Admiration and Wine

Enchanted

 

I smiled awkwardly and my hands fumbled inside my bag to find my handkerchief.

“You look brilliant in that dress,” he started, giving me a glass of wine. “Not that anyone else can pull it off nicely.” He smiled.

I didn’t know if it was a good counter or not, but I thanked him and said, “You look handsome in that suit, too. Not that there’s anyone more handsome than you here.” I giggled and felt myself blush.

He laughed shyly and thanked me. We spent the next few hours drowning ourselves with compliments, laughing our hearts out at every funny thing we do, see, or basically talk about.

Our short talk was interrupted by the emcee of the event, announcing that the CEO of the company has a speech to share. We directed our attention to the man walking up on stage and applauded. I didn’t turn around, but I saw Seunghyun applauding lightly too.

The speech Mr. Park gave was an unexpectedly short one, and I was essentially happy. I turned around only to find out Seunghyun wasn’t there anymore. I scanned the room hoping to find him, but I was dismayed.

I sighed and sat on a stool when a hand gently landed on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my dad smiling, telling me that we should go home. I nodded and followed him out.

The trip back home was longer than the usual, especially when my thought kept echoing his name. yes, him – the guy who got me enchanted and got me wrapped in mystery. The guy who, truthfully, made me fall in love, Choi Seunghyun.