Dreams, Promises and Lost Time

Dreams, Promises and Lost Time

He entered the dark classroom. 


This was the place he spent his last year of high-school in - whether it be actually listening to his teacher, reading the latest volume of yet another manga or simply daydreaming. But this was also the place where he realized his dreams and made a certain promise. 


Walking to the back of the room, he found his seat - well, what used to be his seat. He smiled when he saw his name still written on the right-hand corner of the desk. It was in roma-ji, written backwards, a skill he picked up from someone from back then. Looking out the window, he wondered where that someone was. It has been ten years since they last saw each other, did her dreams come true too? 


“This is trespassing, you know,” came a voice, “Matsumoto-san.” 


He smiled turning to where the voice had come from. The lights in the hallway were now , giving him the chance to see the speaker. It was her. 


It was her. Her brown eyes still as bright as he last saw them. Her black hair still as dark as night, though they are shorter now, framing her small heart-shaped face. 


“I see you’re still as beautiful as ever, Shiraishi-san,” he greeted her. 


“And you’re still that same lying boy from ten years ago, huh, Matsumoto.” She was now walking towards him. 


“I never lie to you, Sae,” he whispered though it was loud enough for her to hear in the dark & quiet school building. 


She ignored what he said, continuing on talking. “I guess you got your dream now right? Japan’s top idol, Matsumoto Jun. Isn’t that exciting?”


He chuckled, she still did not change. “Don’t patronize me, Sae. You got your dream too. You gave up that modeling career to become a teacher.” 


“I promise you I’d be one, didn’t I?” she looked up at him, smiling. 


“Why come back to Horikoshi though?” 


She looked up at the sky, the moonlight giving her a silvery glow. 


“I was hoping that someone would remember a promise and fulfill it.” 


“Did he come yet?” 


“He did but maybe he forgot about that promise.” 


“What if he actually did, Sae? What will you do then?” 


“I already told him before. He knows I’ll kick his a$*.” She said the words with a smile on her thin lips, making him chuckle before silence overtook them. 


.. 
 
…. 
….. 
…... 



“Will you be mine, Sae?” 


A long pause. 


“Seriously, Jun? You had to be reminded about me kicking your a$* before you actually do-” 


“Just answer the question Sae.” He was anxious about her answer yet happy that he finally called him by his first name again. 


“Are you fuc*** mental Jun? You’ve had my heart since ten years ago.” 


“Is that really the appropriate vocabulary for a highschool teacher?” He managed to let the words out acting unfazed when in truth, his heart was leaping for joy. 


She clicked her tongue. “Oh I don’t know Jun. But isn’t this supposed to be the scene where you finally kiss me passionately after all the years we’ve been apart,” the words flew out of dramatically, “like, I don’t know, in Hana Yori Dango maybe.” 


He grabbed her hand, pulling her close. “These kisses will be better than any of those, Sae. This is ten years we’re talking about,” he whispered huskily into her ear. She shivered from the feeling, making him laugh lightly. 


Without giving her a chance to speak, his lips smashed onto her. She kissed back with the same amount of passion, making him smirk. 


Tonight they had a whole lot of catching up to do.