Goodbye

Con Artist

I never knew he could do this to me…I’ve been a good girlfriend to him and tomorrow will be our wedding day.  Just when I was about to celebrate a special day in my life, I found out something that broke our bond. Yamada Ryosuke, is a well known artist and me, a mere commoner. At first I thought this was all like those happenings in fairy tales. A prince charming, a pauper, he saves her, marries her, and then live happily ever after. But, this is reality. The prince fell in love not with me, but with a princess too. Paupers can never be with princes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tadaima” his voice echoed through the whole house, which he bought for us. He went to our room and I can see him remove his polo shirt and socks. Then he went to the shower room.

I quickly went to our room and searched for his phone. I browsed all of his messages.

“Mariya…” I managed to whisper her name.

From: Mariya

Babe, miss you already :) do you really have to go back home to that ugly penniless girl? xD

Tomorrow’s your big day. I guess your plan will be successful. Leaving her at the altar and joining me in running away ahahaha HILLARIOUS RYO! Night babe :*

I tried to stop my tears from falling and quickly returned the phone back to his back. The bathroom door opens and I heard faint footsteps approaching me. His arms wrapped around my thighs.

Why? Why Ryosuke? I don’t know you anymore.

“Tomorrow’s the day. You’ll be mine” He whispered huskily in my ears and I could only frown.

Will it end tomorrow? Isn’t it okay for me to be here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wedding bells, children giggling, and guests murmuring can be heard.

‘Today, we all gather here in this sacred place to witness the union of two people namely, Yamada Ryosuke and Miyazaru Eryl.’

I saw Ryosuke looking at someone from the crowd. It’s here, Mariya. She winked at him and he winked back.

Infront of me? Why? Have I done something this cruel to you?

‘Do you Yamada Ryosuke take Miyazaru Eryl to be your lawfully wedded wife?’

“I do” He smiles at me.

‘And do you Miyazaru Eryl take Yamada Ryosuke to be your lawfully wedded husband?’

I stay silent for a minute or so and he gives me a stare.

“Eryl, what are you doing? Answer now please” he whispered loud enough for the two of us.

The priest gives me a stare and I smiled knowing my answer.

“I don’t” I yelled and walked down the aisle and stopped at a certain girl.

“Congrats for stealing my fiancé, !” I threw my bouquet at her face then hurriedly exited the church.

A motorbike parked in front of me. The driver removes his helmet, and I smile as I recognize him.

“Well then pretty lady, shall we go to our own private getaway trip?” He took my hand and led me to his motorbike.

“Private getaway trip?” I tilted my head.

“Our honeymoon darling” He joked and we both rode the bike.

“Yuto, you never change!” I playfully whacked his arm and then I finally wrapped my arms around his waist for support.

“Hold on tight Eryl” He started the engine and drove. He took me away from the hellish place.

Forget about those con artists. My prince charming finally came, and he’s a pauper just like me.

 

Owari