i - Liberation

night time/escape

We are always falling.

 

Sunggyu stared out over the dark vastness that spread out beyond him and continued on for as far as he could see. The expanse was dotted all over with lights that sparkled like spread out constellations in a night sky. Some parts were completely black, and he knew why; after all, it was because of him that those areas would not be having any light for quite a while. The thought brought a smile to his lips that fell almost immediately after.

 

A light wind whipped at his hair as he continued to gaze out at the city. He had chosen the tallest building – he wanted a clear view of everything that he had done in the past few months. The city continued to blink back at him, and he turned his eyes to the sky. It was ironic then, that there were no more stars in the sky.

 

A sudden twinkle caught his eye and he held his breath because he had seen this star – should have known that it would be the only one winking mischievously at him. Because he knew this star, had loved this star once, and knew that he would be seeing this star again.

 

Soon.

 

Taking in a deep breath, he stepped closer to the edge of the tower and looked down. Nothing but dark depths greeted him, and he could feel the gloom reaching up towards him, enveloping his limbs and caressing him with soft, shadowy tentacles that felt a lot like fear. He brushed them aside. It wasn't his first time standing on the edge.

 

He had lived a satisfying life, hadn’t he? He had been satisfied before, and even after everything that happened he was as satisfied as ever, possibly been more.

 

Oh yes, life had been good to him.

 

Sunggyu raised his eyes back to the star that twinkled knowingly at him, and he smiled. “See you soon,” he promised, and without any hesitation, stepped right off the edge.

 

You can’t do a thing to change what’s happening. It’s like falling off a building – there is nothing there to stop you, nothing to break your fall, no one to catch you.

 

But I’ll catch you. I’ll always catch you.