A Pink

[ LONG HIATUS ] ♦ A Pink Facts ♦

[Interview] A-Pink: A-Pink: "We've become y? We still like the innocent concept!"

Last year, with their hit songs “I Don’t Know ” and “MY MY,” they have swept almost all new comers award and have came back this year with a new start.

In A-Pink’s first full album, their title song, “HUSH” was released earlier this month.

We have met with the seven members.

 

Q: “HUSH” has a different cute feeling and a different style to previous songs, “I Don’t Know” and “MY MY.” We hear that you have turned y.

 

A-Pink: The reactions are half and half. We heard that we’ve become really strong and that we’re still the cute, youthful girls like before… When we first heard this song, it sounded really retro than we hear it now. With this retro style, we worked to blend it with A-Pink’s style.

 

Q: What do you think about the comments of being y?

 

A-Pink: We feel a little bit burden yet. A-Pink isn’t a group who originally present the y concept. We still like innocent, young girl image.

 

Q: Last year, A-Pink has received most of the rookie award. We thought that this would be a burden with your comeback.

 

A-Pink: We felt the burden and worried a lot. Because we were thinking that we had to do even better. However, it’s a feeling that not anyone can feel. We earned the rookie awards as a result of how hard we worked last year and with this, we could say that it’s a happy burden feeling.

 

Q: A-Pink’s one year since debut has passed. Your thoughts?

 

A-Pink: We debuted last year on April 19th. Time has gone by so fast. In our new album, we have added our one year anniversary song “April 19th”. Our member Park Chorong wrote the lyrics herself.

 

Q: Looking back last year, what was the happy moment and regret?

 

A-Pink: The happy moment was when we won the rookie award. It was because we have made a goal when we debuted to win the award and we have achieved it. Also, when we won first place with “MY MY” on M! Countdown this year was a happy moment too.

A regret would be that we ate Sullungtang* on the day we won first place. Hahaha. We thought we would have Samgyupsal (Pork belly)… After we won first place everyone ate Sullungtang. Oh, and after we won the rookie awards, we didn’t have any special parties. That point was a regret as well.

 

Q: We will ask each member a question. Park Chorong is the team leader. We heard that leaders have secret difficulties that they have, what about you?

 

A-Pink Chorong: When I first had the role of the leader, it was difficult for me. It was because my personality wasn’t a person who would lead. But as I worked as the leader, my personality changed. I’ve said many things on purpose that I didn’t want to say…

 

Q: Which member causes the most trouble?

 

A-Pink: Eunji. She always wakes up late and her actions are slow. That’s why we yell at Eunji often, but since Eunji’s personality is bright so she takes it well. She doesn’t become sulky. If you look at it this way, we can yell at Eunji with ease.

 

Q: Oh Hayoung is a hot topic within fans of her sophisticated appearence than her age.

 

A-Pink Hayoung: One day, I went to a variety store with my [school] uniform on and the employee asked me if I was a bank clerk. Meh, it’s okay. It wasn’t the first time I’ve experienced this. I’ve paid the bus cost of a university student when I was in elementary school. Hahaha.

 

Q: Son Naeun makes the boy fans go crazy with her beautiful body. Especially ‘Hip Up’ photo was a hot topic on the internet. What your secret?

 

A-Pink Naeun: I don’t excercise much, only running on the running machine? I have done art for 13 years so I have sat around mostly. I don’t know the secret to the ‘Hip Up.’ But I heard about those comments.. On the internet there was a search of ‘Son Naeun .’ I’m embarrassed of those kind of searches because I’m still under aged.

 

*Sullungtang is a warm, broth soup made with a little bit of meat and bones. It is served with green onions and salt/pepper.

 

Source: Sports Seoul // Translation: fyeahchorong@tumblr