The Matoki

Mato's Finest: The Stuff You Don't Really See

Is this thing working? 

It's recording right? Ah, thank you.

Hello, Earthlings. This is Mato's current governor. You might know me by the Earth name of Hyosung. It was brought to my attention that several Earthlings were curious about our marvelous planet and its inhabitants and history. After a few long discussions with our Senate, they have allowed me to share some information with you. As far as I am aware, the information I will give out to you is not being monitored in anyway.

Which means I can share classified information if I'm sneaky about it. 

I was pondering over where to start for a while when I realized, I should just start at the basics! Since our six lovely agents are currently a boyband on your planet, you might be curious about who they really are, yes? I hear they're gaining popularity. This is good news - it means my plan is working. Project BAP is just as successful as I had wished, if not more.

Ahem.

So. Shall we begin?

 

Despite what the successful Korean entertainment company TSEnt tries to tell you, the Matoki aren't just a bunch of lethal bunny-looking things. Think of those as mere Earthling-created mascots. 

The real Matoki are a much more advanced and dangerous species. We have developed the technology to seamlessly blend into Earthling culture by taking on their likeness in the form of a skin suit. A skin suit is exactly what it sounds like - a disguise made up of synthetic material that is designed to contain the Matokian physique and make us appear human. Each skin suit is tailoured to match their Matokian user. The creators do not design ones based off of already living Earthlings, as that could cause quite a messy situation if the two were ever to run into each other.

As for Matokians ourselves, you might think of us as giant tigers that stand on two legs and have opposable thumbs. Except we're not. We may have the likeness of Earth's tigers, yes, but we are quite different at the same time. Depending on the preference of the Matokian, their fur might be cut short or kept long. Some even prefer to dye their fur different colours. It's become quite a trend these days. I; however, am proud to say that my fur is the same colour it has been since birth (not that my father would ever let me dye it anyway). 

Ah, and for the BAP boys? Well, General Shishimato (Earth name: Bang Yongguk) is stingy as always and refuses to have any alterations done. Commander Tatsmato (Kim Himchan) has recently dyed his to black to match his skin suit hair, Jokomato (Youngjae) has kept his brown recently, Kekemato (Daehyun) is also brown, and lastly Dadamato (Jongup) has blonde fur at the moment. Tatsmato (Zelo) does not have a Matokian form but his tribal tattoo does change colours, in case you were wondering.

Matokians are usually born a brownish-red colour. Our eyes are very cat-like and vary in colour. Mine our blue and look like this! Humans have whites surrounding their irises, but Matokians have black instead. It does make for somewhat of a creepy image. Our pupils are black as well. Each hand and foot has claws that vary in length depending on whether or not that specific being prefers to keep them cut or grow them out. They are black and usually have a bit of a hook at the end. They are also completely retractable. No, we do not usually wear shoes.

We have ears that would resemble a bit of a rabbit's. They're long and pointed and have fibres on the inside that aide in picking up sounds and frequencies Earthlings would not hear. Sometimes, we need to hear other frequencies that even our ears aren't capable of detecting. For that, our best doctors and engineers developed an implant that improves the range of our ears. We also have technology to improve eyesight (Fun fact: those were Daehyun's eyes before he had his skin suit altered to appear more "manly") and even create what you would consider a computer in our heads. Youngjae would be a good example of someone with brain enhancements. 

Now what am I forgetting?

Ah, teeth. Our teeth are quite unique and definitely aide us in everyday life as well as battle. We have four rows of teeth - two lining where our normal teeth would be if we were human and two on the gums on both the outside and the inside by the tongue (we call these the rim teeth). Rim teeth are generally very sharp and pointed. They might resemble shark teeth a bit. The inside rows (the 'main' teeth) are very similar to human teeth with maybe a bit more sharpness to them. Our canines and the teeth next to them are also elongated into fangs. Quite an intimidating smile, no?

Tails! I can't believe I almost forgot about our tails when mine is currently swishing around my chair. As much as I wish I had three of them, Matokians only have one, long tail. They are furry up until the end, where it curves into a bit of a fuzzy arrow. Something like this, but with more fur. They are quite useful for balance. It really is quite a shame to me that humans don't have tails. It also tends to throw us off when wearing a skin suit - sometimes I don't even know how you Earthlings stand on two feet!

I will get more into the Matokian language in later recordings, perhaps. It's an ancient language that takes quite a bit of explaining, and I do not feel like explaining it now. I think I'm almost out of time on this recording anyway...

Oh! I also would like to mention that the inside of our mouths and our tongues are blue (Earth lizards have the same look). Doctors say that it's because we have black blood and not red, but I'm not quite sure how that makes any sense. 

It seems I'm out of time for now. I hope I wasn't forgetting anything.

Goodbye for now, Earthlings!