If he can’t hold you like I did would you run back to me?

OVER [One-Shot]

 

When the fighting is over cause our mouths have just run dry.

 

As our feelings get colder, there’s nothing to hold us now…

 
 
 
Shou curled up tighter at the corner of his bed as he watched Hiroto walk around the room. His gaze focused on the guitarist’s bags by the floor. All of his lover’s things were already packed. He wanted to cry so badly but all he could do was watch in silence.
 
 
 
It’s been almost a year since the two of them had decided to live together. Both have been happy and contented—or so they thought.
 
 

 

Gave all this time just to be let down…

 
 
 
Shou buried his face in his arms and tried to remember how something so perfect could end up so bad.
 
 
 
It started with a few paltry fights—certain quarrels about small things. Then, those few small things piled up and grew out of hand.
 
 
 
They tried to patch-up everything. But it was just too much.
 
 
 

Can you explain to me what had become of us?

 

With words released, we can never take them back.

 

Not even pleading can save us…

 
 
 
He felt Hiroto sitting on the other side of the bed, making him look up. It gave him a small amount of consolation to see that he’s not alone in this hurt.
 
 
 
“I’m sorry.” He said, “I tried. Believe me.”
 
 
 
“I know.” The vocalist tried to offer him a smile just to show him that he’s fine. “We both did.”
 
 
 
Outside, the two of them heard a car pull in. Shou glanced out the window to see a dark haired guy alight from the vehicle.
 
 
 

I know you’d meet someone better but would still think of me

 

If he can’t hold you like I did would you run back to me?

 

Yes, I know this pain shall pass.

 
 
 
It was during their worst arguments that Hiroto found solace in the arms of someone else. Tora—the other guy—gave Hiroto certain things that the vocalist cannot offer. And Shou was smart enough to know that he can’t compete.
 
 
 
Hiroto gave him one last glance before picking up his bags to leave. Soon enough, Shou was alone in his room. He dared not to look out as he heard Tora’s car drive off.
 
 
 

Gave all this time still we couldn’t last…

 
 
 
It took him a few more moments to let himself give in to his ache. He cried and cried for the rest of the evening. He cried for everything that was wasted. They could have tried harder. They could have still sorted things out.
 
 
 
But they were both tired—tired of every little thing they fight over that would only come back no matter how many times they fix it. With him, Shou knew that Hiroto would only have to face the same troubles over again. But with Tora, he could start with something new.
 
 
 
Hours went by and Shou’s room is now blanketed in darkness. But he kept on crying. He doesn’t have any intention to stop until he’s drained of every single tear and pain.
 
 
 

With all that we’re worth now, not even pleading can save us.

 
 
 
Tomorrow, he’ll be fine. He still have to go to work which means he would still have to see and meet up with the two. But he’ll be fine. He’ll just have to cry everything out ‘til he turns numb. And then he’ll be fine.
 
 

 

yes, I know this pain shall pass...