Stay With You

Stay With You (A Short Story)

~START~

-on the rooftop of your school-

"I can't believe he could do that to me, how could he?! I trusted him!!! BASTARD IDIOTIC LIAR!!!" you cursed shouting at the sky, then you collapsed on the ground. Hitting your chest with your fist, while sobbing softly, you curled into a ball...."It hurts, it hurts so much, it feels like he stabbed me with a knife using his own hands, a sharp knife pierced right int y chest...its bleeding, its hurting...its really painful" Then you close your eyes, tears flowed from your eyes trailing to you cheeks. You seem lifeless, the world around you seemed to collapse...

-after 2 hours-

You slowly opened your eyes, and tears dried on your cheeks. You forced yourself to get up, you managed to do so, and you walked out of the rooftop.

"What happened to her?...What's wrong with her?...She seems hurt...she cried a lot." a guy sitting at a corner thought to himself.

You walked slowly, your head hanging low. You even bumped into other people passing by, it seems like you don't care anymore.

"HEY! What's wrong with you?!" A man shouted angrily, as you bumped on him, you just walked away ignoring the man.

"Look at the way you're walking to young lady!" Another angry lady shouted, but then you just ignored them.

You continued walking when your hand phone suddenly rang. You picked it up.

"Hello?" You answered in a low voice.

"We're not at home right now...just entertain yourself somewhere, call your boyfriend and just hangout, okay? We'll be back at 10."

"Yes umma." You spoke in a low voice.

"Take care!"

Then you hung up.

"I can't call him...we just broke up." you whispered *sniff*

You just walked to a nearby park, and sat on a bench.

"Why doesn't the pain go away?...It Still hurts. Oh God, do I really have to experience this?" You let out a heavy sigh.

The guy earlier secretly followed you to the park and he saw you sitting on a bench. He slowly walked and sat on the bench across you.
Without noticing him, you closed your eyes.

"Hey." The guy called. You shot your eyes open, and widen them in shock.

"You....YOU! KIM JAEJOONG!" ...."What are you doing here?!"

"Why? I can't go to the park?" Jaejoong asked.

"No, uhm...Of course you can!" you replied.. *What a coincidence.* you thought. The you forced yourself to laugh.

*fake laugh*

Jae shot you a look, then you stopped laughing...you realized that Jae knew you were faking it.

"Your eyes seems puffy...did you cry?"

"No...why will I...?"

"Don't lie, it doesn't work for me. I saw you at the rooftop."

"You...you did?"

"Yeah. You were crying...are you okay? Were you hurt?"

"What....what do you care?! Don't ask! Don't act like you even care!" You shouted.

"I'm just worried...."

"Worried? WHY?!" You shouted again.

"I saw you...you were really hurt...you're in pain. Can you tell me what happened?"

"Why the hell will I tell you?! What are to me anyway? This is the first time you even talked to me! If you're just curious, then don't be!"
You tried to sound strong, even though tears started to form in your eyes.

"It doesn't matter if this is the first time I talked to you, and I'm not just curious, I'm worried...Yes, I am nothing to you, but.../"

Jae was cut off when you shouted, "WHAT?!" trying to hold back your tears,

"I...I can listen well, you can trust me.." Jae continued, Jae approached you and sat with you on the bench.

*sniff* "I can't trust anyone, anymore."

"Why is that?"

"Because whenever I trust someone...they just betray me...just like him.."

"I won't betray you, promise...believe me."

"Really? He told me that too...but he broke his promise."

"But, I won't...trust me."

"Can I really trust you?"

Jaejoong nodded with a smile of reassurance.

"Why are you...being so nice to me?"

"I...I want to help you...and I - I don't want to see anyone crying.."

Tears started to escape your eyes, you couldn't hold it any longer.

"I just said that I don't want to see anyone crying."

Jae understood how you exactly feel.

"They just came out...I tried to stop them...but they just..."

You started to cry.

"Just forget the guy and don't cry anymore."

"That's easy for you to say." *sobs*

Jae place his hand on your shoulder...

You were startled as your body twitched.

"You should stop crying, look you're not pretty anymore."

You face him.

Jaejoong slowly reached for your cheeks, and wiped your tears away with his fingers.

"There, you look pretty again, can you smile for me?"

You were looking at Jae's face in daze.

Without noticing, you smiled...and Jae smiled back.

"You're really...pretty.."

"Don't say that....I might..." You did not finish your sentence as your cheeks turned red.

"Are you...blushing?"

You suddenly looked down, and said, "How did you...how can you tell? Can you see?"

"I can't, I just guessed. I can't see in the dark you know. You really...blushed..."

Then Jae laughed.

"Are you that happy?"

"Yes, because you blushed, you're so cute!"

"Do you do that to every girl you see crying?"

"No, actually its my first time to do it, and its my first time to talk to a random girl."

"I...I...see."

Jae just looked at you and said, "Its good that you stopped crying already."

"Yeah, you know, its almost 9PM, you can go now. Sorry, for taking your time."

"How 'bout you? You're staying here?"

"My parents are not home...and I don't have the keys...so..."

"Oh, you might be bored sitting here alone."

"No, I won't be...you can go."

"Can...I stay with you? I want to stay with you."

"Huh? Why...do you want to stay with me?"

"You might cry again and you're alone.."

"I'll be okay, and i can;t take more time from you."

"I really want to stay with you...I want to get to know you more."

"But...why?"

"I just..../"

Jae got cut off again, when you said, "Fine. But, I'll be here until 10...is that okay with you?"

"Anytime is okay with me."

"I want to talk more too...I want to talk to someone...I don;t have someone to talk to at home.."

"Me too."

"Really?! You don't have any siblings or cousins?"

"No, I'm an only child. And my cousins don't come over very often."

"Wow! I'm an only child too..and I don't know where my cousins are."

Jae laughed at  your sentence.

You pouted. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you said that you don't know where your cousins are." Jae said trying to control his laughter.

"What I meant was, they don't visit."

"Oh, I see." then Jae stopped laughing.

"I want to know more about you too."

"Why?"

"Because, well, since we're talking already...I think its better is we get closer."

"Closer?"

"Yeah, well...you../"

You were cut off when Jae moved closer to you.

"Is this fine?" Jae asked with big eyes.

"I didn't mean that!" You shouted, but you felt your cheeks warm as Jae came closer to you.

"Huh?" Jae got confused.

"What I meant was, we can become friends...you know..."

"Oh, I see..! " Then Jae moved back to his original position earlier.

You looked at him.

*I didn't know that this famous, silent, mysterious guy has this side also...and I'm the first girl to see this.* You thought.

You snapped out from your thoughts when Jae said, "Let's be closer then."

-After talking and talking and talking and talking...-

"Its almost 10, maybe I need to go."

"I'll walk you to your house."

"No, no need. I can take care of myself. Thanks for spending time with me, by the way."

"Yeah, I think we got closer. But, its already late and its dangerous, What if something bad happens? What are you gonna do? Will you be able to defend yourself? "

"You....sound like my dad, do you know that?" Then you laughed.

"Its good that you're laughing, but I really want to walk you home."

"Fine, I agree..its dangerous and I need someone capable enough to defend me."

You and Jae laughed and started walking to you house.

"Can you slow down your pace, I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" Then you and Jae walked slowly.

"Can I have your email?"

"Why do you suddenly want to have it?"

"I don't actually email anyone, but I think we got closer and that's why, I also want to talk to someone, nobody's talking to me at home and I'm always alone...and bored....can i just have your email?"

You laughed at Jae and said, "Sure, why not? I want to talk to you more too."

Then you and Jaejoong exchanged emails.

"You seem to move on really quick." Jae talked again.

"Yeah, I just dump them. And thanks to you also!"

"If you were given a chance to start a new again, will you take it?"

"I don't know...well, I'm not sure."

"What if someone ask you..?"

"Ask me...what?"

"I mean, what if someone likes you and he wants to be with you?"

You looked at Jae with a puzzled look.

"Should I just get to the point?"

"Please do.." You actually don't know what Jaejoong is talking about, and you're confused at the same time."

"Actually you're the first girl that I interacted with, well except for my mom of course."

Jae laughed and you laughed too.

"But, you suddenly appeared..." Jae continued.

"I felt something ....and for the first time....I ..I...My heartbeat came really fast and loud and I was turning insane....I ..I don't know..."

Jae looked down and you looked at him with wide eyes.

"You felt something...for the first time...you..."

You cut your sentence...you don't know how to react or respond.

Jae looked up, looking straight at you, he spoke again.

"I fell in love for the first time, I fell in love with you...I am in love with you...and you're the first girl I noticed and I fell in love with."

You looked at him too, and your heart started beating like crazy.