Can't Get Over You Getting Over Me- Chapter 4

Can't Get Over You Getting Over Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

“I don’t want to die so better make your drive a quick and a safe one.” Ryeowook suddenly spoke as we got out of the basement parking. 

“I won’t let anything happen to you while you’re under my responsibility.” I wasn’t shy to show my sleek side anymore since it’s only the two of us inside the secluded space of the car.

“I am not under your responsibility, kid. Remember I am the hyung here.” He noted.

“Then does that mean that I am under your responsibility?” I showed him my evil smirk.

“If you were under my responsibility, I would’ve thrown you out of the car already for not shutting up.” Ryeowook’s words made me feel like I have to try harder.

“You can’t bring yourself to do that to me. I know you.” I replied, knowing that this will heat his head up.

“Don’t test me. If you really don’t shut it, you’ll be sorry for even questioning me. And you don’t know anything about me.” His last sentence sounded a bit off.

“You’re too kind for that and what do you mean by I don’t know anything about you? I bet I know you even better than yourself.” I boasted off.

Suddenly, Ryeowook’s face transformed from impatient to something playful and unexplainable.

“If you really know me, then do you know what I’m about to do?” Ryeowook looked at me intently and it didn’t look good.

But on the bright side, he looked at me. 

“What are you up to, Kim Ryeowook?!” I asked in a worried tone.

“I thought I told you to call me hyung?!” His voice suddenly got louder.

“Hyung! Hyung! I’m sorry! Kim Ryeowook hyung.” I said in a fast pace.

“Because of forgetting that, you have to be punished.” Ryeowook tried to do an evil laugh but he’s the only one who believed it was evil. For me, it was cute and funny.

“What are you—“ 

Even before I can finish my question, Ryeowook ambushed me by pressing the car horn multiple times which also made the steering wheel go in different directions. The car swerved to the right, then to the left, then to the right, then to the left then… I can’t even remember! 

“Ryeowook! This is Sungmin hyung’s car!” I shouted at him as I tried to remove his hands from the steering wheel.

“You forgot the hyung again!” He then pressed the horn for the nth time.

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!” I looked like I was going to cry any minute.

“Better!” He returned to his seat and calmed himself.

“You have officially lost it!” I took a deep breath and threw a death glare at him.

“I was just proving that you don’t know me.” Ryeowook was smiling victoriously.

“You could’ve proved it in another way! I thought you didn’t want to die!?” I was still in a state where I can’t get over what just happened.

“I thought I was under your responsibility?” Ryeowook said then he looked like he regretted saying it.

I can’t believe he said that but by the looks of his face after he said it, he didn’t want me to add anything that is related to what he just said. I thought I should give him the consolation and agree with what he wanted.

“My life span just shortened because of you!” I immediately came up with a retorting statement.

“It’s such an honor.” He sarcastically said.

“Stubborn.” I was referring to him.

“Heartbreaker.” After he said that, he quickly looked outside the window.

Awkward silence. 

At his accusation, no, it’s not an accusation ‘cause it’s true, I did break his heart and there’s no doubt about that. When he said that term towards me, I felt like I stabbed myself with a knife. I don’t have anyone to blame for what Ryeowook said because I myself can’t hide the fact that he was just being honest and straightforward.

To lift the uneasy feeling between us at that moment, a siren from the back of the car was heard. Ryeowook and I both looked at the rear view mirror and saw that there was a police car behind us, asking us to pull up by the side of the road. 

“This is so your fault, Kim Ryeowook! And yes, I didn’t add the hyung on purpose! Happy?” Not that I’m mad at him for what he did a while ago, it’s just that it’s was my first time being held up by the police. 

“My fault?! I’m not the one sitting on the driver’s seat and I’m not the one behind the wheel. Besides, I don’t even have a license.” He stuck out his tongue and made a funny face. 

The policeman knocked on my window and I rolled it down with an anxious expression.

“Yes, officer? What’s the matter?” I asked in a shaky voice.

“Sir, may I please see your license? And is your car okay? We thought something was wrong with your tires a while ago. If you don’t stop with the horn, we will confiscate you license, young man.” The officer looked at my license as I handed it to him.

I looked at Ryeowook, expecting for some support or even see a worried expression on his face but he was just snorting and laughing softly. 

“You see, officer, I was on my way to the psychiatrist.” I flashed my oh-so-cunning smirk at Ryeowook.

“Why? You have a problem?” The officer returned my license. Thank God for that.

“No! It’s just that, uhhh I don’t know if I should tell you this but can you see the guy seated on the passenger seat? Yeah, as you can see, he’s looks like an evil maniac, right? He was responsible for what happened.” The officer motioned his head lower and looked at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook, who was surprised with what I said, pinched me on the shoulder and I winced in pain.

“Wookie, baby, calm down! Don’t be too excited!” I was giving Ryeowook the taste of his own medicine.

“Your boyfriend?” The officer asked.

“Yeah. He has this psychological problem, you see. When he feels something in excess, it takes over him so bad! Well, last night, we had uhmm I think you already get it, and now it’s taken over him! As you can see, he just pinched me! For my baby, pinching is his way of luring me.” I nodded at the officer to show him the fake sympathy I feel for Ryeowook.

I can’t bear to look at Ryeowook because I knew his reaction won’t be good. The policeman nodded in agreement and patted me on the shoulder.

“Now I understand. If he’s in that…mood, make sure to put a leash on him or tighten his seatbelt so he won’t get to the steering wheel. I hope your trip to the shrink will have good results.” He said.

I wanted to burst in laughter but I had to hold it in. He was totally fooled!

“Thank you so much, sir.” I shook his hand.

“Have a good day and may your relationship blossom!” The officer went back to his police car then drove off.

Finally, I was able to laugh mercilessly. I looked at Ryeowook and to my utter surprise, tears were falling from his eyes.

“Hyung why—“ 

I was cut off when he slapped my face.

“Hyung!” I said in exasperation.

“Don’t…ever…call…me…Wookie….or….baby.” He said in emphasis and tears rolled down his eyes. 

Was he mad because of the way I tricked him or was he furious for calling him the way I used to? Does it bring memories from our past?

“Hyung, I—I’m sorry.” My arms were trying to find its place but I know it wanted to be around Ryeowook.

He bent down his head and his sobs got louder. Because of that, I panicked and tried to look for tissue inside Sungmin hyung’s car.

“I promise not to do that again! I’m really sorry! Stop crying!” I was in distraught. 

He continued to hide his face from me but then the crying stopped and snarky laughter was heard.

“Ryeowook hyung? Are you o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter