Admiration

One of the Guys

 

"Really? What else did she say?" I asked in curiousity. I moved closer and stared at him intensely hoping to find out more about him.

"Whoa~ aren't you a bit excited. She didn't really say much. She just said that they're both cool and awesome dancers, that’s all." I frowned. I thought I could get more information than that. I guess I set my expectation too high.. Wait, both awesome dancers? So B-bomb can dance too? Ohoho I would like to see that! Though he never struck me as a bold guy. Meh~ I'll believe it when I see it.

"What? Why are you frowning? You're expecting more aren't you?" Zico teased, raising his eyebrows up and down. Kyung's head suddenly appeared beside him. "Who were they anyway?" I glanced at him, he then saw me and straightened up.

"Yeah do tell us please," L said curiously beside me. I told them everything just like what I told Kyung.

They were both grinning when I finished telling the story. "Is there something wrong with your mouths?"

"You like him don't cha~" they both said in unison putting an arm over my shoulder.

"Like I said to Kyung, I'm only admiring him as a fellow dancer. What? aren't you allowed to do that?"

"Yeah yeah yeah," L said sarcastically. I pinched his nose. "Ow ow oww~!" He rubbed his aching nose.

"Well, we're turning this way now. See you guys later," Zico said. "See ya~!" Kyung chimed beside him.

"See yas!" they turned around the corner and they're gone.

"Are you really sure it is just an admiration?" L asked still rubbing his nose.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you were talking highly of him earlier."

"Well he really was great and I only met him twice so I don't think that's enough to assume that I like him." Though I must admit, I was pretty excited when I talked about him to them and Kyung. And I was really happy when I saw him in the store earlier. But, I'm not sure if that's how someone feels when they 'like' somebody.

"Whatever, sooner or later you'll figure it out on your own." I frowned.

 


 

Kyung's POV

"Yo what am I going to do? She likes her. I think she likes her, though I'm not sure if it's just admiration like or like like. Na ottokhae?" We're on our way home and I'm stressing that I could lose Maki from someone else. I have been imagining that Maki and I would go home today with just the two of us alone, that's why I didn't go on the group date. I should’ve known it wouldn’t happen.

I burrowed my head on the hands. "Hahaha! Calm down!" ZIco said putting his hand on my shoulder. "How can I calm down!"

"Hahaha! Kyung for all we know is that that was just her second meeting with him. Don’t fret over it yet."

"Yeah but can't you tell by the way she praised him that’ he was great and all," I said looking up from my hands.

"Ok ok it can't be helped but to think of a plan to get her to like you.” He put an arm over my shoulder. “Though I doubt she'll feel it, she's really dense when it comes to realizing her feelings."

I nodded in agreement. I put an arm on him too. "So what's your plan?"

"First let's research more of who you’re competing with."

"Let's call L, maybe he can help too with his ‘resources’."

"Yeah. Then for the mean time try your best to woo her," he winked.

 


 

"Who was that on the phone?"

"No one, just a friend."

"Hmm~ You seemed excited when you were on the phone talking to your 'friend'. Or could it a girlfriend~" I teased. L rolled his eyes.

"Anyway~ Ne Maki-chan, tomorrow's Saturday, so what's your plan?" he asked searching inside the fridge for something to eat, while I was on the couch surfing the tv channels for something to watch.

"Ha? Nothi.. Oh, wait.. I need to study," I answered.

He suddenly looked up at me from the fridge. "Study? Did I hear you right? Is the world already ending already?” I rolled my eyes.

"Well I have no choice since I failed 7 quizzes and Umma was really upset about it. Though I'm not really sure if I can improve my grade.. Wait.. I'm not the only one who needs studying," I said eyeing him.

"What?.. I know I know. Ok I'll study with you tomorrow."

"Ok!"

"Oh, how about we invite Zico and Kyung. Kyung needs it as badly as we do, then Zico can tutor us!" he suggested as he pull yesterday’s leftovers out of the fridge.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea. But I doubt we'll be able to concentrate on our study when we’re together,” I said grinning.

“It’ll be fine! I’ll call them now.”