Chapter 3

Longing Heart

 

A.N

This chapter only contains Jieun's pov before she met sanghyun for the second time, I have to do this, so in the next and next and next chapter after this you will know both of thier thoughts at the same situation without waiting for the next chapter :D Thank you so much for those who commenting the previous chapter.

Jieun's Pov.

I know that today would be another bad day for me. This was just my second day in Seoul.  I've never been so far away from home and this was my first time to be so far away from my dad. After bumping into that guy in a convenience store last night all I can think was I hope that this all was just a nightmare. I slept for only 3 hours last night, now was just 7 am. I'm so restless, my head hurts, my eyes were so puffy and red but I have to go. All I want to do was just lie on my bed all day long and eat a bucket of ice cream but I can't, I have to convert my money and then go to visit my old friends. At first, one of so many reasons why I left Japan to come here was to find my real parents but as days passed I was no longer interested to find them. I just didn't want to wound my heart more. What you don't know wouldn't kill you right? That was what I think. I'd rather not know for now. My heart still hurt.

"Get up Lee Jieun, it's been three months, no need to cry" I said to myself. It's easier said than done.

I get up from bed and go to bathroom. I didn't want to be such a crybaby but I can't help it. That stranger last night, no, he didn't make me cry. It's just the way he stared at me made me thinking about my mother. I sighed. These past three months had worn me out. I really want my old life back. I really need to submerge my self into a big deep tub of hot water and just be warm but then again I can’t do that since I have to share the bathroom with other guests. Cold shower then. I sighed, again, for a hundred times.

***

“Thank you” I bowed my head to the policeman.

I got lost, thank god it’s still noon. The first thing that I did after I left my motel was to change my money.  The money changer was just across my motel fortunately.  After changed my money into won my next plan was to visit my neighbourhood but I didn’t remember how to get there from here. So I just wandered around pretending I know this city but in the end I was just got lost.

After almost two hours finally now I was in my neighbourhood. I almost forgot how it feels when I was younger being free and cheerful without burden. I found out that this place was slightly different. Of course it was, it’s been 10 years since the last time I was here. When I was a child I didn’t have many close friends. There were only 3 people who closed to me. 2 of them where my friends in school and 1 of them was my English tutor. She was 5 years older than me. I didn’t know where they were now. I just want to see my old house. I sat in the park near my old house for almost two hours. It’s getting colder and colder so I had to tighten up my coat. I forgot to bring along my glove aish.

“Okay time to go home now” I said to myself.

I walked back to motel for almost an hour. Of course this time I wasn’t lost. I need a cold air to calm me and a can of warm vanilla latte.

***

I can’t imagine how surprised I was when I got back to motel. There was my mom waiting for me there. I didn’t know how my mom could find me here. Oh God I didn’t wanna go back to Japan now, no, no. NO.

“Jieun” my mom said coldly.

“Ye.. Yes mother” I said groggily.

“Ho.. how can you find me here?” I asked her.

“Let’s talk inside” she said

We were walking down the motel corridor. The time when we reached my motel room I was so panic. Oh god how come she could fine me here?

“How can you find me here mom?” I asked again uneasy

“I’m your mother, I know how that brain of yours works and I’m not stupid. I have my way and I have my people” she said

“I won’t ask you to go back to Tokyo with me now, I’ll give you three months to think about this, going back home, to Tokyo, don’t ever think to come here again and become that sweet child you used to be or you can leave this family and live by your own and don’t ever think to go back to your father or me again.” she said calmly while sitting in my bed. She wrinkled her nose.

“Dad.. Does he know that I’m..”

“No, He doesn’t know” she answered “I got all these stupid things covered” She continued

“You can do whatever you want to do for three months, you can find your real parents if you want, you need time to be alone? I’ll give you that, but if by three months you’re still not coming home, then you know what will happen.”

“Think about this properly. You can go back or you can leave us, I’m sick with all of your drama, your tears and everything that you have done. I always think that you’re smart but again I know that you aren’t.”

I can’t believe that my mom could do this to me. I always think that somehow she loved me in her own way. It hurts. So much.

If voices could me I might be dead by how my mother voice sounds. Where was the woman that I think as my mother?

She turn her back on me and starting to open the door when suddenly I ask this question that I wanted to ask every time I saw her.

“Do... you.... ever love me mom?” I whispered, I knew that she could hear me. I was trying to hold back my tears.

And her answer was nothing. She didn’t answer me.

She was starting to leave again when I said “I love you so much you know... I really love you.. Mom...” the tears were finally streaming down my face.

“I wasn’t your mom” that was her answer.

“In my entire life I always think that despite your cold demeanour you do love me somehow, but now I know that was just my wishful thinking” I mumbled to myself

She was outside my door but I knew that she heard me. I knew that she heard me and just like that she left me so cold and empty.

It hurts. It’s too much.

***

I walked and walked and walked until all of my muscles were so exhausted. I didn’t know where I was now, I didn’t care. I didn’t care if I got lost. The tears were almost dissapear now but I know that my eyes were swollen. I’m tired so tired of tears of headache. I want to escape from this fate. There’s a proverb says that A man, when he wishes, is the master of his fate, it’s funny that I wish that my fate wouldn’t be like this but I knew that fate has its own mind and even my wishes couldn’t control my fate.

I was going to cross the street when suddenly there was someone pulled me back.

“YA! Wait!” that man grabbed my coat “You want to die huh?” he said.

I only looked down. I didn’t know that the signal was still red. I didn’t know what would happen if that man didn’t grab my coat. I might be hit by the car right now. I was so careless.

 “DO YOU WANT TO DIE HUH? ANSWER ME!” he said harshly. I didn’t know why people were so cruel these days. He didn’t know that today was so hard to me and what he did was screaming at me. I was so freaking hurt. My tears were going down in a split second.

“No...I’m sorry.. I.. I..” I was starting to sob again. I might just open the tears factory. It seemed that my tears were so endless.

“Don’t cry” he said, when I truly saw him my sobs were getting lauder.

That man again, that convenience store man. Oh cruel fate, but somehow I didn’t want him to leave me alone in here. It’s been one long day for me, one emotional wrench after another.. I just didn’t want to be alone even with a stranger was far better than being alone.

“Aish” he cursed and then grabbed my hand and dragged me away to follow him and all I did was following him. I didn’t care I just didn’t wanna be alone. I might harm myself if I was alone now. It must be dangerous to let a stranger to drag you away but my brain was so overload to think so here I was now walking behind him when he dragged me to follow him to whatever place he was going to.

***

A.N 2

So here it is the new chapter. Tell me what do you think? As usual I’m sorry if you find any errors whichever they were, either miss spelling or grammar errors. Comments are needed. That is the only way I could know if you like this story or no J and thank you for new subscribers J

Ah and I wanna ask you guys. Should I write both of their PoV about the same time/situation or? no? So you won’t know about what one of them think when they’re interacting? Kekeke *evillaugh.

@Mydark-angel122: yay! Here it is the new chapter \:D/

@minaohmina: yup they will definitely talk a real talk in the next chapter. Sorry there’s no new interaction between them. Thank u dear: D

@RinaAmalia: thx u dear J

@MilkyCouple4Ever: ah i’m sorry there’s no interaction in this chapt, but hope u enjoy this dear :D

@HanSang: haha thx u if you think so. Ah but I’m sorry there’s no new interaction between jieun and sanghyun L

@TiaScreams: yaaa thank you J yup me too, I’ve always imagined doongie as a cheerful person tho :p thanks for your sweet comment dear. So whattaya think abt this chapter? Kekeke

Seeyaa!