Chapter 2

Pale-Faced

 

 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
It was 2am and I was in the kitchen fixing up some coffee for myself. It's been at least 4 hourse since I piggybacked Taemin all the way to my house, and I can't help but feel weird and confused...and not to mention I can't ing sleep right now. Why did I even help the boy? He was a mere experiment I only work on from time to time. A lab rat with no meaning in my life. Oh, wait, that's right, he was an experiment I can't give up on just yet. I must keep him alive...It's a must, not a want.
 
 
*Thump*
 
 
I panicked when I heard the loud thump come from my bedroom, I sighed, placed the cup of coffee down and walked to the said place as fast as I could. Only to see a passed out Taemin on the floor...
 
 
"Aish, This boy...", I said, sighing once again. I walked to the lifeless figure on the floor, kneeled down and started shaking the younger.
 
"Yah...Yah! Lee Taemin! Wake up! Aish...Wake up!", I shouted. I was never a calm and collected person, if one doesn't listen to me i'd easily get irked. Though i'm trying to fix that for the safety of others.
 
"W-Where am I?", He slowly opened his eyes, moving his head from left to right, "Onew-hyung?", he looked at me, still trying his best to open his eyes, "W-What am I doing in your house!?", he screamed moving away from me. Now, he's finally awake.
 
"You fainted, stupid...and you're staying here today, you sprained your ankle too, so it's best not to walk for a while. No worries, I already called your parents--"
 
"How did you get--"
 
"You had a calling card in your bag, your parents aren't so fond of you are they?", I asked, helping the young boy up and placing him on the couch next to my bed.
 
".....You don't know the half of it...", he said. I raised my eyebrow, does he have a broken family? I wondered.
 
"Oh, well, you want me to make you something? Hot chocolate? Coffee? Tea?", he didn't answer, instead he stared at me, as if analyzing me. What is with this boy? "Hey, I asked you something kid", I tapped his forehead with my index finger.
 
"O-Oh! Sorry...um"
 
"Hot chocolate? Coffee? or Tea?", I asked again, slowly getting irked at his slowness.
 
"J-Just tea..please, thank you.", I nodded and headed toward the kitchen. When I started fixing his tea I heard some noise coming from my room, I cursed and let it go, I continued fixing his tea only to hear another loud noise come from my room, this time, it sounded like something fell. I cursed louder and headed to the room.
 
"Yah, Lee Taemin--Taemin?", I walked over to the boy on the floor and noticed his pale looking lips. He was unconcious for the second time tonight and my heart started thumping, I was panicking again. This wasn't normal at all.
 
"Y-Yah!", I shouted before putting my shoes on, "I can't believe i'm doing all this for you", I cursed, picking up the boy bridal style. I placed him in the backseat of my car and drove to the nearest hospital.
 
 
What is his issue? I'm starting to get confused. I hate confusion. It's a sign of a weak mind. And I didn't like the feeling. I don't like being weak. Cause if I am weak, I will learn nothing and if I don't learn anything i'll just be another dumb person to this already messed up society.
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Two hours passed and here I am, waiting in the lounge for those accompanying out patients. I played with my phone a bit and read a few magazines. I looked infront of me and saw a man and a woman. Crying. They looked like they were parents too, I guess their child isn't doing so well...That made me think though, was Taemin's parents ever there if the boy got sick? I mean, the kid always seemed so weak and pale. Almost like he's living death, if I may say so myself. He was skinny too, just skin and bones.
 
 
"Excuse me? Sir Lee?", a woman called. I looked up and stared at her for a while, sighed and placed the magazine down.
 
"Yes?"
 
"The doctor would like to meet with you"
 
"B-But, i'm not a patient--"
 
"We know, you're Lee Taemin's father...am I right? The doctor told me to call for you, this way please", she lead me to the room where Taemin was. My heart fell, he was still unconcious but he looked even more pale than when I first took him here.
 
"Ah, Mr. Lee, we ran a few tests and found out that your son has Pneumonia, and it seemed to have been progressing for atleast a week and a half without any medicine since his score is a solid 4..we need him under our care for a few days." . How the will I pay for his hospital bills-- my parents, wow obviously.
 
"Oh...I..I didn't expect him to have any illness, whenever I ask if anything is wrong, since he wheezes from time to time, he just tells me he's okay...and I believe him since he seldom gets sick", I lied. I have no idea about his health records and all.
 
"Ah, another teen hiding their problems, they really need to take better care of themselves...well i'll leave you two alone", the doctor said bowing before leaving the room.
 
 
And here I sat, near the lifeless boy on the hospital bed. I just knew more about him, but if I analyze all the things i've found out about Lee Taemin, his life isn't all glitters and diamonds, but fire and grundge. That made me re-think a whole lot of things. Did he purposely hide this side of him? Did he not want pity? But he gained popularity due to being fake and secretive. 
 
 
"..W-Where am I?", the boy suddenly woke up, startling me.
 
"T-Taemin! um, you're at the hospital--"
 
"W-What..? What!? Did you tell my--". He was panicking.
 
"No, I didn't. I didn't tell your parents. I'm paying for all the hospital fees, don't worry..", he calmed down and closed his eyes for a few seconds before looking at me.
 
"Onew-hyung...why do you care?"
 
"What kind of question is that, Taemin?", and I mean it! The heck he means by me caring!? I'm only keeping him alive until I know more about him and probably use the information for a new study in the future.
 
"Why do you care about me hyung? I mean...other's would all say I have it easy and leave me alone....some would even say "Your parents are rich aren't they? You can get anything you want! Your life is perfect!"...But you..how did you even know there's more to me?"
 
"What...What made you say that?", he grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly.
 
"Maybe I should give you a chance huh", he told me, smiling. What?
 
"What...are you saying Taemin?". I asked. I need to remember that Taemin is mere plaything, a lab rat and not someone I have any affection towards, but what does he mean by "give you a chance"? I didn't ask anything from him except a simple "backstage pass". No. I didn't ask for chances. Nor did I ask for affection! I don't know what this kid is doing or where he's going with this, but i'm willing to play along just for a little while.
 
"Thank you Onew-hyung...", he told me before he hugged me. It was unexpected and I had no idea what to do...but soon...I found myself hugging him back....why the heck did I do that?
 
 
A/N: Short! I know... Sorry for the late update, I totally forgot about my exams so I needed to pause this story first. BUT! I'm on my sem break ^^ so i'll update a tad bit faster now kekeke, please comment&subscribe!! ^^ No silent readers please ;A; for more info or if you're confused about something just contact me here: [email protected]