Louder Than Thunder. [SooSica]

When Darkness Turns To Light. [oneshot series]

I've started my 2nd oneshot first instead for my dear friend, SooSicaBiased, due to concluding exams i congratulate you with this reward :P

Hope you enjoy!

Oh and either you find it, or I give it to you when you actually finish :P

 

I like this girl, her name is Jessica and I’ve liked her for a while. Of course, I’m just one of those dorks who always sit in the back of the class and don’t do anything.

While Jessica is such a heartthrob to the rest of the class, she is one mysterious girl, like not even I understand her sometimes.

What hurts me the most is the fact that my sister, Yuri likes her too, but unlike me, Yuri is noticed and I’m still a dork that no one really cares about.

I’m still in class but thank god the bell rings so I can get out of this hell hole. I’m quickly packing up my things but the so-called queen comes along. Oh I hate her so much, that Tiffany.

“Hey dork-freak.”

I try not to make eye contact with her, but all I get is a bump to the shoulder and my face meets the floor.

“You’re an alien, so foreign. I think you should go back to where you came from.”

It’s okay. I’m used to it. I am a dork that no one likes anyway.

All I care about was just seeing the beautiful golden presence that still lingers around in this classroom. Why is she so beautiful?! I’m going crazy.

We’re the last two in the classroom, I was just so happy and I wanted to say things to her, but of course, my dork-like personality makes me trip over a freaking desk!

“A-a-are you okay?”

Jessica pops up slowly to check up on me!

Oh my god! She noticed me?! Ah jeez. What to do?!

Our hands make contact with each other, like woah her hand!!

 “Y-yeah… I’m sorry!”

Out of nervousness and the thought of her thinking I’m weird, I ran out of the classroom bumping into my sister.

“Oh hey Sooyoung! Is Jessica still in there?” Yuri smiles at me innocently. Yeah I will never get that chance ever. I walk away slowly, while the thought of my own sister and my first love on a date or even at my house! Ugh that’s so bad!

----

I first fell for Jessica, watching her arch in archery club. Oh my god, the way she launches the arrow, how it’ll always hit the bullseye. My heart flutters every time, but the fact that Yuri is in the same archery club and how Yuri will always approach Jessica so coolly.

It makes everyone think they’re a couple! ARGH! I keep hearing whispers of how cute they are or how they make the ‘best couple’!

The weirdest thing is that, people don’t even notice but whenever I go over to look at Jessica, I find her already looking at me and that makes me feel hot.

Maybe just cause I’m Yuri’s sister. HMMMM!

Agh, Jessica is too beautiful for words. The reason I hang out at the archery club more often Hahaha!

Oh no… Yuri is approaching her again…

It hurts because they actually look fit for each other! Why wasn’t I born as great as Yuri was!

Alright can’t take any of this I’m going home!

-------

“Hey Sooyoung! Choose! Which one would be best as a present for Jessica?”

I see a box of perfume in one hand and a super cute stuff toy holding a basket of mini roses. What a romantic my sister is! I just heavily sigh in defeat, trying not to sound shaky as I answer her question.

“T-the stuff toy looks better. I-I mean you put the roses and that looks nice…”

“Oh! Thanks Sooyoung!” Yuri jumps happily and runs back to her room. The things I do for my sister… It hurts me so much.

It’s not like I was going to give my present to Jessica on her birthday. Yeah her birthday is coming up and I have all these presents I hand-made for her… I just never got to give it to her since I’m like a ‘nobody’, but it’s okay.

All my feelings are put into the things I made for her, like this year! I made her this charm bracelet, which took me like 2 weeks to make! I’m glad it’s done. Haha, and time to put it into the stack of presents made for Jessica, like always…

Actually, I’ll just wear it, for luck I guess…

------

And today is Jessica’s birthday! It looks like Jessica won’t be left alone today, like always every year. Yuri is obviously already at school. She goes to school early due to her weird timetable.

She takes advanced classes unlike me, she’s a smart person who achieves a lot of things while I just eat and my grades are of the level of my cooking skills!

As I walk to school, I see a familiar yet flawless figure come my way.

JESSICA!!

She’s beautiful as always, even in the morning!! I brighten up like a dog that waits for its treat! Of course there’s the other school students around here that only notice Jessica and are really ignorant of me!

The lights go off, and seeing Jessica walk so effortlessly and so coolly. There’s a little puppy that runs up to her. Seeing her pick it up and give it a little bit of affection, oh she is so cute!!

What would it take for this to be quiet, quiet like the snow?

And since the lights just finish, I hear a car speeding up. OH NO JESSICA!!

I know this isn’t much, but I know I could be better.

I run out subconsciously to move Jessica out of the way. I don’t care about who watches me, I only cared about Jessica’s safety at that moment!

I don’t think I deserve it, selflessness. Find your way into my heart.

I took Jessica in my arms and moved us both on the other side of the road. I landed on my side so I wouldn’t hurt Jessica further. Oh my god. Her arms are around my neck and she’s shaking!!

Stars could be brighter, our hearts could be warmer.

She slowly opened her eyes and didn’t flinch at all. I guess this my chance to talk to her!

“A-a-are you okay?”

Her eyes widen and then it goes back to normal. She nods smiling. WHAT A RELIEF! OH MY GOD! She didn’t reject me!!

I help her up and she hugs me! This isn’t the Jessica I knew of! AH! She is definitely full of mysteries!

I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around then I feel a slap to my face.

“YOU TRIED TO HURT JESSICA! WHAT A WRONG MOVE DORK!”

Jessica just stares at the commotion and leaves, the rest of the people following. I sigh heavily, I saved her! SAVED!

That was no ordinary stare though… it looked like a pained stare, like she couldn’t do anything or tried to protect her status. I guess I understand.

-----

“Happy birthday Jessica!” and “Will you accept my present?” were the two main things I heard today. The thing is Jessica rejected every one and thanked everyone politely. Good thing I wore the bracelet today.

Do you think I’ll have a chance?

Oh here comes Yuri. She happily strolls up to her and asks to accept her present. Oh yeah, I hear the fangirling and cheers coming as Jessica accepts and here comes the proposal of being her girlfriend.

Yeah my life is over. Have a greaaaaat life with my sister!!

“No, I’m sorry Yuri, I can’t accept this.”

What? NO? YOU REJECTED MY SISTER? What?!

Seeing pained expressions on my sister’s face as Jessica walked away. Oh… I wonder what’s going to happen!!

I walk to my next class, but because of the transition time between classes, I came early so there was time to spare. Luckily Jessica was in my class! Oh I can just stare at her all the while. Oh I’m so creepy!

I lean on my arms and stare at my own hand-made bracelet with ‘Jessica’ engraved on it.

“So I’m waiting for my present…”

Huh? I look up and it’s Jessica!! RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Her smile so beautiful!! But why would she want my present?

I look around and there’s people giving us looks and glares!

“Y-y-your present?”

She points down at my wrist, at the bracelet I made for her. WHY WOULD SHE WANT THIS?!

“T-t-this?! This is nothing haha I mean why would you want something like--“

The next moment I felt fabric around my neck and, warm lips on mine. I’m not dreaming am I?! I couldn’t process what was happening, it was all a blur.

SHE KISSED ME?!

“Wow, I’ve wanted to do that for years…” She whispered to me after pulling back cutely.

“Y-you liked me?!”

“Was that wrong?” Jessica pouted.

We kept getting surprised stares and chatter. It was my time to shine, my first love who loved me back. I’m not backing away now! Even Yuri was watching intently.

I slowly took off the bracelet and moved forward to Jessica. I confidently utter the words.

“Will you accept my present, Jessica Jung?”

Without hesitation she rose up and kissed my lips again. She took my bracelet and put it around her wrist in midst of the kiss. I just felt like flipping tables at that moment!

After pulling back, she smiled and lifted her arm, showing everyone the bracelet.

“I already did, Choi Sooyoung.”