Arashi Myth #2

Arashi Myth #2

 

One day, the five gods of the universe were down on Earth enjoying the nice beautiful day that they had created. They were enjoying the magnificent mountains, the soft grass, the friendly animals, and the beautiful blue sky that shone down on them.

During their walk, the blue god Satoshi came across a black and red box. “Look at this,” he told his brothers. “This looks like a box the demons have. We must disperse of this box so that it is never opened.”

The four other gods agreed, and they flung the box as far as they could so that it would land in the ocean and never be brought up. But what they didn’t realize was that the box floated on water and washed ashore without them knowing.

Two young boys, Ryosuke and Yuri, came across the box on the beach. “What a beautiful box!” they said. “A box this beautiful must be from a kind, and therefore must have some treasure inside.” But when the box was opened, a great black cloud escaped and covered the land so that the grass died and the sky turned black.

The five gods were as terrified as they were angry. “We must stop it before it turns the entire world evil!” they said. So they gathered in a circle and focused all their energy on a solution. The purple god Jun made it so that the mountains and earth would stand. The green god Masaki gave animals the instincts to run and find shelter. The red god Sho strengthened the human houses so they would stay safe. Then, the blue god Satoshi and yellow god Kazunari worked together for their final job. Kazunari brought forth dark black clouds, and Satoshi made wind and rain come from them. The rain and wind washed away the darkness from the world, and after the gods were done, the clouds and rain disappeared and the sky was a brilliant blue again.

And since then, the gods continue to rain on the earth to cleanse it from evil.

And that’s why it storms.