There's a New Girl in Town

Twinkle

Twinkle*_Chapter 1 : There's A New Girl In Town

 

Sulli can't hold her excitement as she take her first step out of the bus. She's finally here, in the middle of the city that she has longed for so long.

SM Town. The city of entertainers, where all the big artist and musician were born, the place where the biggest and the most glamorous shows were created, and a place where she hopes her dream would take place. 

Sulli is a 17 years old girl. She is simple-minded and often open to people easily. She's a carefree person and a dreamer. And in some other times too, she is a fangirl. 

"Oh My God!!! It's so awesome....!" Now, just like this, she has began to fangirling again.

She couldn't bear not to squeak and jumped around as she look at the big city around her.

---

Sulli, she was simply just a fangirl. Back then at her hometown, when she was still new to the entertainment world that SM Town gave, she can only watch TV, a small one that her family has in her tiny-simple house. Seeing her favorite idols on TV, she smiled, wondering to herself about how pretty and talented those idols are and hoping to be able to be like them.

Day by day her love of performing is getting bigger. So she became a performer in her hometown. She started to became the main lead for many plays in the theater club, she joined her school dance club and even choir. She loves to stand on the stage, to entertain people and making them smile. But those things unfortunately wasn't really appreciated in her hometown. And that's why she wants to move. To live in a town where she can express all her love of performing and receive a response for it. And for her, SMTown is totally the perfect place for her to make her dreams come true.

Sulli walked happily as she stroll around the big city with it's big road and a picture of her idols are displayed everywhere in the city. Her suitcase on her hand making a slightly big sound as she pull it along the way. The sky is so clear, it is a sunny day. There are tall and fancy buildings everywhere, and most of them equipped with a big LED screen where many of the Advertisements was done with a group that she liked. She giggled, couldn't believe it was true. It was like a town of dream. 

And she could see it, on the tallest building on the center of the city, on it's LED board, a show are being played.

"And now, let's welcome our 3 beautiful ladies. TaeTiSeo!!"

"Omooo!." Sulli squeaked again, a bit, before she finally take control of herself again and trying to be normal in the midst of many citizen of SMTown that was walking beside her too.

She look at the LED screen again with glowing eyes. Her favorite artist is there.

TaeTiSeo, a girl group consisting of 3 beautiful ladies, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun. Three of them known to have the best vocal in the world of entertainment at SMTown. Well.. that how she heard it. They are the most popular group that topped all the music chart these past years, and they have topped it again with their new single that just released not too long ago called "Twinkle".

"So, TaeTiSeo, can you tell us more about your newest single 'Twinkle'? I heard there is something about the tittle that connect with the place where you guys were first performed?" the MC asked.

One of the girl with a bright eye smile nodded and answer excitedly. "Probably most of you already know, our group was originally formed by a club in the city's theater named Twinkle. We have been through periods of ups and downs we had been up to now, there and out here. The theater was the first time we were together, and performed as a group. We want to remember them and also thank all those who have put us in this position. 'Twinkle' taking a very big part here, we are really grateful to them."

"Whoa,.. such a humble answer from our TaeTiSeo. We're sure 'Twinkle' must be very happy and proud to have you guys being at the top too." said the MC friendly.

The three girls smiled brightly. Nodding and continuing again to the next question and being a wonderful girls like always.

Sulli can't help but smile to herself as she look at the three girls on that screen, they just looks so perfect in her eyes. She can't help not to adore them and feel so moved by them. It's so wonderful to see her idol plus her role model once again.

A breeze is flowing trough her hair at that moment, sooting her. She felt a determination build up once again in her chest. Her hand was reaching for a note that has been kept in her pocket all this time. It's time for her too look at it again.

TWINKLE THEATER

Twinkle St. no 7, south SMTown - 089851395512

She smiled. Her dream is getting closer now. Twinkle Theater, yes that's where she's heading now. Her grip is getting tighter as she encourage herself one more time.

"You can do it, Sulli. Fighting!"

---

"Aish! c'mon!!.. We're so late. I need to see the show so bad!..."

"Hey, it's you that making us late by dressing up too much."

"Aah. Whatever. C'mon!"

Sulli is walking calmly on the Twinkle street right now. Searching for the theater that she is looking for carefully until she accidently hear what the two girls behind her are fussing about each other. Sulli thought to herself, 'maybe Twinkle that they're talking about'

As Sulli turn her head, wanting to ask about the theater, they already running so fast and they're passing her now. One of them said an excuse when she bumped a little to Sulli. Sulli can see the ticket that's on the girl's hand. It's Twinkle's ticket. Well.. she didn't need to ask. Now she just need to follow those 2 girls into the theater.

---

An upbeat music is playing when Sulli make her way into the Twinkle theater. She could feel the bass and some jazz instruments are playing inside there. There is a show that still playing right now. The 2 girls before must be late for the show. They just give the ticket to the guards carelessly and come in rushing.

"Luna is singing right now! Oh my god, I can hear her. It's Luna!" One of the girl shouted to her friend and her friend shout back excitedly.

"Yeah I know!.. And I heard Sehun would also make an appearance today! Kyaa.." 

They both squeaked together and Sulli can't help but to laugh at it. She just remember how she used to squeak like those 2 girls in front of her when she was in her hometown. But wait. Isn't she still doing it even in this town too, that moment when she startled at the LCD screen?

"Focus. Focus." Sulli shook her head as she trying to focus her taught to the first reason why she come into this place. It is to sign up as an entertainer. So she quickly make her way to the counter man and asked him,

"Excuse me, I want to meet with Mr. Sooman, the owner of this place..-"

"And who are you?" the man reply coldly. Didn't show any friendliness at all. His eyes even made it more cold. It's so sharp like a blade. His hair dyed blonde with a pink streak on the right. Isn't he look too eccentric for a counter man. And now he's leaning casually on a nearby wall, looking at... his nails?! Well it looks like it's manicured and it is pretty though.

Sulli even begin to look at her own hands. Well, compared to that man's hands it's pretty big. And such a shame.. it's not that pretty. World is so Ironic.

They were both fell silent for that brief moment, but Sulli try to keep up again. "My name is Sulli. I'm here to sign up as a new member here.-"

"Really?.. How? Don't tell me you're just gonna come in and pretend to be a new member then come out from this building in vain"

'What?' Sulli fell silent again. 'Geez, what's his problem? this man is irritating.' Sulli try to keep herself calm and keeping her thought only on her mind. She continued.

"The theater has held an online audition to pick 2 person as a new member last month. I joined the audition, sent a video and turns out that I was picked. It was announced 5 days ago, and they asked me to come to the theater for a clarification today. I can resign or take the opportunity, and choose to take the opportunity so that's why I'm here. I want to sign up as the new member." Sulli answer firmly. 

The man fall silent. He's not speechless because impressed or anything, just stay dead silent while scanning at Sulli thoroughly.

"I have a prove. He sent me an email to come here. I have printed it out," Sulli added. She open her bag and take one envelope from it. It's a letter, and there is a twinkle logo on it. She give it to the man and the man starting to scan again, now at the letter. 

It takes quite a while for the man to read the letter and Sulli become anxious. It takes a lot of time and struggles for her to even be able to join that audition. As a 'less affluent' girl in her hometown, it is quite hard to find a good camera to record her material for audition, she used her friend camera which the requirement for it wasn't easy. It's also hard for her to send it online and keep updating about it. She doesn't have a computer, so she went to the internet cafe everyday instead. Plus she also need to do all the other requirement and it's not like her parents would let her join some audition like this every time. Sulli has begged a lot for it, even sacrificing her monthly cash. So it's gonna be really hurt if all of her effort just gone away like that.    

"Ahem.." Sulli cleared . "..So.. Can I?"

The man in front of her still didn't show an expression at all. They both fall silent until finally the man nodded. "Ok. You may come in."

"Yeah!!" Sulli screamed a little.

the man said his words flatly while giving the letter back to Sulli. But Sulli is surely cheering up after that words come out from his mouth. 

"Ah.. thank you. I will not disappoint you. And... so.. where is Mr. Sooman?" She talked so fast while her hand is also busy placing her letter back to the bag. The man answer, as calm as before.

"Firstly, Miss. You do not talk with Mr. Lee Soo Man, you would talk with his great assistant instead." he said. "And to do that, you just need to come to the show room, find someone who dressed like me in the back, and tell him to take you to Mr. Kangta." 

"Oh.. So Kangta is his great assistant?" Sulli slowing down a bit as she try to receive all the new information she got in today.

"Yes. I think you should go to him right now. He likes to wandering around all by himself, in ten minutes maybe he would already gone from his usual room and no one -unless they're lucky- will be able to find him."

"Oh. Okay." Sulli nodded enthusiastically. She is ready to go now. "..But hey, how could you talk about your boss in such a casual tone like that?" Sulli giggled a bit there.

"You would soon doing that too, Miss. Since you're going to become one of us too right?" The man answered teasingly. He smiled a with a little bit of smirk and Sulli felt it was... entertaining. Hmm

"'H' ha..'" she laugh at a cute coincidence there. Maybe it's just her delusional mind but it seems that the statement that said 'all of the person that comes from twinkle would be entertaining.' is true.

"Thank you for letting me pass, and sorry to say but I will not come out from this building in vain! Hi hi.." Sulli grinning happily as she bowed and walk away from the man before her and heading to the main studio cheerfully.

The man smiled slightly at her. "...Sure. Congrats."

---

"Mr. Kangta, there's a guest for you."

The room was pitch black when the staff that lead Sulli to Mr. Kangta's room opened the door.

Sulli can hear a soft voice coming out of the room as a reply. It was so soft, so soothing, warm and kind. She thought this Mr. Kangta must be a very good man.

The staff look back at Sulli again after a reply from him.

"You can come in now. Don't be so nervous He's not scary." the staff giggled a little after patting Sulli's back. This staff is a 'She'. And she is totally friendly.

She was jumping cheerfully when she heard that Sulli is going to be the new member of the theater, and Sulli is really grateful for that warm welcome. Unlike the guy on the counter before. 

"Remember to smile. Mr Kangta loves smiles" she said it happily, with her fingers reaching the tips of Sulli's lip and create a smile on Sulli's face. 

Sulli return it with a cheerful eye smile until the staff finally leave her on her own. 

"Good luck!" She said it as she walks away.

"Thank you.." Sulli can feel her heart at ease now. The encouragement from miss staff is truly a good thing for her. It's not that good to feel nervous after all. This is her big moment and she has to convince herself to be strong, firm and confident.

--

"Ahem. Good afternoon." Sulli started it firmly. Didn't forget to put a smile on her face but it was probably wouldn't be exposed too much after all. The room was too dark to even see a thing. And Sulli can't see anything except a silhouette of a tall man standing on a balcony facing the main studio of the theater. He enjoyed the show that is still running.

There is no answer for a moment, but then the man suddenly turn around and grab her hands. He pulled her to his side, closer to the balcony. Sulli startled at it. She walked to the balcony awkwardly until she finally stand right beside him. She can see his face clearly now. He was smiling, so friendly and warm. On his coat pinned a name tag. It spelled 'Mr. Kangta'.

"Look at the stage." he said calmly.

Sulli immediately obeyed him and looking at the stage. A girl was singing so powerfully now, accompanied by a group of orchestra playing an upbeat music another dancers surrounding her. She sings with a dynamic tones, various expressions and a bit of dancing here and there. Her blonde hair flipped everywhere as she dance energetically on stage. She is tiny, but she has more than just a big spirit when she stand on the stage. 

"Wonderful isn't it?"

"Yes." Sulli nodded.

"I know why you're here. Key have informed me already when you're still on your way here with Hyejin." he explained. 

Sulli immediately record it on her mind. So the friendly staff that lead her here is Ms. Hyejin. And the cold counter man is.. Key? What a name..  

"You want to become a member right?" said him again.

Sulli answered surely. "Yes."

"Hmm." He nodded a few times, still smiling and looking at the stage. "It's been a long time since this theater got a new member." He said. "It's always a happiness for me seeing all the members perform on stage. Because every time I see them I can also see all of their dreams and hopes coming true. And I guess... I will be more happy from now." He looked at Sulli and smile again. 

"Because I just got myself another dream and hope to look at."

---

"Bravo!... bravo!.."

Cheering and applause from the audience can be heard clearly from the balcony of Kangta's room right now. Sulli is still in that room, alone with Kangta. She didn't actually believe that after the short conversation with him, he just let her stand there, with him, comfortably watching the performance of the show that night. It was awesome like how it's supposed to be. Well.. hell yeah of course. It's Twinklees (nickname for twinkle members). And like the people used to said or how Sulli used to heard, all of them are incredibly pretty and handsome, naturally attractive.

Anyway, now, the two of them has moved on to the center of the room. Kangta sat comfortably at the big sofa while Sulli still standing in front of him, following him, looking innocence unintentionally. He look at the CV that Sulli brought that day. Looking at it briefly and start interviewing her.

"So,.. your name is?"

"Sulli" she answered it clearly.

"And what talent do you plan to major?"

"Well, I can sing and dance, but I think my biggest talent is in acting and I'm going to try majoring in that."

"Hmm... it's a 'Musical' then. I'm glad to hear that. It's kind of hard to find an acting talent these days."

"...,Huh? what" Sulli shocked. asking a big 'What' in her mind.

Isn't musical supposed to be harder? Not only dancing or singing and acting, she even has to do the three of them in the same time. She didn't think her ability would pass that.

"Aish... don't worry, kiddo. We have trainers here. They can train your dance and singing skills. And if you practice enough you may be the next new performer for our musical stage." said Kangta still so calm.

Sulli only nodded. She surely can't give any comment on that. 

"You see that lead female in the musical we just watched. Her name is Luna. When she was recruited she originally majoring in the dancing field. But after a few practice we realized that she has a big potential in singing, and just a few months before we also see her potential in acting. So now she has become a musical talent member. Who knows,.. maybe someday you can be a top dancer too."

"Oh.., yeah." Sulli nodded again, awkwardly. It's like Kangta already knows her weaknesses. Dancing is her biggest weakness.

"You know, Sulli, in twinkle we're demanded to be able to have a large range of ability and switching with the other major ocasionally.

"hmm..hmm.." Kangta giggled a little. Making a humming sound out of his closed mouth. "Well... since you're new. You must've been clueless and curious about the place that you're going to spend your life with now. so let me take you for a brief tour in this twinkle theater."

Finally Kangta close Sulli's CV and place it on top of his desk. Sulli didn't thought tough that the interview would be as fast as this. He slipped her CV between a blue map on the center of the desk. When he opened it Sulli can see vaguely the file below, with a photograph of a young man at about her age. He has a black hair and a sharp eyes. Sulli thought it must be the other winner from the audition. 'What was his name again?... T-... Ta.... Tae?...' Sulli smiled as she looked at his photo again.

He.... looks cool

Ha ha.. Sulli laugh to herself. What am I thinking about now?

"So, Sulli. Are you ready?" Kangta asked her suddenly, making her startled for a moment.

"Ah.. yes." 

"Hmm hmm." Kangta laughed at it slightly. "Youngsters. I know what were you just doing right now. You tried to look at the other male competitors from the audition right?"

"Uh?.."

"Oh, It's okay. I understand. I was once a youngsters too. Haha" said him cheerfully while patting on Sulli's shoulder lightly.

"But... that's not what I meant."

"Ssst. now the tour has begun. Okay. Miss Sulli, as you know we are know just leaving the room that we called Twinkle's office. This is my working place,-..."

Like Kangta said. The tour has begun. Now they're strolling down the hallway going to another room with Kangta's hand still cling on to Sulli's shoulder comfortably. Like a dad leading her daughter kindly.

Sulli is at her happy mode right now. Kangta who's supposed to be her boss feels more like a dad for her, or a close uncle. No wonder the counter guy before, Key, was so relaxed about it. 

"Oh.. I forgot! How old you are again?" Kangta asked in the middle of the tour.

"I'm 17 years old now."

"Wow! Seventeen?" Kangta looked shocked. He stopped for a moment.

"Y-Yes." Sulli replied a bit stammered. 'Why did he look so surprised?' "Am I look old?"  accidently Sulli replied it bluntly.

"Uh?" And Kangta was even more surprised by the reaction of Sulli.

'Damn, Sulli. That was a stupid reply'  she cursed herself for that. But it turns out that Kangta just laugh it off after that.

"Ah... you're so cute, Kiddo. of course not. You look perfectly young and pretty. I'm sorry. I'm just too happy because on the last few years we mainly got our self a new member, but they're all... well.. a bit old. I mean their age is fitted perfectly for this generation but not for the later on. Whilst we actually really needed a young member like you to continue run this theater. We are so happy that you're in. And I'm glad to say that Soojung finally got a peers."

"Soojung?" Sulli wondered. She stared innocently at Kangta.

"Ah.. you'll find out about her later. don't need to be so rushing. Anyway.." Kangta bring out another topic as them both take a turn to the left and arrive at a hallway with many doors on the right side. While the wall on the left side is bright colored, like a golden glitter with many poster hang on it. "..This is our waiting room."

"Whoa.." Sulli makes an 'o' with her lips. It's just so mesmerizing, the place where the artist used too sit around. interacting with each other on stage, and cheering lively after the performance they have completed.

"Haha. It feels awesome isn't it? well you have to get used to it. This will be your next second home too." said Kangta happily. "Oh... and we are still in the front section. There's a few more at the back, the one which is more often used by our member."

They're moving on. Still on the waiting room area. Sulli looked at every spot excitedly. It is a dream come true after all.

On the middle of the hallway, Kangta's mind interrupted by a slight curiosity. He asked softly,

"'Sulli' is a unique name. I haven't heard that before. Is that your real name?"

Sulli answer it lightly. "No. Actually it's my nickname. My real name is Jinri, Choi Jinri."

"Wow. That's a beautiful name too."

"Thank you." Sulli smiled and bowed too at Kangta for the complement.

"Any meaning behind it?" He asked again.

"Hmm.. the meaning is.. 'the truth'. That's what my mom said." Sulli explained as she smile more brightly.

Kangta looked contended. As he heard Sulli's explanation he smiled. "And that is indeed a meaningful name too." He said. "Well then, Sulli, because your parents have been sacrificing so much for even letting you go here, and for all other competitors that you have succeeded to passed too, you mustn't let them down. From now on you have to commit to do your best on your duty and training, to maintain the reputation of Twinkle and also the name of your family. And just like you name, you have to promise to keep true to your self and be the best you are. Promise?"

"Promise." Sulli smiled confidently. Her eye smile appears. Hearing encouragement from Mr. Kangta is like being a child again and advised by a fairy godfather in fairytale.

"You have a pretty smile I like it." Kangta suddenly , making Sulli startled again and start to laugh embarrassed. 

"Ha ha ha.."

*-ti-ni-nit*

Suddenly Kangta's phone rang in the middle of the joy. There's a massage. He look at it and by the looks of his face, it seems important.

"Ah... Sorry, Sulli. I think I have to go back to my office. There's something important."

"That's okay." Sulli answered right away. If Mr. Kangta has something to do. He should be doing that. She think he has helped her more than enough now.

"Is it really okay? Ah.. it's too bad. our tour haven't finish yet tough."

"Yeah.. he he.."

"Don't worry. I'll be back soon. Just wait here." Kangta patted Sulli's head and then bowed to Sulli and Sulli replied it with a bow too, a ninety degree one.

"Don't go anywhere okay." said him again while his feet walking back to the main office again. 

"Okay." Sulli answered from afar. That tour has too end. but at least it ended with a smile. Sulli hesitant though that Kangta would be able to come back here again. And moreover in a brief time. So she started to looking around all by her self. But not that faraway. She's still in the waiting room area.

She walked to the next waiting room, a bit blankly at it. All of the rooms are closed. Maybe because they didn't really use it now tough. If she can just open it and see what's inside of it. Her eyes still wandering around uncertain until suddenly a special spot on one of the doors caught her eyes. The door is titled on the top. It's 'TaeTiSeo's Waiting Room'

"Whoaa..."amazed by it. She just stood there, looking at it without words, transfixed. He giggled creepily, just like what her thoughts starting to like now. He thought, 'I can touch it.. * o * ...'

It's like the time has stopped for a second. Sulli can not pay attention to any other things besides that at the time, until suddenly there's a sound coming from Sulli's back.

"Hey, Girl, right there. Are you lost?"

"Huh?"

Sulli turned around, and she became speechless as she saw 2 figures, both are men, standing behind her. One of them with a tanned skin and casual clothes. He hold a small bouquet flower on his hand. While the other one has a white skin with a sharp chin. His clothes is more flashy with his hair is also styled and there's a bit of make up applied on his face.

Man.., Sulli was speechless. And she can't even think of anything more now. As they keep looking at Sulli intensely, Sulli can't help but to yell on her mind.

Damn. These boys are handsome.
  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Continue to Twinkle_Part 2_Introducing The Twinklees

So that was the first chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it. It maybe not the best. I feel that I'm still lacking big in many parts. Especially grammars,.. and probably vocab too. Geez... I have to learn English more. And you can see that I added a few more artist already in this first chapter. Yes. Actually I like too add new things randomly. It's just suddenly popped on my mind. So now you know a few more character that's going to play in this story too. There is Key, Kangta, Luna, Soojung, Ah... Hyejin is a fictional character. I didn't think of anyone when I wrote her name. Is there any artist by the name of her anyway? if there is you can tell me. And this chapter is still Sulli centered, because she is the main girl and this is her first time too. Anyway there's still more characters to come. As you see the next part titled as "Introducing The Twinklees" Twinklees is a nickname for every member of twinkle. So next part would surely be loaded with many interesting character plus the story of Theater twinkle it self.

And there is a spoiler too. Who do you think is the boy who won the audition that Sulli entered too? It could be unexpected. And don't you think Key is too special and unique for being placed just to be a counter man?
I also wonder, If there is really an SMTown. How would that city would look like for you? Share your thoughts on the comment. 

^ ^ And again, thank you for reading. I hope you subscribed.
Bye the way, I'm sorry that I probably wouldn't be able to update all of the chapters quickly. Because I'm still busy with school too. Maybe I can update it at least 1 or 2 weeks at usual. If I have a chance.. or a short break in my study and a luck too, maybe faster. ^ ^

Good luck for all the SMTown too. It's close to year-end. Let's hope all of our idols get their trophy proudly. SMTown hwaiting! ^ ^