Chapter 1; The Men

The Princess's Men

You laid in your room as the Sun rose; you were all ready to meet your 'Men'. They were called your assistants, but of course, they were more than that.

Changhyun said from outside, "Your Highness, are you ready?"

"Yes." You found yourself speaking with confidence.

You opened the door sideways and walked outside.

Changhyun then said, "Breakfast today would be in the Royal Dining Hall."

You inwardly groaned as Changhyun stared at you, bemused. He knew you dreaded those days where you have to meet up with your sister.

Changhyun then took your hand and led you forward, "But it's okay! I heard Byunghun-ssi is going to be there too!"

"But wouldn't this make it all worse? You know she wants him too." You sighed as you then entered the Hall with Changhyun.

"Good Morning, my father." You did a bow as Changhyun did the same.

"Good Morning, take a seat ~~~~-ah." Your father, the King, smiled warmly at you.

Changhyun then led you to sit beside Byunghun, one of your special assistants.

Byunghun greeted you as he asked sweetly, "Did you sleep well, Your Highness?"

You nodded as you saw Byunghun put food on your plate. "Eat well." Byunghun motioned for you to start eating.

You were about to dig in as your sister, Princess Chunmyung, sauntered in.

"Good Morning, Daddy!" She went to peck your father's cheek.

"Yes, Good Morning Chunmyung." The King motioned for her to sit down and eat.

You rolled your eyes as you saw Byunghun grin at you. He mouthed a 'Bimbo' and you immediately burst out laughing.

"...Oops." You muttered.

"Manners and dining etiquette are the most basic and fundamental aspects of Royalty. What a surprise that you, ~~~~, don't have them... Are you sure you share the King's real blood?" Chunmyung asked sarcastically.

You saw Byunghun clench his fists but you quickly retorted, "I am sure I am of the Royal Blood as you are. By saying that I am not, Chunmyung, means that you do not find yourself Royalty too?"

Chunmyung could not register what you said as Byunghun then smirked and said, "Finish up your breakfast, Your Highness, and we would go horse-riding!"

You nodded at Byunghun once again and quickly finished your food. You said your farewell to the King as Byunghun held your hand and brought you to choose the good horses.

Being of royal blood, you took charge of riding the horses; you chose one with a white beautiful mane as Byunghun helped you to get up and straddle the horse while he climbed after you and sat behind you on the horse.

"Ready?" You said as you wrapped Byunghun's hands around your waist.

"Y-Your H-H-Highness..." Byunghun managed to stutter.

You chuckled as you then started riding the horse with a blushing Byunghun behind.

 

It was soon afternoon time; Choi Jonghyun's time.

Your assistants always had this time-table; the three of time catering to you at different time periods. Since Byunghun was for the morning, the younger would be in the afternoon, whereas the order would go back to the oldest, but most fragile amongst the men, Lee Chan Hee.

Your afternoon activity with Jonghyun was archery; you could say that it was what made you special- as compared to Chunmyung that is. She could not even kill an ant to save her life. While she played hide-and-seek with her own men, Jonghyun prepared the bows and arrows for you.

"Thank you, Jonghyun." You smiled at him as he rubbed the back of his neck, blushing softly.

"My pleasure, Your Highness." Jonghyun smiled at the ground.

You let out a soft chuckle at the youngest of the men and took the equipment. You aimed at the target and you immediately scored a bull's-eye.

"Wonderful!!!" Jonghyun clapped happily as you showed a shy smile.

However, Chunmyung was quick to dampen your mood as she walked past the archers' field. "What kind of a women do sports?" She sniggered.

You were about to say something but Jonghyun was too fast for you.

"Women who have the knowledge, the skills and the wisdom do much more than just fun and play. Princess ~~~~ is one of these women; they are worth so much and also, they mean so much more than those who spend their time partying and playing. Princess Chunmyung, I hope you know which category you belong to." Jonghyun said with confidence and charisma.

This was one of the reasons what made Jonghyun the most mature out of your assistants.

You allowed yourself to kiss the cheeks of Jonghyun when Chunmyung stomped away, whispering a, "Thank You.", to the reddened Jonghyun.

 

The Sun quickly set as your last assistant of the day came to your side. He would also be the one who would lay beside you in the night.

It was Lee Chan Hee's turn today.

He bowed as he greeted you, his voice tender and soft.

"Good evening, Your Highness." He whispered softly.

There was one thing you never got about this man; he was the oldest amongst your assistants but he was the only one who allowed himself to be protected and cared for by you. However, what surprised you was that you would show him the most care and concern with the most love as compared to everyone else in your life even though you were the Princess.

"Good evening, Chan Hee." You took his hand and interwined it with your own.

"Have you eaten?" You his smooth milky-white cheeks.

Chunji nodded his head as his eyes grew tired and he rubbed them cutely.

"Should we retire now?" You asked him as he nodded once again.

"You know... I would prefer if I get more response to hear your beautiful voice..." You opened the door of your room and led Chan Hee in, with Minsoo, your guard outside of the room.

"S-Sorry, Your Highness." Chan Hee spoke timidly again.

You frowned a bit at that and brought him to your bed. You let Chan Hee lie down first as you played with his hair.

"Did anyone bully you today? You can, wait, you must tell me, Chan Hee." You said gently.

Chan Hee sniffed a bit as he then shook his head fervently.

You could see through his lie. "Tell me who." You spoke out.

"N-Nobody." Chan Hee mumbled as you then furrowed your eyebrows, which made Chan Hee give in.

"T-The s-scholars in the p-palace... They said I was a w- and a p-play-thing for the P-P-Princess..." Chan Hee bit his lips so as to not let his tears fall.

You sighed as you laid beside Chan Hee and hugged him, "Do not ever let them affect you, Chan Hee. Whatever they say, you know that you are one of the most important things in my life, you hear that?"

Chan Hee smiled at that and your heart bloomed in happiness too.

 

What else could you ask for than these wonderful assistants?

 

 

 

A/N: First chapter up! Thank you all those who have subscribed before the first chapter! Do SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT (I want to know your thoughts on this^~^) ENJOY.