Chapter three

When snowflakes fall

 

Minho entered his house, tired and confused he threw his keys in the key bowl, and walked into the kitchen.
 
Throwing off his shoes he walked into towards his bedroom.
"I guess I should explain."
The voice stunned Minho, the petite boy standing against the kitchen counter.
 
"Taemin? How did you get in?"
The younger would not look Minho in the eyes, he stared at his feet.
"Umm... I am kind of an ..." Taemin muttered too soft for Minho to hear.
"Taemin." Minho held his shoulders and pulled his chin up. "Seriously, just tell me the truth Tae."
"I'm what you'd call an angel of grief..."
Minho was silent, he didn't know what to say or even if he should believe him.
"It's my role to help people deal with grief and loss and then I am forgotten."
"Urghhh..." Minho rubbed his temples, "this can't be real."
"It is, I come to those who have trouble letting go."
"Why did you lie about Key?"
"I didn't lie about knowing Key."
"He said he didn't know you."
"He doesn't remember me." Taemin's eyes were glistening with tears. "He was one of my charges 3 years ago when he lost his grandmother." 
 
Minho just dropped his hands and began to walk away, he felt horrible about seeing the boy cry but this was so much to take in.
Taemin petite hands encircled his wrist as he stammered, "Please believe me, you said you liked me."
When Minho turned back around and stumbled into the stool Taemin continued, "you said you liked me, but I can't like you. It's not apart of my job."
"Ok, then can you just leave..."
"But..." Taemin continued ignoring Minho's request, "I think I actually do like you. And it scares me because all I am here for, all I was ever here for was to take in other's sadness not their love."
 
Minho couldn't hold it in anymore, he pulled Taemin down and placed their lips together. He could feel Taemin tears touching his own cheeks but the younger responded moving his lips against his.
 
They pulled apart from the chaste kiss and Minho smiled up at Taemin who was trying to wipe his tears away. "Then please don't go, don't leave me. I willbe sad forever if I have to."
Taemin giggled making Minho's hear skip a beat, "I don't think you can really do that."
"I can try, can't I?" Taemin pulled Minho up for another kiss, this time deeper as Minho encircled his arm around Taemin's waist and Taemin held onto Minho's hair. 
As they pulled apart for air, Taemin covered his mouth and laughed, "I guess that means I can stay, right?"
 
-------
 
"Taemin, I'm home." Taemin heard Minho call from the door. It had gone further into winter and Taemin hadn't received any other charges so he had decided to make Minho a warm dinner. He prepared a whole feast and set up tea candles. He spent 
all day preparing it and now he was just waiting for the chocolate mud cake he prepared for dessert to be ready.
 
Minho came into the kitchen and saw the romantic date Taemin had set up and smiled. Taemin's eyes lit up as he looked at Minho marvel at his creation and he smiled along with him. 
"Taemin," he called, "where are you?"
 
Taemin's smile dropped. He was now standing right in front of Minho and He stared right through him.
 
Minho left to search the bedroom, bathroom and the balcony for Taemin, calling out the younger's name. "Seriously Tae, this isn't funny anymore, where are you?" Minho called out in panic.
 
Taemin still in the kitchen dropped to his knees. Sobbing and crying silently he gripped his apron. Was Minho now too happy that he's no longer needed, Minho will completely forget the pain of losing Min-ae and with that Taemin be forgotten.
 
"There you are." Minho was relieved to find the auburn head next to the kitchen. He was shocked and saddened to see his angel crying. Running and dropping next to Taemin, he enveloped the younger in his warm embrace and let the him cry into his chest. "What's wrong Tae, where were you?"
 
Taemin still muffling his sobs turned to Minho and kissed him passionately. Minho kissed back and pulled Taemin to his feet, "I love you so much."
Minho kissed Taemin again this time more hungrily as he tugged on Taemin's hair. "I love you too." 
 
He quickly pecked his lips once more and turned towards the dinner Taemin had prepared. "So, did you do all this?" 
Taemin wiping his tears away, smiled weakly up at Minho. "I still have a mud cake in the oven."
"Mmmm." Minho commented his lips and making Taemin giggle. The infectious sound hitting Minho's ears and making him unconsciously smile widely at his boyfriend's cuteness.
"I'm going to go take a shower and then our date can begin." Minho said walking towards the bathroom, "unless you want to join me?"
"Minho!" Taemin  chuckled and smacked Minho's shoulder at his fowardness, "just go."
 
While Minho was in the shower Taemin was again disheartened, what if when Minho returned Taemin was no longer visible again.
 
Taemin just decided not to think about it, instead he got dressed into the same sweater and scarf Minho saw him in in their first and second meeting, it actually wasn't the first time Taemin saw Minho. He remembers when his charge was Key seeing Minho and Jonghyun visit him. Minho was younger and much happier but a lot shyer since he had just come to Seoul. He was fascinated by the tall frog like boy who had had no prior sadness surrounding him. But  the boy laughed at Key for having imaginary friends. Key soon didn't see him either then he no longer had any recollection of the beautiful boy that had helped him grieve. Remembering this Taemin was started to cry, it had happened so many times before, no one remember after all he's just sadness in their lives. They always forget the pain in their lives, will Minho forget just like the others?
 
 
"Taemin." Minho called as he stepped into the kitchen. Taemin was sitting at the small dining table and smiled when he saw Minho. Minho smiled affectionately back and pecking his lips sat opposite him. 
 
They ate how they had grown accustomed to dine the last few weeks. Minho told Taemin things about his day, work, Key, Jonghyun and Onew. Taemin just smiled, he didn't really have a life to talk about so he just prompted Minho to talk.
 
Minho was getting much happier every day with Taemin. Seeing his smile, Minho forgot about all the pain and actually accepting Min-ae's death. But today finding Taemin crying, Minho couldn't help feeling that something was wrong.
 
"Are you alright?"
"Huh, what do you mean?" Taemin was still contemplating what would happen but pretended nothing was wrong.
"Well," Minho didn't know if he should bring it up or if it would make Taemin more upset, "You were crying when I came home."
"I'm fine." Taemin put on a smile, "it's just I have another charge and their story is so sad." It was a blatant lie but he hoped Minho couldn't tell.
"So you usually cry for you charges? Did you cry for me?"
"Yes, you lost a sister that was very important to you. Seeing you depressed kinda put me in that sort of mood."
"But you were so hyper."
Taemin pouted, "hey I wasn't that hyper!"
Minho laughed at his childlike cuteness and pecked his pouty lips.
 
 
They were sitting eating the mud cake on the couch, hands entwined and Taemin laying on his chest cradled in Minho arms. Every time they kissed, Taemin's heart ached a little more, every time Minho intwined their fingers , Taemin felt awful. He knew he'd be gone soon, at least in Minho's eyes.
 
 
"Hey look Taemin," Minho said glancing at the balcony window, Taemin pushed himself up. "It's snowing."
He pulled Taemin off the couch and out on to the balcony. 
 
Minho reached out to catch a falling snowflake, it melted on his hand. "Hey Taemin, your right, it does melt."
Turning back around, Taemin was no longer there. "Taemin, Taemin?"
When noone answered Minho started tearing.
"Bring him back," he shouted into the wind, "I need him, I'm still grieving."
 
Nothing happened.
 
Just because it disappears doesn't mean it wasn't beautiful while it lasted.
 
 
An; so here is the last chapter. Hope it wasn't that difficult to understand. So read enjoy and leave me your thoughts