Let's begin...

ROLEPLAY GUIDELINES

1. Before deciding the idol that you are going to RP, make sure to check some info about that person. Check and research info about the group, company, and other stuff about that person as well.

 

2. Put in mind that once you step into the RP, you are no longer yourself, but instead you should be the person that you are roleplaying. So in the event you meet another idol there who is either in the same company or same group as the person you are RP-ing, never intoduce youself anymore because you are supposed to know that person already. (AU RPs would be an exception)

 

 Ex. Say you are RP-ing person 'A' and then you meet person 'B' who is from the same company as you and you introduce yourself.

 

'A' to 'B' : Annyeonghaseyo, 'A' imnida. Pleasure to meet you.

 

and then 'B' replies: You didn't have to introduce to me. We know each other.

 

and 'A' says: But we just met.. <--- WRONG!

 

While it's true that you were just new in the RP, keep in mind that you should put yourself in the shoes of the idol you are roleplaying. So whether or not you know the person behind the other idol, if those idols are supposed to be close in real life, then you have to adapt to it. Either you get close to that person as well or just don't interact with him/her throught your entire stay in the RP.

 

3. As soon as you step into the RP, remember that you should be considering that roleplay place as your ''REAL LIFE''. Therefore, the words ''real life'' , ''roleplay/RP'' , ''roleplayer/RPer'' , ''OOC'' , shouldn't be mentioned inside the RP. Why? It wouldn't make sense. Another example will be this...

 

'A' to 'B' : Annyeong. 'A' imnida, nice to meet you.

'B' replies: Hi. OMG I miss the old 'A'. <--- WRONG!

 

Isn't there only supposed to be one of that idol? Unlesss there's a doppleganger or a clone, right?

Actually it's just simple common sense.

 

4. Another very basic principle, if you are going to talk OUT-OF-CHARACTER, then you should use brackets in order to avoid confusion with the people you are talking too. Even in the chat box, you should still use that even if no one else sees the conversation between you and the other person. Well unless all your conversations are meant to be real-life talks then maybe that could be an exemption.

 

Ex. 'A' to 'B' : Bye bye I have to go now. I still have a lot of homework to do. And I have school tomorrow too.

<--- Do you expect the idol to have a homework? Well, maybe it's true that some of them are still in universities etc. but it just doesn't work in RPs. I mean... it's obviously supposed to mean in real life. So please, learn how to separate RP talk from RL talk.

 

5. Regarding timezones... inside the roleplay, roleplayers are expected to adopt Korean time. Why? Just look at the info in the proflie. Doesn't it say ''Lives in Seoul, Korea'' ? Therefore it wouldn't make sense if the time is morning and you'll say ''Good evening everyone.'' <--- unless you make that an OOC post. So please if you are going to talk about your own timezone, use brackets. And also, there's no excuse for not knowing what timezone you are in. You can search that in the internet.

 

6. Among all the groups in a roleplay, the OOC group should be the least used group. It's almost just like an emergency group. Keep in mind that you are in the roleplay to act as the idol you are portraying and not as yourself. The OOC group is there for you NOT to post about your personal everyday life. It isn't for you to rant, spazz, etc. daily. It was provided most especially for urgent purposes. If you are only going to post about daily life experiences and all emotions you have inside you then you can use your other accounts such as your personal FB account. There is no excuse for that.

--- I was just addressing the overuse/abuse of OOC groups in PRs like what I've always witnessed and observed. 

 

7. Let's say you have an OOC post but because of #6, you decide to just put the post in brackets... doing that would be fine too but please do not do it all the time and just have a daily post with brackets either in other groups or as a status post. Again, you are in the RP not to talk about your real life. So please, the bottomline of this is, minimize OOC posts.

 

8. Do not mix OOC ang RP posts. What's meant to be OOC should stay OOC. If someone talks to you OOC, don't reply in character. But if there's an RP post and you reply OOC if you can't seem to reply in character then that'll be okay. Just find a good way to get back to RP talk. That's simple. Again, common sense. So I think it's easy to understand.

 

 

 


So what else? Hmm... I guess that's all I have in mind now.

I'll just be updating this post if I get to think of more.

I hope that helped... for both curent and future RPers.

I just wanted to help in order to create a better life in the RP World.