Final

The First Stage

 It’s the day of their comeback.Minji had escaped from her unnies by telling them she’s buying coffee for them.”I want tea!”Chaerin unnie replied before Minji rushed out of the waiting room.

 Minji sighed in relief when she reached the vending machine.She had chosen the furthest machine,the one that no one really use.Minji sat down on a chair nearby,but not before making sure she doesn’t ruined her clothes.She played with her fingers and enjoyed the silence.

  She closed her eyes and went through her lines and their choreography.2ne1 is no longer a rookie but Minji had always has a problem with their first stage after a hiatus.Her confidence on stage is usually a mask and it made her feel like she doesn’t belong in 2ne1.

 Her unnies are aware of this problem.Bom unnie had hugged her tightly as she sobbed.“It’s only for the first stage Minji-ah!You’ll be fine afterwards.Everyone has stage frights and the first step is always the scariest”Dara unnie had told her.Chaerin unnie had gripped her shoulders and said “You have practice enough,Minji-ah.We all have.Believe in yourselves.”

 But no matter what her unnies told her,the bad feeling still doesn’t leave her and her hands are still sweaty,a sign that she’s nervous.She opened her eyes when she decided that wasting time and worrying won’t help her.‘Maybe we can practice one more time..’she thought and almost yelled when she saw a boy sitting next to her.

 The boy blinked and smiled to her.Minji’s first thought was ‘Who is this pretty boy?’ and later realized that it’s her sunbae,Lee Taemin from Shinee.“Omo!”she shrieked and quickly stood up and bowed.Taemin chuckled.

 “Gong Minji right?”he grinned.Minji gave him a polite smile.They worked together once,a collab on Halloween with Gikwang,Wooyoung and Chansung.“Today is your comeback right?”She nodded,feeling awkward.

 “What are you doing here?”he asked,curious.Minji widened her eyes.“I..um..I’m buying coffee for my unnies”she answered.He nodded and Minji could see mischief in his eyes.“Nervous?”he asked.

 Minji gasped.‘No no no!’her mind screamed at her.2ne1 is known as a badass,full of confidence girlgroup and there’s no way Minji could show others that she,Gong Minji,the maknae of 2ne1 is nervous.“A..aniyo!I’m fine”she mumbled and was ready to excuse herself.

 “It’s okay to be nervous”he said and smiled.“I saw that you were nervous before the Halloween performance”he told her.Minji stared at him,shocked.‘Damn!I thought nobody noticed.’

 Lee Taemin smiled again and pat the seat next to him.Minji sat,not knowing what to do.“I don’t understand.Why are you nervous?”he asked.“I’m not always nervous.It’s always the first comeback stage”Minji replied.“The expectation is high.I want to show a good first impression.I want to show my fans the best.”she pouted.

 “Seriously?Minji, you have never made any mistake on stage.”Minji was ready to interupt but Taemin quickly added “Trust me.I know.”He grinned and whispered in Minji’s ear “I watched your performances.All of them.And you were flawless in each of them.”

 Minji was red,turning to the shade of a very ripe tomato. is opened in a very unladylike manner.Taemin grinned again,eyes bright from excitement but his cheeks were pink too.

 “Yes.I am your fanboy.”he asked.Minji managed to close but she stared at him.‘He just admits he’s MY fanboy!’Her heart was racing.

 He grinned and millions of thoughts race to her head like ‘This pretty boy really like to smile,huh?’‘Argh,so bright!’ and ‘I could get used to this’ She was so lost in her thoughts that the next thing she knew,his lips were on her cheek.

 It was just a few seconds but it felt like time stopped.Minji was sure her heart was going to jump out of her chest.She could feel his breath(and soft lips) against her cheek.She stopped breathing.Taemin didn’t move,instead he whispered “For good luck” and grinned.Minji felt like melting.

 Taemin moved after that.“I think you should go back now”he said and stood up.Minji’s eyes were wide,so big that she’s pretty sure Daesung oppa would be jealous if he saw this.She let go of the breath she’s holding and put both of her hands on her chest.It was a miracle that she didn’t experienced any heart attack.

 She walked back to 2ne1’s waiting room(completely forgetting about the drinks).Her unnies were puzzled to see her came back empty-handed but realized that Minzy’s hands were no longer sweaty and she didn’t visit the toilet countless time before the performance.

 Minzy realized it too.“Wouldn’t be a bad thing if he could help me everytime I’m having this problem.”she thought and smiled.

~~~~

I wrote this before 2ne1's I Love You comeback stage but only post it now~~

Thanks for reading and please forgive all my grammar mistakes(if there's any).

This is my 3rd oneshot?But I think this is more like a drabble haha...