Destiny In Your Eyes

Destiny In Your Eyes (Oneshot)

(A/N: Please pardon your fail!author :( I have decided that I will give you the first half of this story because I realized that I have made you all wait too long. Sorry! The second part is longer than this one and will make more sense towards explaining the title. I hope you guys don't kill me so I can still finish my stories. <3 And please don't hesitate to let me know what you think. )

 

Kyuhyun didn't believe in things like destiny and soul mates. Kyuhyun thought that the words fate, destiny,  and soul mates were only for the hopeless romantics. For those stupid enough to believe that there is always someone for everyone. And Kyuhyun wasn't one of them. He hated the idea that the one he will end up with had already been predetermined. He firmly believed that life and its consequences were the product of one's choices and decisions. Kyuhyun knew he wasn't alone in his line of thinking and even if he was he didn't mind being one against the world. He had his own mind thus, his own beliefs after all. He'd let time and the world itself prove him wrong or right. He was sure it was more of the latter though.

 

Kyuhyun had his life planned. He had it mapped out. Well, as planned and mapped out as he can. Despite his family's, mostly his father's, disapproval Kyuhyun went on to pursue his dream of being on stage. Singing and performing for hundreds of thousands of screaming fans, that was his ultimate dream. He had to convince his first and worst critique, his own father, that he'd do well in the field he had chosen. Cho Kyuhyun after all did well in everything he had ventured in so far. The consent didn't come without strict conditions though and Kyuhyun had to work doubly hard in order to comply with it. He assures that being accepted in Super Junior was due to his awesome natural talent  and hard work. It was entirely not predetermined.

 

When ten out of twelve members of Super Junior didn't welcome him, much less acknowledge him as the new maknae, Kyuhyun didn't resent them. He knew it wouldn't be smooth and easy. The twelve had been together for a few years. They have built a wall, akin to a fortress, around them that Kyuhyun knew he would have to break down or jump over in order to become a welcomed addition and not an outsider. It was tedious, bothersome, and sometimes just downright heartbreaking but Kyuhyun persisted and insisted. He broke their walls one by one. He started with the two of his age. They were easy compared to the others. They were of the same age which meant there was no generation gap and they were both a bit insecure of themselves. He went after the leader afterwards, taking advantage of the fact that the man had a natural protective nature. Heechul and everyone else followed. They slowly, albeit reluctantly, accepted him and Kyuhyun swears it was all because of his irresistible charm and determination. There was nothing about it that was predetermined. Nothing at all.

 

Kyuhyun soon after noticed that despite the fact that he had become a welcome part of the group, there was still a certain someone who was wary of him and kept him at arm's length. He observed how that certain hyung was sweetly caring and affectionate towards Kibum and how he always seemed to coo at Donghae. That certain hyung was a skinship addict who'd take every opportunity presented to him except towards him, towards Kyuhyun. Yewook and Yewon were official pairings but that didn't stop his aloof hyung from having skinship with the others on and off stage. It puzzled Kyuhyun greatly why Yesung accepted him and acknowledged him but didn't let him in. He couldn't attribute the coldness and aloofness to the man's weird nature. Actually, he couldn't attribute it to anything at all.

 

When KRY was formed Kyuhyun thanked the powers that be at the company not for recognizing their talent or for acknowledging their important contribution but for giving him a chance to finally get closer to the man who had kept him at a safe distance. Kyuhyun tried so hard. He really did. But the other man seemed to have built an impregnable fortress around his heart that only Kyuhyun could not penetrate. The task seemed impossible if Kyuhyun wasn't who he was. KRY was his golden opportunity and he intended to make the most out of it, taking every chance he can to get even just a little bit closer to the very elusive man. After months that felt like forever and much effort from Kyuhyun which included massive usage of aegyo that he learned from  Sungmin, Yesung finally warmed up to him to the point of being praised for always being the first one to be beside him when he got tired. Kyuhyun couldn't have been more proud of what he'd like to call as his achievement. Why not? If Yesung stayed up until midnight just so he could be the first one to greet the maknae on his birthday then his date of birth has gained a more meaningful significance than just him counting another year of existence.

 

Kyuhyun soon decided that out of all the Super Junior members, all of whom are older than him, Yesung would be his favorite. The man they fondly call Naggy Yesung was simply adorable in Kyuhyun's opinion. It is true Yesung would sometimes nag like a woman, sometimes making Leeteuk pale in comparison but Kyuhyun noted that Yesung only did talk much when it was necessary. By necessary, Kyuhyun meant when the others are fooling around when they were supposed to be serious or when they are badly in need of reprimand. Sometimes Kyuhyun would do something annoying or somewhat outright outrageous just to provoke the usually quiet and reserved man. He would then take delight in the fact that Yesung cared enough about him to scold him when he stayed up well into the night playing Starcraft saying he would rather see an evil, prank-pulling maknae than a sick one. He even liked it when Yesung would tell him off for acting like a complete idiot sometimes. But it gave him more pleasure that the older singer would immediately soften and smile at him warmly when Kyuhyun his charm offensive to make the kind-hearted hyung forget that he was mad at the maknae just moments ago. All because he was a sly but charming little devil, Kyuhyun would think proudly to himself. There was certainly nothing predetermined about that.

 

For Kyuhyun, life was all good and everything went smoothly. Not until that night. The night of the accident was something Kyuhyun never thought life would throw at him. Somewhere between life and death, Kyuhyun's life changed but it didn't change his personality much nor his views. It was an accident that could have happened to anyone and although it happened to him of all the billions of people in the world Kyuhyun emerged from it with a thankful heart. He struggled again and fought hard against the physical obstacles this time that came as an aftermath. But this time Kyuhyun was really thankful because all his hyungs supported him. Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin all helped him to regain his confidence in dancing as he pushed his once broken bones to the limits of endurance. But most of all, he was thankful for Yesung. It's a known fact that Kyuhyun could have lost his voice permanently if his father had not went against the doctor's advice for tracheostomy but Kyuhyun wouldn't have regained his confidence in singing if not for Yesung. Yesung spent hours and days helping him, singing note by note and line by line. Kyuhyun had always wondered how his favorite hyung was able to put such raw emotions into each song he ever sang. When Yesung told him that the  emotions he put in his songs come from pain, joy, hope, despair, and from going through things in your life that changes you in different ways like death or near-death of people you hold dear in your heart. Kyuhyun could only nod and felt as though he would be singing a little differently than before.

 

He loved the attention that Yesung showered him to the point that he wanted it all for himself. He started feeling a prick in his heart whenever Yesung was not paying attention to him but to others instead. Kyuhyun then resorted to constantly bugging and teasing the man just to have his attention. At first the other members thought that it was because Kyuhyun was just being Kyuhyun, the spoilt maknae. Then later on, they thought it was just because the two lead vocals were close and the maknae just wanted to see how far he can go before Yesung breaks his promise of not getting angry with Kyuhyun. The other members didn't find it strange that Kyuhyun would always tease the group's lead baritone but they found it intriguing that the evil maknae would afterwards ask for Yesung to forgive him if he had in any way caused the elder any discomfort or distress. It was intriguing simply because the snarky, evil Cho Kyuhyun never asked apologized to any of them except to Yesung.  Kyuhyun never told anyone how it made his chest painful whenever Yesung sighed in frustration because of him or when he would bite his lower lip forcefully to hold back any angry words that he might have wanted to hurl at the youngest member. Seeing Yesung like that never fails to make Kyuhyun feel regretful because the fact that he has caused his favorite hyung such discomfiture didn't sit well with him specially within his heart.

 

Kyuhyun wasn't a moody person. Well, not that he allowed his mood to change swiftly and drastically. He didn't have female hormones to make him vulnerable to mood swings so he wondered why his mood would change whenever he was around Yesung. Or when he wasn't around. It made Kyuhyun confused how Yesung's absence and presence affected him greatly. As his own mood fluctuations more and more noticeable with each passing day, Kyuhyun began questioning himself. He thought long and hard about every possible reason until he got mad at himself for not finding a perfectly sound and conclusive answer. Not until one KRY concert in Japan. Sungmin had caught him glaring holes at Donghae's back while the fish was talking animatedly to Yesung while they were in the make-up room.

 

"If you stare any harder, Donghae's back will have more holes than there are craters on the face of the moon." Kyuhyun turned to glare at Sungmin this time.

 

"Stop spewing nonsense. I don't know what you are talking about." Kyuhyun huffed in annoyance as Sungmin laughed heartily.

 

"I didn't know that the great Cho Kyuhyun would be stupid when it comes to love. Admit it, Kyu. It's so obvious it's more glaring than the midday sun in summer." Sungmin taunted the maknae further as he kept glaring daggers at the two on the other side of the room.

 

"Shut it, Min." Kyuhyun hissed as he saw Yesung touch Donghae's cheek affectionately. He didn't notice that he had balled his hands into fists at his side if Sungmin hadn't pointed it out.

 

"You're not possibly thinking of punching anything....or anyone, are you?" Kyuhyun could hear the snicker in Sungmin's voice even without looking at him so he turned to face the other man and gave him Cho Kyuhyun's most hateful glare. He was about to tell Sungmin to shove his head into some foul-smelling hole where the sun never shines when he heard Yesung call them.

 

"Kyu-ah, Sungmin-ah." He turned around to face his favorite hyung and gave him a smile that failed to hide the murderous glint in his eyes. Luckily for him Yesung didn't notice.

 

"Yes, Yesung hyung." Kyuhyun answered as sweetly as possible while breathing deeply to calm himself.

 

"Come here so we can take a picture." Yesung beckoned for them so they walked towards where the two stood facing each other while Yesung urged Ryeowook to stand up from the comfy reclining chair. Donghae positioned himself to Yesung's left and slung an arm around the older singer's shoulder which only heightened Kyuhyun's displeasure. Sungmin couldn't help but chuckle at the maknae's furrowed brows as he watched Kyuhyun struggle with his own feelings. Kyuhyun didn't appreciate the fact that he was being laughed at when he was desperately trying to keep his anger from boiling over so he stomped on Sungmin's toe harshly effectively turning the latter's laugh into a grunt of pain. Kyuhyun stood at Yesung's right side close enough for their shoulders to touch. He grinned happily as Yesung s an arm around his waist. He smiled towards the camera as their manager counted down the shot, while silently plotting in his mind of ways to drown a fish without being caught.