~The day we ran away together

You belong here, in my arms...

 

 

 

 

                                   


 

“Run away with me.”

  
The cigarette smoke merged with the barman’s strong odor. Your mind went blank. You didn’t dare to move your gaze away from your glass, seeing that he was expecting your reply.


“What?” You let out a nervous laugh. “You should stop with your drinking.”


“I am serious… You said it yourself; you have nothing worth staying here for.” Zico’s eyes were pressuring not only your heart, but your thoughts as well.


“I have my friends, my best friend, my home… You are a stranger to me! I don’t even get why I am still here.” You muttered.


His hand grabbed yours.


“Then what DO you plan on doing?” he said with a sharp voice, that made even your bones shiver.


Before you could get your thoughts together and say anything at all, your phone rang. Zico got even more irritated. He grabbed your phone and picked up.


“I can explain everything...”


“Oh, I am sure you can.” Said Zico with sarcasm and then glanced at you.


“Wh—… WHO ARE YOU? WHERE IS SHE?”


SHE has a name, you know…”


“I WANT TO TALK WITH HER!!!”


“Umm, no. Sorry but I don’t think neither of us is in the mood to talk with the lacks of you.”


“****, IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO HER I SWEAR—”


“I plan to do whatever I want with whoever I want…Even if I have to take her far away from someone like you.” Declaring that, he looked at you. There was a mixed feeling in his eyes- scared of being left alone, yet sure of his power over you. “Bye, bye.” His glance was still fixed on you, as he hung up and turned off the phone.


He probably was talking to Joon, but that didn’t bother you one bit. Somehow you didn’t care what Joon said to him, right now Zico was the one occupying your mind. In reality you wanted things to be as they were before, but the fact that all of it was just an illusion, hiding the things that might have been happening behind your back…well that made you want to change. You could see it in his eyes, Zico could make that change, but if you were to run away with him, a stranger, would you ever return? Would you risk your future, just to forget about the present?


“You didn’t even try to stop me, I am surprised.” He whispered, stopping you from going further into your thoughts. “Does that mean that you will come with me?”


“I might think about it.”


“It rather looks like you can’t decide.” His bull’s eyes pierced right trough you. “Then I guess I must be the one to help you.” He said with a sweet voice.


Leaving the saloon, you headed towards his motorcycle. Zico pulled you swiftly and gave you a sign to get on, but you refused.


“Really? What are you an old lady?” he demanded grinning evilly at you.


Even though he was just playing with your nerves you still didn’t want to get on. Zico let a sigh out and got off his bike, heading towards you. When he was just about to pick you up you sprinted towards his motorcycle and got on. As he started his bike, you grabbed him tight around the waste and both of you disappeared between the city lights.

You drove for almost a hour. You could feel your head getting heavier as the minutes passed, in result you fell asleep onto Zico’s back. The highway was like and endless path towards the “end of the world”, you could drive for days, but in the end you would be at the very beginning. It kind of resembled your you and Joon. Even if you were to forgive him and he was to want you back, things wouldn’t be the same…not in reality. It would be like getting to know a whole new side of him, a side that might bring you back again into the same situation…the same bad memories and scars.

The motorcycle stopped. You were surrounded by a garden of flowers right against a beautiful riverside. The streetlights made the flower’s petal colors radiate, creating a mesmerizing fairytail around both of you.


“Hey, wake up.” You heard Zico’s sweet voice calling for you. “If you miss this, I won’t be happy…”


As your eyes opened slowly, you met his eyes, realizing you were just inches away from him.  .   You were laying on a bench and his body was bent over yours. Keeping calm in a situation like this was imposible, at least for you. Zico helped you up, securing your head with his hand. The cold wind made you shiver, but the view made you freeze up. You couldn’t help, but gaze at the magical atmosphere that these beautiful elements created.



“This…It is more than amazing!” You whimpered.


“Come.” Zico stood up and headed towards the garden, behind you. He bended down and ripped to roses for each of you. “Here, take this.”


“Thanks…but you didn’t have to.” You said barely, with a sore pain in your throat.


“It’s not for you. It’s for your wish.” He stated, separating the head of the rose from its stalk. “It is said that if you throw a red flower into this river before dawn and make a wish, the dragon (keeper of the river) will grant it for you and true happiness will come your way. I used to come here a lot when I was a child…”


His expression seemed so deep and gentle, making you wonder what he was like when he was a kid. The same went for him, when you started talking about yourself before you met Joon.

You stood next to each other as you threw the roses and made a wish. The reflection of the lights in the water made the fallen rose petals look like red diamonds.


“So what did you wish for, through all these years?” You asked resting your back onto the river’s division fence.


“It already came true.” he said closing up on you.


“What d—?”


Your words dissolved into the air and your vision was blurred, but you could still hear Zico talking to you, it’s just that you couldn’t get what he was saying anymore. Suddenly you felt your body collapse and everything turned black. A cold feeling pierced your body. Your heart was still awake, but your mind was set to sleep…