Cup 1 : Welcome

Nu'est Coffee shop !

CUP 1...

It was 8am and the coffee was about to open in a half hour and still Ren didn't do anything to put the chairs in the right place, clean the table or anything.

"Ren what are you doing? The tables and chairs are not going to settle by themself so move your " Aron yelled in the closed shop.

"Yeah yeah yeah if you say so" Ren said "I'm pretty sure they can" he mumbled asking himself if there was a way that the tables can indeed move by themself. Stupid boy. He shuffled his feet toward the center of the coffee and finally started doing his job. After two tables done, he yawned and started complaining. Aron knew what was going to happen. Ren would complain and finally used aegyo on him and magically Aron would do it himself.

"Don't...Don't even try...it's your turn to do that, I have to receive the coffee seed order...tchao" Aron ran from behind the counter to the back of the shop.

"Yaaaa you could have at least let me try to do my aegyo" He yelled in the empty shop started pouting by himself. Ren returned to the put the table and chairs at the right place.

"Oh..." he wiped his forehead like if he was sweating heavily but obviously he wasn't at all... Not a single drop of sweat "It was hard work" Ren sighed.

"Come on Ren they were only 3 tables left. I did the other 20 tables earlier" Aron tried to said while he was lifting a heavy bag of coffee seeds.

"Still it was hard" He stuck his tongue to Aron.

"Yeah right we all know that you are a hard worker" Aron said sarcastically shaking his head in desperation.

"Whatever...I need music to start my day" Ren stretched himself and the radio.

 

~Lipstick stick seugo nae ipsure bareugo

Jal daryeojin hayan syeocheu wie saljjak muchigo~

 

"OMG that's my song, Orange Caramel " Ren said all exited and turned the volume at the maximum. "Lipstick stick seugo ne ipsure matchugo" Ren started singing like crazy in the shop, spinning on himself, doing the choreography that he already learned.

"Come on the song was released a few days ago and you already know the choreography ...you are unbelievable

"I know, I'm Ren fast learner...I should be an entertainer, a singer something like that" he was bragging.

"Pop the bubble go sing with the broom and mop the floor .... We have 15mn otherwise we will be late" Aron threw the stick at him and Ren caught it before doing weird moves with it. Twirling the stick, dancing singing out loud.

"Ajjirajjil soseun swaegol wie mollae muchigo" Ren kept singing. “Aron ARON YOU KNOW THIS PART TOO Let's do it together"

 

"No I HAVE WORK TO DO" Aron yelled. Ren was still pushing him trying to make him dance. And then both of them started to put their hands on their mouth to do THE part in the song, shuffling their feet from right to left. They were just two baristas doing girls dance move and aegyo in a closed coffee shop besides working.

"Omo-omo o-o-o-o omo-omo mollae muchigo Omo-omo o-o-o-o eomeoeomeo" they kept singing. Ren was still acting girly with his long blond hair that today he tied in a ponytail and that he curled too. Making the tail looks like a little poodle.

When the song ended, Aron dusted his neat white apron and went back to the counter.

"Okay let's go back to work" Aron ordered.

Ren ran to the counter and leaned to reach Aron's cheeks "You were really cute...okay...not as much as me ...but still cute" he released his hold when Aron made him go away with a tea towel in Ren's face.

"How rude...my precious face how dare you Aron" He escaped from the counter holding his face as if it was about to break.  Ren finally raised the blinds to let appear the queue that was already forming outside. He did hear the screams and all while he was setting the shop ...more Aron than him actually. They were used to this every morning they would have a bunch of high school girls...some guys too... ajhummas, nuna and all waiting for the opening and it has been like this  since they started working here. Before them this coffee shop was...desert. As the competition is rude in Seoul, because there is a coffee shop every 2 meters, their boss had to find the lethal weapon....PRETTY BOYS.  Ren ran in sidesteps to front door as it was already 8.30 am. He turned the little plate saying that the shop was now open. As he opened the door for the costumers as a gentleman he was, his face totally changed. From a bubbly personality to a straight what-do-you-want-from-me face. The only thing that was remaining was the y-I-don't-care personality he was playing up every time. That was Ren.

 

 

"Welcome" Ren said bowing in front of the costumers that now was entering the shop, looking at his perfect face and at his girly face feature. Then Ren eyes crossed one of one school girl's and he looked at her so intensively "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Ah oppa annyeonghaseo" The girl said

"Do I know you...personally?" Ren said face on but it didn’t discourage the girl.

"No I'm just a regular costumer" The girl said, Ren nodded slowly really slowly "Ahhh it's like this" he said  he was still nodding amazed by how daring high school girls could be now.

"So I don't know you...so why are you calling me Oppa you-" Ren was yelling to the girl to be more adequate. Aron rushed next to him and pulled him toward him "Shut up" Aron hissed "Go take the order I'm doing the welcoming part. You at it” he pushed Ren several time in the opposite direction to get him out of his way.

"Welcome» Aron said with a big smile to the costumers who were entering and submerging the place. Aron was more the carrying type although EVERYDAY WAS The same thing he was doing is job heartedly.

Ren went to join the other sub barista who was also helping to do the coffee. But Ren was more staring than working as usual. He looked totally lost and especially lazy.

What would you like to drink?” Ren asked to the next costumer without looking at her and regarding elsewhere as if he didn’t care about it.

A vanilla ice blend please” She was staring at him in daze.

With cream on top?” he asked lazily and sighed

Yes please

It’s 6300 won please” he held out his hand to the girl. Yes being rude and carefree he knew how to do it. Reason? He would probably say because he used to the weird behavior of the girls who come here every day just to see him and Aron while they are working. He was tired of it and sincerely he could do whatever he wanted because his boss would never take the risk to fire him because of his pretty ed up behavior with costumers. Oh hell no…his boss was making too much money because of these pretty boys. But the way he was acting was pissing Aron off so much. The latter liked when work was well done and he couldn’t bear the laziness and irony in Ren’s tone when he was talking to the costumers. So every time he could he would just glare at him for Ren to shut up.

“Can I take a picture of you?” she asked

Yeah” he said lazily as he leaned on the cashier.

Can you strike some poses?” The girl asked and Ren’s face totaly changed his eyes focused and lightened when he heard “poses”.

He started doing the Victory pose, then the bboing bboing pose, the Omona pose he couldn’t stop now. He like to be photographed so he didn’t care at all. Aron was watching the show from the front door where he was welcoming the costumers. He pinched the bridge of his node with his two fingers and shook his head. “What am I going to do with that kid?”

Finally Aron asked the other barista to go welcoming the costumer so he would take and do the orders with Ren. When they switched, Ren stopped immediately his little distraction as he knew he was about to be scolded anyway. Aron pushed Ren away from the cashier with an angry face and when he turned toward the next costumer his nice infectious grin was back again “What would you like to drink Miss?”

Aron mouthed to Ren to hurry up on the orders but Ren was stuck with the whipped cream, he was shaking the siphon in all ways but it wouldn’t go out.

Give it to me” Aron grabbed the thing from his hands “Seriously Ren what did you learn?”

“What? It’s just whipped cream…it’s not everybody that can do it duh”

“Let me remind you that you have been training for that”

Can’t you stop nagging?” Ren asked spreading his arms in a questioning way.

The girls in the queue was enjoying seeing the 2 baristas fighting…they found it cute. Yes whatever. Aron didn’t try to look cute there. Maybe Ren…as he always did anyway. Finally the girl had her ice vanilla blend served.

Here enjoy and come back” He faked a smile “Or not” he thought waving his hand at her.

The next costumer was again a girl who just let a box with gifts in it and didn’t even order something she just left like this letting Aron and Ren dumbfounded.  “Tsk tsk those girls are crazier day by day…” Ren said shaking his head desperately. He took a look at the box and saw different gifts that looked interesting so he hide the box on a shelf so that Aron wouldn’t see as the older was already back to take the next order.

______

The afternoon was calmer so Ren just sat on one of the barstool and crossed his legs, he was bored, nothing to do. People in the coffee shop were looking at him and he looked back with his WHAT face.

He took from his pocket a nail polisher and started rubbing it on his nails giving y looks at everybody in the shop. A group of high school girls just approached in awe. “Your nails are so pretty? What king of nail polisher are you using?”

So he stopped the polishing session and let the girls look at his hand.

Yes take a good look because this is perfection…0it will take a long time before you reach this result…but you can still try” the girls nodded and went sitting. y you said? Ren put his hand under his chin and looked everywhere when someone caught his gaze.

 

 

Blond hair, military hairstyle but with a fine amount of hair on the top of his head. Shy smile, ear piercings, the boy was holding his big black bag over his shoulder. Ren leaned back on the breakfast bar, the polisher still in his hand.

Hi welcome to Coffee Chu how can I help you?” Aron said all smile.

“Hi I would like to see the owner I need a job” the stranger said

Ren scoffed “He is not here yet” The y blondy said “but you can wait for him” Aron added more kindly.

“Who are you by the way?” Ren asked.

I’m his nephew Baekho why?” Aron and Ren widened their eyes.

“Nothing” Ren scowled.