We meet again

Goodbye

'Mom! I don't want to meet Uncle and his family! I want to play with my laptop!' a young boy named Sungjae whined, trying to free himself from his mother.

'Sungjae-ah, this is the first time you're meeting your uncle and aunt' Yoona tried to reason out with her son.

'But I don't want to' Sungjae said again, this time defeated, he knew he has no choice.

'Mom! Yuma is playing with my hair!' Yoona heard her daughter, Soona yell from the second floor of their house.

'Yuma! Soona! You girls better stop fooling around or else I'll go up there! Come down now!' Yoona threatened.

Soon, the two girls were downstairs.

'Is father going to come?' Yuma asked.

'Let's hope so' Yoona replied. She knew that her husband was somewhere else, having fun with another woman.

'Remember to behave well and respect your aunt and uncle okay?' Yoona told her children.

They nodded their head.

Then the doorbell rang. 'They are here' she said.

 

'Yoona!' L greeted his sister, giving her a friendly hug.

'Hello' she greeted back, 'it's been a long time'

'Yes, five years is a long time. Now, let me introduce you to your sister-in-law, Krystal' L replied, revealing his wife.

'Nice to meet you' the two ladies said as they shook hands.

Yoona let them in the house and Krystal took care of all the kids.

 

L found Yoona at the garden.

'How are you?' he asked.

'Fine, I'm happy and eating well. As you saw, I have a lot of children now' Yoona replied

'I know, looks like you kept your promise' L remarked.

'Looks like you got married as well' Yoona said.

'Yes, she is the daughter of Mom's best friend' L replied.

'But no child? We promised to have lots' Yoona added.

'It took me a long time to find a wife that resembles you and the only reason I married her was just to keep our promise' he replied.

'I missed you' Yoona said softly.

'I missed you too. I still remember the day that I left for Japan. I was crying, I did not want to leave you and let you get married with another man' L reminisced.

'The days before that were the happiest moments of my life' Yoona said.

'Me too' L replied. Then he noticed some bruise marks at Yoona's arm.

'Your husband hits you?' L asked, his voice getting higher.

'Dont worry, I promised to stay strong' Yoona replied.

'But Yoona' L protested, holding on Yoona's wrist.

'L don't do this. We both have our own families now' Yoona said firmly, taking her wrists out of L's hands.

L just stared at Yoona. 'My biggest regret was leaving you'

'Dont do this. I also keep my promises, L. I had forgotten about you ' Yoona said before turning her back at L.

As soon as she turned, tears flowed down her cheeks. 

L watched as she walked away, a single tear flowing out from his eyes.

'If there ever is a next life Yoona, I will never ever let you go' he promised to himself.

 

-------------------

Sorry for the crappy ending :X