrutinised the material lying on the bed.  It was delicate and lacy, bows accenting every feature.  It was pretty.  For a girl.  He was still beyond baffled that Kyuhyun had even come up with the idea.  Yes, Yesung was one of prettiest males he had ever laid his eyes on but he was by no means a female.

“I just wanted to see Yesung-ah in a skirt.” Kyuhyun shrugged, smirking as Kibum sent him a glare.  The second maknae looked like he had a reprimand on the tip of his tongue, annoyed at the real maknae’s show of disrespect.  Kyuhyun never had a huge amount of politeness when dealing with his Hyungs but it seemed he didn’t even deem Yesung a Hyung.  To be fair, Yesung kind of indulged him.  He would casually call out to ‘Yesungie’ and the older man would roll his eyes and send him a look before Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his waist and kiss him up his neck.  Just because they were lovers didn’t mean that Kyuhyun could forget all things about honorifics.  The resounding click of the front door opening, the dorm relatively empty, signalled the end of the venomous glare Kibum was sending Kyuhyun.  “Looks like my Yesungie is home.  Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

And with that Kyuhyun brushed past Kibum and greeted a softly smiling Yesung with a blush inducing French kiss.

***

“How did you get me to agree to this again?” Yesung choked out when he felt Kyuhyun tighten the corset like ribbon at the back.  He was blushing bright red, clearly embarrassed by all the lace and ribbon that adorned the outfit that Kyuhyun had convinced him to wear.  All he remembered was Kyuhyun holding up the white material to his face, the maknae grinning before pulling out a comical puppy dog look.  As usual, Yesung melted.  He had tried to resist the failed cuteness that he deemed genuinely adorable but hadn’t succeeded.  And that’s how he found himself bent over the bed, small fingers splayed on the soft mattress with Kyuhyun behind him doing up a wedding dress.

“You just love me more than the entire world and don’t mind helping fulfil my fantasies about you in a dress.” Kyuhyun smirked as finally did up the last hook, tying up the bow that held the dress together.  He smiled at his handiwork and tapped Yesung lightly on the bottom which only earned him a kick to the shin.  At that moment he was damn glad he didn’t order the matching pair of heels with the dress.  It had forgotten just how violent Yesung could get when embarrassed.  As loving and sweet as he was, he could be stubborn and inflict pain when he wanted to.  How that much force came from such tiny hands and slim legs, he’d never understand.

“You already saw me in a skirt.  That time Hyukkie and Heechul-hyung forgot your birthday.” Yesung grumbled as he stood up straight, facing Kyuhyun.  He’d rather not give any attention to the lewd look the other was giving him though.  It was setting his face on fire.  Kyuhyun had this inexplicable ability to make him blush uncontrollably…. all the time! He could just be smiling and Yesung’s cheek would begin to heat up. 

“But that was only once!” Kyuhyun whined, encircling his arms around Yesung, his hands coming to rest on Yesung’s lower back.  He kissed the smaller male’s forehead, cheering on how Yesung immediately leaned towards him, small hands resting on his shoulders.  “And don’t you remember how cute you were handcuffed to the bed with that tiny little skirt?”

“I wouldn’t know.  I was blindfolded, remember?” Yesung mumbled, his cheeks burning even more.  He could still recall that day with painful clarity.  The way Heechul had actually drugged him with some sleeping pills before Eunhyuk effectively undressed him and bound him to Kyuhyun’s bed.  The idiots had forgotten Kyuhyun’s birthday and not looking forward to Kyuhyun’s wrath, had resorted to using Yesung as some gift. 

Kyuhyun had appreciated it.  But it was not something Yesung wanted to repeat.  He pulled away from Kyuhyun a little, knowing there was probably a smirk present on the maknae’s lips.  He quickly slapped a hand over Kyuhyun’s mouth, knowing that he had some comment hanging off his tongue, capable of making Yesung blush to his roots. 

“And we’re not going to reminisce on it.” He shook his head at the maknae, fixing him a stern look.  Kyuhyun whined from find Yesung’s hand before begrudgingly giving up.  He’d give in for Yesung.  Only Yesung though.  The lead baritone smiled before taking away his hand, lightly kissing Kyuhyun on the cheek. “But if we ever get married, I’m wearing pants no matter what you do.”

“What do you mean ‘if’?  I’m saying ‘when’.” Kyuhyun quickly remarked, noting how the mere implications he was making was making Yesung blush cherry.  The older boy slapped him across the head and mumbled something entirely incoherent.  It was about Kyuhyun being an idiot and an egoist but Kyuhyun paid it no heed.  He was sure Yesung was endeared by his confidence in their love.  Just like how he had thought Kyuhyun’s possessiveness was plain silly but also very touching.  “And think about it this way…” Kyuhyun’s hands wandered down to Yesung’s legs, fingers playing with the hem of the short dress – probably only used for very casual weddings.  It ended right above Yesung’s knees, the younger feeling daring and lightly brushing the skin there.  “It’ll make our wedding night so much more interesting.” He gently lifted the bottom of the skirt up, exposing more thigh, Yesung shivering due to the embarrassing touches.  “Think about how easy it would be for me to just spread your legs and you senseless.”

“Yah!” Yesung said snapping out of his Kyuhyun induced trance, slapping both of the maknae’s hands away from his legs.  He pinched both of Kyuhyun’s cheeks and smacked them lightly, causing the other to cringe and whine at the slight sting.  “Save the erted fantasies and cross dressing for the bedroom, okay?” He pat Kyuhyun’s cheeks lightly as the other huffed, giggling at the cute display of annoyance.  He reached up on his toes and kissed Kyuhyun on the nose, startling the irritated maknae. 

“Unless you’d like Siwonnie and Bummie to see me in dress?  I only let you see me like this.” Yesung practically sing-songed as he slipped right out of Kyuhyun’s arms, sending the maknae a positively playful look.  He did a mini twirl, sticking out his tongue as the skirt span a little a revealed some more leg skin.  It was obvious what Yesung was trying to do, with that teasing smile pulling at his lips and eyes just daring him to bend him over the table.  There were times when Yesung felt unusually brave and decided to twirl around; taunting and seductive, knowing he had at least enough importance in Kyuhyun’s heart to tempt him significantly.  It was rare but fit well with Yesung’s usually shy personality; especially with the slightly mischievous streak Yesung had lagging behind him.

“I take that back, I’d rather keep this ‘you’ to myself.” Kyuhyun said as he quickly strode up to the still bouncing Yesung, which was making his skirt fly up a few centimetres, and huddling him in his arms again.  Yesung rolled his eyes at the action, amusedly smiling.  Kyuhyun knew that was what the elder had been pining with that mini show of his.  “I want to keep all the fun to myself.”

“I guess it’s fun for you because you’re not the one in a skirt.” Yesung joked, smiling despite his embarrassment.  Kyuhyun leaned down to peck Yesung on the lips, light and innocent.  The elder giggled right after the kiss, Kyuhyun’s breath fanning at his lips, the maknae’s forehead pressed against his own.  Unable to withstand the rapid heart palpitations from all the love and care flooding the room, Yesung lightly tapped both of Kyuhyun’s cheeks, breaking the affectionate staring they were previously stuck in. 

“You seem to be enjoying yourself plenty in this wedding dress.” Kyuhyun smirked, referring to the series of twirls and bounces Yesung had displayed seconds ago.  He saw Yesung pout lightly but received an embarrassed slap to the back of the head as a response. He barely flinched.  He kind of got used to Yesung’s violence and often only reacted to overdramatize it and gain Yesung’s sympathy or coos. 

“I guess it’s more ‘fun’ than some of the others things you’ve had me try.” Yesung compromised with a chuckle, pushing lightly at Kyuhyun’s strong chest.  He traced his fingers up to Kyuhyun’s neck before pulling him down for another kiss, smiling as he felt Kyuhyun’s arms pull him closer.  The maknae pulled away first, too startled from the sudden show of affection to hold his breath properly.  He could feel Yesung’s baby fingers play with the ends of his hair while he played with bits of lace, smiling at the little things they did.

“You know what would be even more fun?” Kyuhyun said smirking, eyes sparkling at the prospect.  Yesung looked at him with the most suspicious of looks before relaxing in his arms.  He knew exactly what Kyuhyun meant by ‘fun’.  He had been his lover for years and friend for even longer.  Even before they were considered an item, it was hard to ever consider Kyuhyun as one in possession of an innocent mind, as that of any normal maknae.

“Will it lead me not being able to walk properly for several days again?” Yesung joked, raising an eyebrow at the taller.  Kyuhyun chortled and soon they were both laughing lightly, a little too used to their circumstances.  Yesung pinched Kyuhyun’s cheek just for fun before finding himself hoisted right onto the bed, the maknae hovering above him.  He smacked Kyuhyun on the shoulder, tempted to kick him between the legs to show him that his pride was a little hurt that Kyuhyun lifted him up so easily – as if he was some girl, but of course he wouldn’t do such a thing as it would cause Kyuhyun genuine pain and that was the last thing he wanted.

“Hmm… Maybe.” Kyuhyun hummed, inhaling Yesung’s bittersweet scent of coffee and vanilla, placing fleeting butterfly kisses on Yesung’s cheeks.  Yesung trembled a little from the ticklish sensation and wrapped both hands around Kyuhyun’s neck.  Kyuhyun kissed Yesung’s upper lip, teasingly kissing the man’s philtrum as well.  “You want to know what it is?”

“Enlighten me, brat.” Yesung growled playfully, not particularly enjoying the inside joke.  He had long abandoned his philtrum touching, squeezing and poking people’s cheeks satisfied his inexplicable need to touch people’s faces.  He especially enjoyed the concept of feeling Kyuhyun’s particularly squishy cheeks beneath his fingers, but the maknae never really appreciated the gesture.  Kyuhyun kissed Yesung’s philtrum again, just to annoy him, laughing as the petite male under him whacked him on the chest. 

Kyuhyun ran his hands down Yesung’s frilly and intricate dress, stopping by his hips to play with the bow that rested there.  He kissed down Yesung’s neck, occasionally at a mark he had made previously.  Yesung usually growled at Kyuhyun for the amount of hickeys he had to cover on a regular basis, but the maknae knew he secretly loved it.  It went to show just how much Kyuhyun wanted to keep him all to himself, how much he didn’t want to lose him.  He stopped his intimate affair with Yesung’s neck when he reached his Adam’s apple, kissing it gently.  He lifted up a little, getting in line with Yesung’s ear and blowing a warm breath of air into it.  He relished how the lead baritone trembled and blushed crimson, dazed eyes half lidded, surely with a problem in between his legs – which Kyuhyun would be more than happy to take care of.  Kyuhyun chuckled as he nibbled his lover’s ear lobe, every single hair on Yesung’s body standing up, his heart practically bursting from his chest.

“Taking it off.”

***

“You just like to take advantage of Jongwoon, don’t you?” Heechul asked slyly, face resting in his palm as he sipped his morning coffee.  Usually Yesung would be up and fixing the coffee for him after drinking his own, but he had heard from Kibum that Kyuhyun had bought Yesung a dress.  He had put two and two together and made his own coffee.  Yesung wasn’t exactly quiet either; he would have deduced what happened without any other hints.

“It’s not taking advantage of him, Hyung.  It’s completely consensual.” Kyuhyun quipped, shrugging his shoulders as he dug into the breakfast Ryeowook had put together.  He may be saying it casually, but he hoped Heechul knew that it was the complete truth.  Heechul may joke and tease Yesung about his relationship with Kyuhyun, making inappropriate remarks and occasionally pinching his buttocks, but beneath lay a fierce demon.  The diva had an over protective streak over Yesung and not even Kyuhyun would like to deal with him when he sees Yesung mildly hurt.  After Kibum and Siwon had given their initial threat, Heechul had been sure to promise Kyuhyun a life of hell should he hurt Yesung.

“It better be.” Heechul threatened dangerously before relaxing his tense posture.  He knew by now that Yesung was well and truly happy in Kyuhyun’s arms but Yesung was sensitive so the maknae had to extra careful.  The slightest slip off to send Yesung into a fit of depression and Heechul was fully ready to cause Kyuhyun bodily harm for not treading with caution.  He looked up to the clock on the wall and frowned at the time.  “What did you do to my poor dongsaeng?  Usually he would be up and about an hour ago.”

“I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, Hyung.” Kyuhyun groaned, sensing the implications.  Heechul knew about Kyuhyun’s erted streak and often suggested they try out especially lewd activities together.  Some things Yesung didn’t even know about and had even inquired Kyuhyun about them.  They had been the most awkward conversations Kyuhyun had ever had.  He knew about them, but he was not particularly ready to try any of them out.  He liked to be spontaneous to keep their life from becoming boring but he wasn’t that spontaneous. 

The only reason Yesung was still in bed was because Kyuhyun had seen him sleep so soundly and snugly in his arms, that he couldn’t bear waking him up.  He partially wanted to stay there, staring at Yesung’s angelic sleeping face but decided against it.  Yesung might wake up from how freaking loud his heart was beating.  And he was sure his lover would appreciate him having a cup of coffee prepared for him when he woke up.  Kyuhyun did have a heart and he’d gladly make its existence well known for the man in his arms.  Hmm… Maybe he was developing a romantic side.  It was probably his endless love for Yesung.

“And putting him in a skirt is ordinary?” Heechul said before sighing.  Knowing Kyuhyun, it was probably something that happened on a rather regular basis.  Judging from how shamelessly Kyuhyun stared at Yesung’s and legs, it wasn’t exactly unexpected.  He even saw a couple of pink skirts and dresses in the laundry before.  He had only guessed at the time it was Kyuhyun’s.  The maknae probably had a dozen more in a dozen other variations to dress his lover in.  “Aish, just don’t upset him.” It was a known fact that Yesung didn’t totally appreciate the idea of cross dressing.  He had never done so for a concert and for the fans, Heechul wondered if his pride was getting wounded from doing it for Kyuhyun.

“He was only upset that I wasted money.” Kyuhyun said looking away, gulping down the last of his eggs.  He remembered how eager he was and how stupidly complicated the dress had been.  He had been a little blinded by lust and the dress had come off eventually.  In several tattered pieces.  Yesung scolded him for ruining something brand new, wasting whatever he had spent on it.  Kyuhyun had quickly silenced him with a sensual kiss but now that he thought about it, it was a significant amount down the drain.  Heechul quickly caught his guilty look and immediately started cackling from the sheer hilarity.  Under Heechul’s amused gaze, Kyuhyun sipped at the turtle mug in front of him, trying to forget the money he had practically ripped up.

“Yah!  Isn’t that Jongwoon’s coffee?” Heechul pointed out right as Kyuhyun choked on the bitter drink.  Yesung liked his coffee black with only a few sprinkles of sugar, something absolutely disgusting to Kyuhyun’s tongue.  He practically spat right back into the cup and groaned at his work gone.  He had tried to be romantic and had immediately screwed up.  How he managed to keep Yesung was an absolute miracle.  Heechul just chuckled as Kyuhyun looked dejectedly at the cup of coffee he had slaved over.  Kyuhyun was absolutely clueless as to how to make coffee, as he disliked the drink, and had made at least three cups before he had deemed this one at least presentable.   “Wow.  You really are just an unromantic .”

“He may be unromantic and a , but he’s my unromantic .” Yesung said as he kind of limped into the dining room.  He smiled warmly at Heechul before wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s shoulders from behind nuzzling his nose into Kyuhyun’s neck.  Kyuhyun looked up to the standing Yesung and shivered as the elder placed a light kiss behind his ear.  Unable to resist, Kyuhyun pulled Yesung into his lap, pressing a good morning kiss to his lips.  “I think it’s sweet that you tried to make me coffee.” Yesung giggled as he kissed Kyuhyun, tapping him on the nose with one of his fingers.  “You’re more romantic than you think.”

***

Word Count: 6.4K

A/N: HI!  I’m not dead!  Yays? LOL. 

Well… I feel ashamed that I haven’t posted in so long that I forgot how I format things and had to go check… T.T Well, anyway, even though this is kind of like… copy-and-paste cuz it’s what I wrote for the KyuSung fest, I actually have something coming up soon ^.^ BTW I’ve been trying to edit my style and characterisation a little because my previous fics are just… complete disgraces to the literate world… lol so what do you think? I like to think the KyuSung fest helped me develop my style a little more but who knows? Haha. (I’ll be posting the other KyuSung fest fics I wrote as well ^.^ but I’ll space the posting out a little cuz… I’m lazy? LOL.)

And thank you, thank you, to my wonderful, brilliant Unnie midnight who helped me beta this… Honestly, all my works are such messes and need editing but I’m too much of a lazy to do it myself… So much thanks to her! And if you haven’t read her fics then… I don’t know what you’re doing with your life because they’re amazing with capital letters ok.

Til next time ^.^