Stress and Anxiety

Love Like Oxygen

++Key's POV++

"Actually, mom..." I took a deep breath. "It's a guy."

She was silent for a while.

"Ever since I met Amber I always knew I liked guys. I liked her boyish side, but nothing else, and you thought I really liked her," I chuckled a bit as I explained. "When I met Onew, I was certain that I was attracted to guys. And with that never working, I kinda gave up on searching. But then when I first came here, I met Jonghyun," I said, right as Jonghyun walked in.

"Oh," my mom said quietly. "I don't know what you're father would say about this..."

My family was religious, especially my father. My mom was a lot easier on me, but my dad strictly followed all rules and definitely wouldn't approve.

Jonghyun came over and sat on the bed, wrapping an arm around me.

"I know... but I really love him," I smiled at him.

"Well, no matter who you love, I'm happy for you. I don't care who it is, love is love. Your father will be the only one with problems..."

"We'll be able to get him to understand," I sighed.

We talked a bit more before we said our goodbyes and hung up. 

I turned to Jonghyun and gave him a tight hug.

"First time telling them?" I answered his question with a nod. "I remember when I came out to my parents," he continued, "they were okay with it, they mostly didn't really care. I'm sure your parents will be okay too."

I gave him a smile and a quick kiss.

"Thanks Jonghyun," I said happily.

 

++Onew's POV++

I stared at my phone, waiting for a reply to a message I just sent. It felt like I had been waiting an eternity. 

I nearly had a heart attack when I heard it beep loudly. I fumbled with my phone as I unlocked it.

'Sure, I guess' is what the message said.

I felt my heart begin to race. I had just asked Tiffany out to brunch and she actually said yes! 

I regained myself and managed to reply with a time which I could come pick her up.

She suggested a double date with Jonghyun and Key. I hesitated, thinking of the issues that could arise, but figuring I could really use having friends there for support.

I prayed for the best and replied with an 'ok'.

I sighed and quickly dialed Key's number.

"Hello?" he answered, with a slight hint of stress in his voice. I bit my lip, wondering if I should back out.

"Um, hey Key," I said awkwardly.

"Oh, hi Onew, what's up?" he replied, sounding a bit cheerier than he was at first.

"Well..." I hesitated and swallowed my fear. "I kinda have a date in a few hours, and I was hoping that maybe you and Jonghyun would want to help and support me by making it a double date."

I hated the fact that I felt like an awkward turtle trying to ask a popular girl to prom.

"Oh, great for you! I'll ask Jonghyun about it, hold on," he said, moving away from the phone for a moment. I sat waiting while listening to the faint mumbling on the other end.

"Okay!" Key's voice rang through the speaker, surprising me a bit. "He said sure. What time?"

"Um be there by 12," I said, before giving him the other details and saying goodbye. I hung up and sighed.

I felt extremely nervous and worried. I decided to leave out the fact that my date was Tiffany. I feared being hated by them, but I really needed this.

 

++Jonghyun's POV++

I was a bit unsure about Onew's "date", but just because he was a friend of Key's and I wanted to make him happy, I agreed to go. Plus, brunch at a nice restaurant didn't sound too bad.

At around 11:30, me and Key got into my car and headed to the restaurant that Onew said to go to. It was a fancy yet relaxed family-style restaurant with many other couples and families. 

Once I parked the car, I walked with Key up to the restaurant, both of us happy and smiling. We were excited for Onew getting a date.

We walked inside and the atmosphere was buzzing and cheerful. We scanned the dining room for our friend.

"Jonghyun! Key!" I heard his voice call out to us from across the room. I heard Key gasp and I turned my head to find Onew and his date.

My smile instantly wiped off of my face and the atmosphere was no longer cheerful.

 

===========================================================================

OMONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OOOOO

ONEW WAEEE???!!!

XD

Okay, this story is killing me, the feels.

IT'S MY OWN STORY WHY

I LURV IT

And I hope you do too :3

I'll keep the updates coming as quick and smooth as possible~! <3

Comment, Subscribe, Support ^^