Final

Why Did I Say "Yes" Again?

"LISTEN!!!!"

"Ganjue dao meiyou~"

"Neukkil su inni~"

Jinri and Soojung respectively continued with EXO's History lyric in both languages. I sighed.

All of their heads turned to me, "What?"

I cleared my throat and laughed hysterically, or I could say shamelessly. Well, there wasn't anybody in the room besides me and my cousins though, Jinri and Soojung. Two perfect creatures. And it was 2AM in the morning, we were still browsing the internet and watching some movies in Sulli's room.

I stopped laughing slowly, "Guess what!"

Jinri furrowed her eyebrow, "What?" I sighed, "You know, I have one of my schoolmates who perfectly looks like..... THE SINGER WE ALWAYS TEASE!!!!"

 

 

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"OH MY GOD REALLY?" Jinri was now rolling on the bed laughing and so was Soojung. She was practically had tears in the corner of her eyes. "OH MY GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS," she breathed. "Okay actually there's nothing wrong with being looked like him, but why did we laugh again?"

I laughed again, "I don't even know. I like his songs, you're the one who didn't like him!" I said pointing at Jinri who was still laughing. "What? Me?! Oh yeah, right. DON'T YOU EVER SING HIS SONG IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN!" she scoffed. I glanced at Soojung who had the same thought as me.

 

 

You could count until 5 then you would see a screaming Jinri under the pillow, covering her ears from my and Soojung's singing that singer's song. Oh I love my life. 

 

Well, not really.

After I said that to my two brainless cousins, they started to whine at me for his picture and informations. I didn't even know why, I really stalked him and silently took his picture and sent it to my cousins via KakaoTalk. What did they reply? A long laugh with capslock. I just laughed it off. This doppleganger of the singer in my school was that funny, I mean his face. He has the singer's jawline, that black hair, and his smile really resembled the singer I always talk about with my cousins. Not that we hated that singer nor we were his antis, it was just Jinri who didn't like the song because the way Soojung sang along made her annoyed and started from that time, we always teased this poor singer. Now, his doppleganger was our victim of tease too. 

"Chen" I said. "Huh? Is he Chinese or something? Cheen?"

I shrugged my shoulder, "I just heard his name is Chen. Not ee, but e." I feel like teaching a kindergarteners to read.

Soojung was nodding like a kid and pronounced his name right.

"You know, one day I was sitting on my usual spot besides the window and I saw him passed by. I really tried hard to hold my laugh because my strict teacher was teaching in the front..." I told them and they were laughing like wild dolphins again.

Jinri breathed, "I think you should get to know him more. What's his name again?"

"Chen," I answered not looking away from my phone. "Yeah, right! That Chen guy! I bet you two will make a good couple!" She giggled with Soojung and I just rolled my eyes. "Never." I mumbled and they laughed again. 


One Tuesday, Jinri came over to my house to teach me with Physics. Oh, and she wanted to taste my mom's cooking. She missed it. I heard commotion downstairs and yep, she was already there with my granny, peacefully eating spoon by spoon of my mom's soup. "HIIIII!" I excitedly waved from inside and walked to her.

She scrunched her nose and sighed. I laughed, "You're so ninja!" She smiled smugly, "Of course." We sat there in the terrace of my house and laughed because of some internal jokes. Funny, our granny just sat there and watched us laughing like a retarted monkeys. I love you, granny. Jinri finished with her soup and put the bowls back to the kitchen. "Ah... I'm so full," she mumbled and rubbed her flat belly. I shook my head at her. She came back and sat to her current seat.

"Hmm... what to do..." she said in a low voice and her eyes brightened at my lifeless phone on the table. I didn't realize that I was playing with her phone. "Yah, in this picture Himchan was so cute!" I squealed as I showed her a picture in his phone of Himchan. She just nodded in agreement and busy with my phone again. I didn't mind though since she always does that. So I opened her KakaoTalk to see some of her contacts....

 

and....

 

 

 

 

"WHAT. THE. HELL?!?!" I shot her a glare which she responded with a big grin that turned into a laugh afterward.

I hit her continously, and she just laughed. I harshly snatched my phone back and my eyes widened.

 

 

"DID YOU JUST-" she just grinned at me.

 

Name & Status Message

Lee ______

Cheen

 

My mouth gaped open. Thank God she didn't write it right. BUT STILL.

 

ERGH!!!! I hate her. "HAHAHAHAHAHA" she laughed like a maniac in front of me who was frowning. I quickly changed my status and put my phone locked on the table. I narrowed my eyes at her, "How could you?!"

"I just wrote 'Cheen'!"

I smirked, "You wrote it wrong, dude. Get better luck next time!" I laughed. She shrugged her shoulders, "Well, at least I made your status changed." 

 

It was getting dark so we walked in to the living room. Yes, granny had gone in half an hour ago. I the TV and switched some channels. There wasn't any good programs at that time so I just tuned Disney Channel that was playing Phineas and Ferb. Jinri's favorite. She sat down on the sofa and spread her legs across the sofa and left me no space to seat.

"Move!" I hit her legs. She grinned and moved her legs down and I plopped next to her. I put my phone on the sofa between me and her and I leaned back on the backrest. We were watching the cartoon while talking about some guys and yeah, girls stuff... or should I say school stuff?

I my forehead, "My physics scores are horrible. I feel like I'm worst in that subject," I whined. She turned to look at me, "Where's your physics book then? You said you wanted to ask me about it, right?" She asked. "Oh, right!" I stood up and walked to my room to get my physics book. I left my phone on the sofa....

 

 

unlocked.

You can't leave your phone with Jinri, unlocked. Nope, you won't like it. I came back and saw she was innocently watching the cartoon. I glanced at my phone and I felt like nothing happened so I just plopped next to her. "Here, what's this supposed to mean?" I asked her pointing a question. She studied the question, "Oh, this is about electric current!" She began explaining about that sigma symbol that confused me a while ago. I nodded in understand and closed my book after she finished explaining. We rested and watched the TV again. 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated.

 

1 KakaoTalk Message

 

To be my surprise, it was one of my classmates. 

"SO YOU LIKE THE CHEN GUY HUUUUH?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

 

I turned to look at her, glaring. "YAH!!!!" I hit her with a pillow. She laughed again. "SEE?!?! My friend chatted me and said, 'YOU LIKE THE CHEN GUY HUH' HAH HAH ERGGGGH I HATE YOU!" I hit her once again and stopped. I looked at my status message.

 

Cheeeeeeen

 

"GOD DAMN IT, CHOI JINRI!" I glared at her but she just laughed on the sofa. Nothing was funny enough to be laughed off. I frowned at her and texted my friend  about this annoying cousin of mine. Thank God I just had few friends in my contact list or else I'd rest not in peace. I put my phone down and made sure it was locked. This girl in front of me was still grinning like an idiot, receiving my death glare.

"I HATE YOU" I emphasized every word of that sentence.

"Hey, what's so wrong with that?" she asked.

I inhaled, "He's a jerk, Jinri." She looked confused, "Huh? Like what kind of jerk?"

I frowned, "He hates me and my friends. He said that we were all noisy and stuffs. Well, so what if we're noisy? Like the other girls in school aren't that annoying with their wails and clingings." I glared again at her, "AND NOW MY FRIENDS WILL TEASE ME THAT I LIKE HIM AND ET CETERA!" I scoffed and looked away.

She laughed and nudged my arm, "Yah, maybe he was just on his period?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Ha ha ha, not funny Jinri. Since he always on this you called period every single seconds, minutes, and days that I meet him." She turned her body, "Seems interesting~ now spill"

I sighed, "Okay. So one day I came to my friend's class which unfortunately was also his class. I did nothing wrong at that day!!! I just stood there waiting for my friend when I heard a grumble next to me, 'dog sheet'. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO DESCRIBE HIM?! Bastard? ? Jerk? Since I literally did nothing but he said that as he passed me! ERGH. I really hate him."

Jinri looked shock since she widened her eyes, "Really?! Whoa, he's so mean..."

 

"HE'S A MEANIE. LET ME TELL YOU, HE'S THE MOST ANNOYING JERK ALIVE THAT YOU'LL EVER MEET, YOU'VE EVER SEEN.

 

 

AND I HATE HIM."

I crossed my arms on my chest as I looked forward. Jinri seemed still in shock state that she couldn't say a word after my statement. Yes, I will forever hate that Chen-chen guy.

 

Believe my words.


"KIM JONGDAE! KIM JONGDAE! KIM JONGDAE!" everyone cheered loudly. Too loud, that I had to cover my ears from the screams around. 

I scrunched my face, "What's this commotion about? What-" I turned my head to be greeted by a white petals in front of me. The scent of the flower was speeding through my lungs. BREATH. My eyes widened.

 

 

The bucket of petals down and you were greeted by this someone. You furrowed your eyebrows. "HI!" He greeted excitedly. 

 

I didn't say a word. Both of you stood still and so was everyone, they were waiting for my response. Too bad, all of you wouldn't get any response from me.

 

 

Like everytime this happens.

You blinked at him and sighed, "Don't you get what I said the last time you gave me these?" He blinked on his spot, "But it was red petals last time-" I put a hand in front of him, "I. DON'T. LIKE. FLOWERS. Got it?" and I walked away leaving him.

Everyone went "Ah....." and they separated in their ways. Chen straightened and smiled, he caught up with me. He smiled, "I'll just deliver these flowers to your home later." I stopped on my track and titled my head to see him. I needed to looked up a bit since he was taller than me. He was grinning innocently and part of me....

 

 

 

strangely....

 

softened?
Oh, impossible.

 

"Whatever." I said and walked away again. He just stood there and smiled at my back disappearing in to my classroom. Chen felt a light tap on his shoulder, he looked up to see Baekhyun. He shook his head, "How did you end up falling for her again?" Chen grinned again, "Because... she made me changed my ideal type?" Baekhyun chuckled, "I don't understand you, Kim Jongdae. You said you really hate her?" Chanyeol appeared at Chen's other side, "Yeah, and it was... a year ago?" Chen laughed, "Guys, the thing that important now is... I fell for her. I've been falling for her. It's my first time to be like this, and I'm planning to make her my first girlfriend." He said proudly and walked to his class, leaving the two laughing at him.

Yes, Kim Jongdae was going to confess, for the first time, for who?

 

Meanwhile, I was sitting on my chair and looked outside the window. The event earlier played on my mind. Chen gave me flowers, again. I didn't know what was his purpose.

 

 

Lie.

 

Of course I knew. My friends had been telling me that he had a crush on me. But really? Like it had been a year already since the first time he laid his eyes on me. Oh my God, 'laid his eyes on me'. Like I was so invincible. Like... it was impossible. We were enemies, remember? I had the urge to kill him and so did he. We cursed at each other and we nearly fought like literally fist fight. I sighed but then smiled. 

 

Did he really mean it? That one statement that made him change his attitude towards me?

 

 

"Whatever."

"You really seem to like that word so much, huh?" I turned to be greeted by him, again, for this day. I had enough. I sighed and looked away from him. Still, I could see his lips quirked up, "Meet me after school at our tree." I turned to him in confusion. Really? Our tree? Did he just get tutored by Baekhyun for greasy cheesy thingy or something? Oh, nevermind. He's already an expert when it comes to this. I shuddered remembering those cheesy texts in your KakaoTalk from him that you had to block him from your contact list. 

"Hello?" he waved his hand in front of my eyes. I shook my head, "No. I won't go." He pouted, "WAEEEE?!" I shurgged my shoulder, "Simple. I don't like you."

"But I like you." He said bluntly. I almost choked my digestion organs out of my mouth. What is this creature in front of me?!?!

He panicked and began pat my back, "Are you okay?" I held his hand to stop from patting my back, I don't want my respiration organs jumped off too. "I'm okay..."

He sighed in relief and went back to sit. No, he wasn't in the same class as me. He just... gave me a daily visit. Which wasn't rare for everyone in this school. "So, what do you think? You're coming, right?" He slightly pleaded with his puppy eyes and he even clasped his hands together. I didn't have anything to attend afterschool anyway... "Okay." His eyes brightened, "YEA-" "In one condition. Do. Not. Make. Something. Funny. Later. And the funny means, you know what I mean." I said sternly.

He smiled, "I know. I promise I won't do something funny nor make you uncomfortable. I just... want to talk to you." He shyly rubbed the back of his neck. EW? Whoa wait, do I sound like the meanie now? I mean, if you look at this person in front of you, you'd think the same.

"Okay, okay. Shoo~ Go to your class now." I pushed him off of his seat and he grinned happily, "See you later then!"

I shook my head, I just felt like... it wouldn't be good. And I believe in my instinct. I was sure as hell it was none other than covering my eyes from behind, or there were petals on the bench under the tree, or simply... sat there with a smile plastered on his face and motioned me to sit besides him.

 

 

I blinked at my spot. It was FARRRRR from my expectation. Well, my expectations were all from experiences. Don't judge me, okay. I just hated him. And I believe... 

"Thank you for really coming without being dragged by me," he said slowly and looked to the front of him. You suddenly had this weird feeling, "Uhm. Yeah." I need to make this quick, "So what-" "I know you still hate me. I know you've been feeling uncomfortable for my presence this whole year. I know... you just want me to disappear like getting hit by a truck or simply get kicked out of the school," he chuckled. Wait, is he making me feeling guilty or what?

 

 

Cause I am.

But my PRIDE. "Glad that you realized," I managed to say. He chuckled again and looked at me, in the eyes, softly, with his penetrating eyes. Not to mention his jawline that painted with the tree's shadow under the sun. GOD............. HELP.

He sighed and looked to his front again, "I need to tell you something." "Yeah, make it quick." He laughed, "I know you have no schedule for today. Maybe you will tomorrow, and the day after. That's why I chose this day." IS HE A STALKER OR SOMETHING?"

"Yes, you can call me a stalker." He laughed. CREEPER CHEN. "You know? Ever since that day, you could call that ever since that day I laid my eyes on you, I thought I needed to tied you on the railway and recorded you got hit by the train and put in on Youtube."

 

 

He turned around to be greeted by my flat expression, "Same." He laughed, "I know. But that day also, I realized... that I have another feeling for you." He stopped and looked at me. I was looking at him already with my wide eyes, "Uhm... Let me get this straight-"

He held my hand, but this time. Strangely... Ridiculously...

 

.....Magically, I didn't pull away. I let my hand in his hand. In his gentle grasp. "Y-yah... I said do not make something fun-" "But you didn't seem like pulling away," he smirked. 

That's it.

I pulled away and was about to walk when he held my wrist. I turned around and found him with his sincere... smile. The smile that actually I always see everytime he gave me flowers, cookies, candies, or even when he visits me at my class, and when he suddenly offered to accompany me at the market. Yes a stalker he is. But I got used to it. Yes, I said I got used to it. 

"I'm gonna say this quick. Actually, I've been trying to tell you this... But you don't seem to realize that I really mean it. I really mean that one thing I said to you 11 months ago, in front of your home, at this exact time..."

 

 

"Shut up, you moron. If the teacher finds out that you're here they'll kick you out of the school and you'll be homeless." I hissed under the bushes. He managed to chuckle even when the corner of his lips were bleeding, "That's impossible. I'd probably just-" I covered his mouth with my palm. He blinked his eyes in surprise but you just closed your eyes tightly. Silently, I prayed that they wouldn't find you two there.

"KIM JONGDAE! CHEN! GET OUT NOW!"

"I KNOW YOU'RE HERE SOMEWHERE!"

"GET RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"

 

 

Silence.

"I think he's not here, sir."

"I guess we'll just scold him tomorrow." He sighed, "That brat..."

Footsteps of people walking away heard by you two. I sighed in relief and released his mouth. "Thank God, they- EH?!" I looked at his lips that was bleeding more now. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I forgot that you got your lips got cut, and I clasped you tight back then, did I? Babo... Babo..." I said in panic and I slightly torn the tip of my uniform. I pulled out my bottle of water from my backpack and poured a little.

Chen was still in his shock state. Electric shock, yep, that what he could feel when he felt my touch. He couldn't feel the pain that was streaming from his face and whole body, he could just feel his heart beats like a marching band. I leaned in to wipe his blood and blew it slowly. He flinched a bit and I stopped, "I'm sorry." I only could say that.

It was because me, he became like that. It was because my fault, he had wounds all over his body. It was because my fault, that he fell in love with me. The last thing was the thing that Chen could think at that time until forever. 

We were walking side to side. Chen had bandages all over his face. Thank God I brought some just in case of emergency, and what happened earlier was more than an emergency. Silently, without me realizing, I arrived in front of my home... and Chen was still there.

"Yah! What are you doing here?" I asked him. He blinked, "Walking you home, of course. What else?" You sighed, "I don't need your accompany. Go home. Shoo~" I motioned him to leave but he stood still.

He looked at me straight, "Hey, from now on, I won't disturb you again." "That's good to hear-" "But I'll always be around you. Not to disturb you, but to protect you. I thought you were strong from the outside, but I saw that you actually fragile that you need that 'Fragile' sticker the airport officers stack on luggages." I furrowed my eyebrows, "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY, HUH?"

He chuckled, "I like you. Once I said this, I'm sure you'll like me back eventually. I don't care about how long, but I know you're the one for me." My mouth gaped open as huge as Tokyo Dome Stadium. "What-" "I'll see you tomorrow and the days afterward. Sleep tight~" he smiled and waved at my unconscious body.

 

THE HELL WAS THAT?!

 

I blinked at him who was smiling in front of you. Has he been smiling all this time when I watched the highlight of our past? Uhm...

"I don't know for many times I've said this, but I like you. I really like you. I've been trying to show you with everything that I've done in this past months. By giving you flowers, both red and white petals, since I know you really like flowers. I know you've been hating on me, maybe until now that I won't be mad if you reject my flowers. I'd kindly deliver them to your home, which I know you won't thrash them away. I also gave you cookies and all since it was everything that you like. Hoping that... you would realize that I'm not playing around." He chuckled, "Do I sound so pathetic?"

I nodded slowly.

"Lemme continue. Okay... So that day when I found you inside the classroom with those.. bastards. Uhm, I thought I would celebrate by running all the way Seoul streets and left you there. But my body said the opposite when I realized I punched one of them," he chucked. "And Baekhyun said I can't fight." He scoffed.

I find myself smiling slowly seeing this idiotic person in front of me. He looked at you again, "Strangely I didn't feel any pain when they beat me up. At last, I won against the three of them. When we hid under the bushes, the teacher and the security was finding me. You helped me so I wouldn't get caught and I'm so thankful for that. You even healed me. And I thought... that was the first time I realized something besides the hate that I always feel towards you." He stopped for a second and took my other hand. I could feel the air was getting thinner that it was effin' hard for me to inhale the oxygen. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP, GOD.

"God had sent me to help you. Now inhale... exhale..." he chuckled. HOW DID HE-

"I just know, okay. I've been watching you too much that I already know you inside out. This is my first time being like this, for your information. And I'm gonna say it now. Uhm... I like you. No, I love you. I love you, Lee ______. I really love you since 11 months ago, and until now, I still have my feelings for you. It didn't change, it didn't decrease, but increase instead." He sighed and smiled, "Whoa... I didn't know it would relieve my stress for confessing to you."

I blinked, "You... confessed...?" He looked at you in surprise, "WAIT. I just said those lines for God's sake and you still don't realize?" I still blinked at him waiting him to continue. 

 

 

 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

My eyes popped out of its sockets and I was eyeless. No, I couldn't see this guy in front of me. It was all blank. No, I didn't collapse of course. I opened my eyes slowly and... he was still there. To think about that.... He was actually passed with flying colors for all the qualifications of any girl would make for their soon-to-be-boyfriends.

But me?

and him?

 

 

Seriously? Are you guys wanting a never ending World War III?

You really want the world ends this fast?

HUH? HUH?! 

 

 

 

Because I do.

"Yes?"

He left my hands swinging back to my sides. I got hugged by Kim Jongdae. Kim Jongdae hugged me. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." he whispered. I slowly smiled and found my hands traveled to hug him when he said, "I see you've been loving me back."

 

Is he being serious or something?
"Yah-" I tried to pull away but he held me with his tighting the hug. "I'm just kidding... Don't be mad at me." I gave up and stood still with him still hugging me. Slowly, my lips quirked up to be a smile, or a grin to be exact. I felt happy.

 

 

Little did I know, we were on our walk back to my home. Hand in hand. I still didn't say any word after that incident. I glanced at him and quickly looked away when I caught him staring at me. WHY IS IT SO AWKWARD. He used to walk me home but I could casually walked without being this nervous.

He chuckled, "We're arrived." I looked up from the pathway to the side, oh. My home. Okay. Now what should I say to my... my b-b-boyfriend?

"Just say 'Thank you for walking me home' to your boyfriend," he smiled. I looked at him in disbelief, "You know, you reading my mind is no longer interesting now." I scoffed and looked away. "So you thought it was interesting, huh? You were really confused what to say right, huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? You were still nervous that you didn't say a word on our way here. Is this really the girl I used to loathe back then? Huh? Huh?" He nudged my waist and my stomach many times and I bursted out laughing. Well, I was that ticklish okay. I wasn't trying to be that cutie with laughing because of being tickled. 

"ST-STOP IT! YAH, STOP IT OR I'LL PUSH YOU TO HAN RIVER!" I yelled. He stopped. I smirked. I won. I laughed and he pouted, "Why so mean to me~?"

I shuddered at the sight, "No, don't pout in front of me." He chuckled, "I know you won't resist my aegyo."

 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I hate you." I mean it. "I know," he smiled. "You hate me... for making you love me."

 

THE WHOLE WORLD STOPS AND STARES FOR A WHILE.

I could hear ChangKyu singing as the background music from the last SMTown Concert that I went.

 

"You're now blushing!" He effin' pinched my cheek. I slapped his hand away and sighed.

I smiled at his figure that now was entering my terrace. Who the hell gave him permission to?

 

 

 

Well, of course I do. He's my boyfriend afterall. I caught up with him and pulled out my key.

He was about to walk in when I stopped and looked at him, "Why did I say yes again?"

He chuckled, "I love you too."

 


HOW WAS IT GUYS?! HAHAHAHA OMG

okay I finally done writing my first oneshot in less than 6 hours lmao I hope you like it!!!

yes, I'll continue my first fic now :D